Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 14-05-2023, 07:14 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
Now I will speak or write. Thinking creates beliefs. If we stop thinking there won't be beliefs. But if Descartes is right, if we stop thinking, we won't be either.

"I am therefore I think."

Thinking is the 'surface layer' but you - everybody, me too - have a layer beneath that creates your beliefs, then you become conscious of them and you think about them. You may decide that you don't like a certain belief so it goes back for 'recycling'. And despite what's been said over and over, 'I am' is ego.

According to non-Duality, yes, Descartes is right and if we stop thinking we won't be. Advaita means "Not two," "There are not two things, there is only you and you are not a thing." I dare say that there are other examples of something around. Thoughts are based on our beliefs, so if we're thinking of something it's already a belief. If you believe yourself to be Spiritual, for instance, then your thoughts will be on that 'theme' and they'll have a Spiritual inclination. If you believe in positive and negative karma, that's the context your thoughts will be in the next time something happens to you. Sometimes thoughts are 'recycled', which seems like your thoughts are creating your beliefs rather than modifying them.

Thoughts and beliefs are objects of consciousness and therefore Duality.

Dissociating yourself from your thoughts is the beginning of a mental health issue, that's not clever. One of the reasons your thoughts are so prominent is that you put store in them, they're important to you. Perhaps they make you feel like someone - no disrespect intended. The less importance you ascribe to them, the less they'll invade your conscious but 'you' will still be there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HBA8AesM6o

Last edited by TattieHowker : 14-05-2023 at 10:34 AM.
Old 14-05-2023, 09:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattieHowker
So if you are Spirit on a human Journey, what do you get out of coming here?

I would guess we are here to learn and grow and change (evolve) though our karmic experiences and relationships. To increase in understanding and awareness.

Like a stone being polished in a river.
Old 14-05-2023, 10:21 AM
Guide

It is more easy to learn while in the physical rather than the Astral and quicker, and whilst here you can develop karma that gives you the urge to return and amend.
On the other hand, some just come to explore.

Once again,my take on Duality...............Duality..in the body,
Non duality,,out of the body.

That's it in a nutshell.
Old 14-05-2023, 10:32 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I would guess we are here to learn and grow and change (evolve) though our karmic experiences and relationships. To increase in understanding and awareness.

Like a stone being polished in a river.
Back to the narrative, and as Spirit we are the pinnacle of Spirituality - tapped into the collective consciousness and all that - yet here we are in a Spiritual forum with so many differing opinions and beliefs on the same subjects. If there was a truth in karma, wouldn't all Spirit already know that truth? If you started a thread on Karma, how many different answers do you think you'll get? Yet here we are in what you called "An invented reality." For many people that "Invented reality" is the only reality they have, for others any other reality they believe exists might well be just as invented.

My point is not to discredit you, my point is that we need to think differently and to understand the reasons things are the way they are. Because there are so many things - like relationships - that Spirit can't experience unless it's under the hood of the separate self.

"There is only Brahman. What is Brahman is Brahman and what is not Brahman is also Brahman." Non-Duality. Therefore, those 'inventions' are just as much Brahman as the truth is.
Old 14-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
It is more easy to learn while in the physical rather than the Astral and quicker, and whilst here you can develop karma that gives you the urge to return and amend.
Apparently there is no time, and karma is time-dependant. As is returning and amending. This is the problem I have with the way karma - and a few other things are portrayed. Too many contradictory Spiritual truths.
Old 14-05-2023, 10:42 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Because there are so many things - like relationships - that Spirit can't experience
it's under the hood of the separate self.
"There is only Brahman. What is Brahman is Brahman and what is not Brahman is also Brahman."
Great words!!! Thank you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-05-2023, 04:25 PM
Master

Quote:
"There is only Brahman. What is Brahman is Brahman and what is not Brahman is also Brahman."
I agree with part of what you say - there is only Brahman. Brahman is all there is, but we do not perceive all of it in our normal state of awareness. What we perceive is duality. What we don't normally perceive is non-dual.
Old 14-05-2023, 10:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

That's not English is it?

I don't know what Brahman is lol. I will google it.
Old 14-05-2023, 10:20 PM
Master

Quote:
"There is only Brahman. What is Brahman is Brahman and what is not Brahman is also Brahman." .

For those who speak English:

Brah·man
noun
a member of the highest Hindu caste, that of the priesthood.
"a Brahman family"

But then I don't know what caste is either.

Caste
noun
each of the hereditary classes of Hindu society, distinguished by relative degrees of ritual purity or pollution and of social status.
Old 14-05-2023, 10:21 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Thank you.