Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 30-06-2022, 10:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronni
Personally, I don’t hold that anything can ‘go wrong’ with God, but for sure there are all kinds of spiritual misinterpretations, inaccurate understandings, false and distorted teachings, etc., and which are causing people on Earth (and ‘Cosmic Beings’, too?) to go all kinds of wrong, spiritually, mentally and emotionally.

yeah pretty much everyone is confused in my opinion... normal mortals and cosmic beings alike... but I also think God knew every last bit of the wicked stuff we would do to ourselves and each other and every inch of it was accounted for, when creating 'the great mystery of god'.
Old 10-07-2022, 07:23 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
yeah pretty much everyone is confused in my opinion... normal mortals and cosmic beings alike... but I also think God knew every last bit of the wicked stuff we would do to ourselves and each other and every inch of it was accounted for, when creating 'the great mystery of god'.
Hi FallingLeaves,
I think...yeah, I do agree with you...and, yeah...I don't. . I think that if we really do have true God-Given free will, then even God might, (*might* not "for sure"), might be surprised by some of our creative imagination (notwithstanding if it is constructive or destructive).
This is just a personal thing on my part, but I don't think that God wants to be a "mystery" to us...rather, I think that He wants us to know Him, so that we can do our best to try to emulate Him. (NOT AT ALL that we can reach the Fullness of Him, but only try to emulate, as best we can.)
Old 11-08-2022, 12:24 AM
jaminhealth

Or if a god is in existence, that god is take a big big big break.
Old 08-09-2022, 08:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Four years ago, I was an agnostic bordering on atheist. More precisely, as I was told, I was a "Christian Agnostic"--meaning that I would believe in *God* if I saw Him. Then one night I had an epiphany to end all epiphanies--a line of reasoning leading straight to an infinite, God-like entity, without the need to believe in any form of magic and with absolutely no leap of faith required (that I can see) other than that the universe will continue as it has since the beginning.

The following year or so was as terrifying as it was mind-blowing and uplifting. Never in my life had I actually believed that any of these things could possibly be true, yet here I was with my entire belief system rearranging itself to accommodate my new reality. I dived into inner work, something that I had done earlier in my life with great difficulty, and found it virtually effortless--I simply had to recognize that something was a problem, and then it would essentially resolve itself naturally. For example, when I earned my first paycheck when I was 16 years old, it came to a grand total of around $55 for a week-and-a-half's work because I hadn't been trained correctly to operate the time clock (I was 16, remember?). My assumption at the time and ever since was that my supervisor--who I assumed would have seen the error and corrected the mistake if he was honest--intentionally cheated me. But upon reflection, I realized that the more likely scenario was that my boss wasn't a villain, he was a slacker! Rather than checking the time cards for accuracy, he just signed off on them. As this was totally in line with my recollection of him (a laid-back "surfer dude"), my attitude toward him softened somewhat, and much of the lingering suspicion I have had toward my employers melted away.

I hear talk of receiving "downloads", and I'm pretty sure that's what was happening to me. I began writing a book, a novel that would explain these insights while telling a story. As I wrote, ideas would appear in a way that was completely outside of my normal creative process. The best way to describe it would be that they would "pop" like popcorn--entire scenes, lines of dialog, even just simple "yes" or "no" answers to questions, whether I asked them or not. Then, in response to me expressing my doubts about this whole thing, a truly large "kernal" appeared, but didn't "pop". I worked on it for three days, gradually understanding what it was and what it was about, until it finally popped--it was a creation myth. A believable one.

And then it got to be too much. I asked for things to slow down, and they did. But not before another "kernal" appeared.

Understand that I'm not trying to set myself up as some kind of prophet, or anyone special. I simply believe that for a time I was connected to something/someone that has been in contact with humanity since our very beginning. It does not speak to us as a human would, it does not tend to have conversations. It gives us ideas, then leaves it up to us to process them in our own way, in ways that we can understand. Our minds act like a kind of "filter". A dirty one. We project our current beliefs onto whatever new information we receive, in this case, taking divine inspiration and coloring it with our own assorted baggage. The result is a system of belief that is unique to each individual, group or culture, yet based on true divine guidance.

