Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-07-2021, 10:01 PM
Pathfinder
Hi everybody,
Life and death belong together, it's an eternal dance, to evolve hand in hand.
Like a theater piece, from the moment you're born, you're on stage, playing your role, doing your best, without knowing you were sent there to do a job.
After your role is done, you disappear, get off the stage, look back upon how you did, discuss with fellow actors and review with higher placed individuals.
Then again, you're send off to play another part, the right part for your evolution, taking in consideration your karmic situation and all.
Basically the functioning very roughly put, seems to be like this, until you reach a higher level that brings new responsibilities.
I don't recommend to anybody to bet that death is some final destination where everything ends, it's a new beginning, a continuation of your existence as a soul, preparing in most cases your next life.
Good luck to you all.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:35 PM
Knower
That's such a positive way to look at it Oscar :) Although death is obviously a sensitive subject, a cause of grief and trauma for most of us. I can appreciate the idea that death isn't the opposite of life. Rather, death is the other side of birth: life is the interplay of birth & death. The foetus dies at the same time as the baby is born. The mustard seed dies when it germinates and sprouts into a plant.

I was taken aback by Jim Newman's characteristically blunt statement "This is death already." We don't live or have a life, rather life has us as a kind of temporary limited identity.

Best wishes everyone.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:09 PM
madalina_diana

Today crossed street 2 steps. Person dropped his glasses in the middle of road. At distance a bus was anouncing that needs to come quick behind one that was stationing. What a pity.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:48 PM
Pathfinder

If truely everything is energy (which I think most of us can agree that is the case) which includes the mind, body, and spirit, then we must take the first law of thermodynamics into consideration:

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; energy can only be transferred or changed from one form to another.

I come to the conclusion that others have that when we die, it's simply our soul (which means 'breath' in most languages) leaves the physical body, and makes it's way to the spiritual/astral plane. This is where we stay, among other spirits (good, evil, and otherwise) until we so choose to go back to the physical plane.

We never truly die, only ascend from one plane to another.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madalina_diana
Today crossed street 2 steps. Person dropped his glasses in the middle of road. At distance a bus was anouncing that needs to come quick behind one that was stationing. What a pity.
I'm sorry I could not make out the meaning of this...maybe there's a lack of pronouns....dunno what stationing means, either.
What is a pity?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-07-2021, 07:35 PM
madalina_diana

Me, I was knowing how it feels to "not to die". Regarding the title of the thread. As if whom dropped glasses died but didn't suffer emotionally myself when you are told not to and to be careful in a tragic accident. Not affected.
Old 20-02-2022, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dworkin
What do you think about the idea that there is no death, as in, a deprivation chamber where we somehow exist in some kind of limbo where nothing exists, except our dread that we are dead and cognition that there is nothing?

Your thoughts here are very insightful.

IF there is no afterlife, we may very well never exist again. Existence would essentially be pointless. We have a finite life, which after, we cease to exist and NEVER exist again. No memory, no conscious, no nothing. Did us existing really even matter if it's inevitable that eventually, we will never remember it ever again?

Your claim of matter organizing the same way again by no means would indicate we would have consciousness again. You can create clones, nearly identical replicas. However, they have a completely separate conscious. In time, we will have the technology to create exact replicas of matter, like in Star Trek. However, the notion of a "teleportation" device is a bit terrifying! I mean for all we know, since it would take "us" into pieces, and replicate "us" somewhere else, if this works like cloning, yes, our clone they re-replicate would know our memories, thoughts, etc., but it would NOT be us!!! So, the "us" we know now would no longer exist! Our consciousness as it is now would cease, and the *new* consciousness who remembers who we were (and would genuinely think it was them) would be a completely new entity, just one that seems identical to us. EVERY time we would teleport, and "us" that was created would again immediately cease to exist, and a new "us" with a completely different consciousness could be created. Imagine that!

To know for sure that wasn't happening would take us understanding consciousness and life in a way we don't yet.
Old 22-05-2022, 07:11 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
There is no death just a continuation of life your body may be broken but your soul is not
Exactly.

Our vehicle/body no longer can contain our soul/lifeforce. All that happens then is we no longer play the physical game we call life. We go back to our original state of being. That being pure spirit/soul not contained in a physical body. Until the next reincarnation.

Finding the truth comes from two sources. The ones you find yourself and the ones you're willing to accept told by others.
Old 22-05-2022, 10:20 PM
Master
Physicality says we pass and that's the end of our story, I don't believe in a unseen spiritual world at all cept in my imagination.

utopiandreamchild
Old 23-05-2022, 04:36 AM
Seeker

I agree there's no death. We just leave the physical body behind and move on.
I like the way Stuart Wilde said it some years back..."you'll never be more alive then the moment after your body has breathed it's last breath".