Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-06-2022, 04:38 PM
Knower

Genuine after-death contact, or telepathy with the sitter?

I'm fascinated with the notion of the survival of consciousness after physical death, and after death contact (ADC). I've read lots, watched lots, and listened lots to podcasts, and so on. From the vast swathes of literature written on this subject, and a deluge of convincing evidence, (Jeffry Mishlove's award winning essay at the Bigelow institute is a masterpiece of evidence) I've become 97% convinced consciousness does survive physical death.

But there's one constant nagging possibility always in the back of my mind that constitutes the 3% doubt. If a medium is sat with a sitter, and giving evidence that only the deceased and sitter could know, could the medium be receiving that information telepathically from the sitter's sub-conscious? It seems to be a common criticism against the argument for ADC. Can anybody point to evidence, or highlight a case where this would have been impossible, thus supporting the notion ADC is genuine? Can any mediums here comment on this?

I once had a medium friend connect with my deceased nan. She asked me to ask a question only me and my nan would know. To my astonishment, my friend answered correctly. However, at that moment, I was thinking of the answer, so may have transmitted it to my friend. I have no way of knowing.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:36 PM
Master

After my mother passed, a couple of nights later, I had a semi-lucid dream in which among others she said to tell my sister that there is a bill that is due, and to pay it (I was living in another city). My sister checked and confirmed it.

I'm sure that there are many such examples, or even more convincing. What do they prove is that there are things we don't know. We come with all kind of hypotheses, but we can't know for sure which one is right, if any.

I believe that reading (watching, listening to) what others experienced or believe isn't the way to get closer to the truth, to finding out more about the wider-reality. The better way is for everyone to learn to get in touch with their own inner-source of knowledge and guidance, while suspending all their beliefs and expectations when doing that. I mean: to bypass, to shunt the middleman (medium, guru, dogma). Everybody can do it.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-06-2022, 07:59 PM
Administrator
When a medium makes contact with someone who has passed over
there are ways to converse with them ,
some do it through symbols signs etc.
Some hear telepathically others hear voices out loud.
It depends on the mediums ability when I see spirit I see them in solid form. when I hear them I hear it vocally.

Namaste
Old 05-06-2022, 06:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto
If a medium is sat with a sitter, and giving evidence that only the deceased and sitter could know, could the medium be receiving that information telepathically from the sitter's sub-conscious?
There may be three possibilities:
  1. The medium may be receiving that information telepathically from the sitter's sub-conscious.
  2. The deceased may be present and the medium is in genuine contact and can pass on that information.
  3. There may be a mischievous entity present pretending to be the deceased who picks up the information from the sitter's sub-conscious and passes it on to the medium.
Mediumship is obviously a genuine ability but that does not mean that all communications via a medium are genuine.

Peace
Old 05-06-2022, 07:15 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
There may be three possibilities:
  1. There may be a mischievous entity present pretending to be the deceased who picks up the information from the sitter's sub-conscious and passes it on to the medium.

I never had considered this before. This opens up another few quesstion, and though I probably already know the answers, I'll ask anyway.

Could we ever tell the difference between a mischievous entity and our deceased loved ones' spirits?

Do our loved ones even exist in spirit? (or put another way, does human consciousness survive physical death?)
Old 05-06-2022, 07:24 PM
Administrator
The mediums job is to give validation to the sitter that who they are connecting with is actually the person they want to hear from.
When the body dies it stays here but the soul carries on.

Namaste
Old 05-06-2022, 07:32 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
The mediums job is to give validation to the sitter that who they are connecting with is actually the person they want to hear from.
When the body dies it stays here but the soul carries on.

Namaste

How does a medium know it is actually the person the sitter wishes to hear from, and not a mischievous entity? Is there a way of confirming it? I would love to understand this more.
Old 05-06-2022, 07:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Could we ever tell the difference between a mischievous entity and our deceased loved ones' spirits?
I am not a medium so I am not qualified to answer. Perhaps if the medium were to receive information known only to the deceased but which later turns out to be true then that would indicate that the deceased person was present.

By all accounts there are entities floating around who may be attracted to a medium. Maybe they are bored, maybe they want some energy, maybe they just want to cause mischief. Some mediums are open to any passing entity, which is rather like leaving your front door open and allowing any passer-by to enter your house. Some caution is advisable.

Quote:
Do our loved ones even exist in spirit? (or put another way, does human consciousness survive physical death?)
Having read countless books on the subject, to me it is evident that consciousness is not restricted to the human body and continues after physical death. But I will not know for sure until my own physical body dies.

Peace
Old 05-06-2022, 10:38 PM
Administrator
I am a medium what iamthat has said is correct.
plus our guides only let through those that need to pass on a message,

Namaste