So this brings me to the point of my post here. Is there something wrong with God? No. There is absolutely nothing wrong with God. What's wrong is humanity's tendency to think of God as some kind of insurance policy--if you spend a couple hours every Sunday using your butt to warm up a pew, bad things won't happen to you. I invite those who believe such things to read the Book of Job, though I am not a Christian. What's wrong is our lack of discernment regarding our own faith, trusting our spiritual leaders while many of them shovel hate into our hearts for their own selfish purposes. What's wrong is our tendency to shove our beliefs in the faces of those who don't want them. To believe that ours is the One True Faith and that all others are wrong or evil. To believe that our faith alone makes us righteous. To attempt to fight evil out in the wider world without first fighting it in the very place where evil lives and thrives--in your heart.

I say these things as much to myself as to you, and these are things that I believe we should always keep in mind, even if we think--are *convinced*, even--that we are doing right.

I'll close out this post by saying this: I can say with certainty that whatever higher power you believe in absolutely does exist. What I cannot say is how much power that being or beings have in our particular universe. But one thing I can say for certain is that the being(s) that you believe in *do* have immense power here, through the words and deeds of those who follow them. So, people of faith... represent.
Old 07-10-2022, 06:09 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
People who talk about God usually never mention that there might be something wrong with Him/Her. God is always assumed to be perfect. I am starting to feel more strongly that God just isn't perfect. That is the real reason why there is so much wrong in the world. It all comes from God.

The only rational explanation for God is that He, She or It is just immensely larger than His, Her or Its creation in terms of scale. Think about a one-celled animal and compare it to a human being. The difference is so vast that from the perspective of the one-celled animal, the human being is a God. Nature is like a system of fractals which obey the same laws. A human being is a scaled down version of the Creator. A strong argument can be made that nature is in a process of evolution in terms of forms and awareness. Perhaps God is also evolving His, Her, or Its awareness by following a path which is beyond the comprehension of human beings. Just like the path of human beings is beyond the comprehension of the one-celled animal.

At any rate, to suggest that God experiences the same kinds of emotions as humans is naive in my opinion. There seems to be a balancing act being performed by nature or God. Karma is a law which God uses for this balancing. We do reap what we sow, so it would be in our best interests to sow goodness and beauty and truth. We complain about our circumstances, but we are the conductors of our own lives. We may argue to the Karmic Lords that "the Devil made me do it," but They will tell you that only you can be held responsible for your own willful actions. God always loves us as a Father loves His children, but maintaining the balance of the cosmos is more important than pampering misbehaving children. And adversity is the most important part of our lives. Without it, we would never grow.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
People who talk about God usually never mention that there might be something wrong with Him/Her. God is always assumed to be perfect. I am starting to feel more strongly that God just isn't perfect. That is the real reason why there is so much wrong in the world. It all comes from God.

Honza,

You think maybe that God dropped the ball when he gave us free will ? Think of the world with no free will and only the will of God. We would all be robots without any personality or uniqueness to demonstrate. Not my cup of tea….:)
Old 29-10-2022, 11:27 AM
Thumbs up Post 35

Only an excerpt:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Sunshine
Four years ago, I was an agnostic bordering on atheist.
Then one night I had an epiphany to end all epiphanies--a line of reasoning leading straight to an infinite, God-like entity...
Never in my life had I actually believed that any of these things could possibly be true,
I never saw this post! I love it!
Oh: "It does not speak to us as a human would, it does not tend to have conversations.''
Oh yeah He does!!!!! And it will blow your mind.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-11-2022, 10:14 AM
Experiencer

I experience God as the pure love that I am. I can accept god as the divine comforter and source of love.

What I have problems with is accepting god's omnipotence. The perennial question: how can a god of love allow pain and suffering to exist if she/he is all powerful? Maybe god is loving but not omnipotent, not responsible for the suffering of the world.

But my higher Self says that somehow God/myself is omnipotent, is all powerful and is responsible for everything. My intellect cannot understand this but my Heart feels that this is true.