Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 24-08-2016, 05:12 PM
Experiencer

Do you remember past lives where you were bad?

If so, is it a linear progression, as in one lifetime you were bad/evil, the next lifetime you were a little less bad/evil, and after a few lifetimes you're a lightworker? Is that how it works, or is it a random thing like one lifetime you could be at a certain level of advancement, next lifetime you could be a completely different level that doesn't depend on where you were at spiritually when you died?
Old 25-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Master
I have one past life where I was a mobster boss.

As for having a progression of lives from bad to good or vice versa that hasn't happened to me. My lives were a jumble of bad and good but mostly good.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 26-08-2016, 05:53 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse
If so, is it a linear progression, as in one lifetime you were bad/evil, the next lifetime you were a little less bad/evil, and after a few lifetimes you're a lightworker? Is that how it works, or is it a random thing like one lifetime you could be at a certain level of advancement, next lifetime you could be a completely different level that doesn't depend on where you were at spiritually when you died?

No there is no linear progression, time does not exist beyond the physical, our higher self, inner self, what ever you want to call it is experiencing through us, and there are more personalities living out experiences all happening at the same time, it's not about advancement but just experience
Old 26-08-2016, 11:29 PM
Newbie ;)

I have memories of being a serial killer and being executed via the guillotine. I honestly don't remember any of my other lives, so I can't answer your other question, unfortunately. =[
Old 27-08-2016, 10:39 PM
Deactivated Account
I recall a lifetime where I was a killer, so yes I do.
Old 28-08-2016, 08:04 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer76
it's not about advancement but just experience
How do you know this?
Old 29-08-2016, 12:43 AM
Experiencer

if you have memories of a previous life then obviously they wil have an impact on any decision you make in this life. there will be a continuity! even if your memories are a jumble now in this lifetime.
understand now..and try and undo it all in this lifetime....this is where you are now, a great opportunity to work on all that.
Old 29-08-2016, 01:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse
Most (over-)souls are timeless beings. They are also quite capable of concurrently incarnating in many beings. Time for such beings only applies to their incarnations, not themselves. As such your they can act in any way they wish in regards to 'time'.

Note that he Hindu version of incarnation (not what I believe) is a series of lifetimes where each is dependent on the previous. If you do 'well' then you get to incarnate into a higher lifeform next time. Do poorly, you will regress to a lesser lifeform in the next life. Higher and lower are measured roughly.

Though many that incarnate as humans seem to do so a number of times, MOST lifetimes are not as humans.

[advanced] (Over-)Souls though outside of time do 'change' (ref: becoming an Old Soul). As they gain experience from living lifetimes, they gain the learning/understandings from those experiences. This means that they have the option of living lives in a different manner. Often they choose a more 'challenging' manner of incarnation but they also can choose to relive a certain kind of lifetime with the benefit of their experience.
Old 29-08-2016, 03:32 AM
Deactivated Account
"If so, is it a linear progression, as in one lifetime you were bad/evil, the next lifetime you were a little less bad/evil, and after a few lifetimes you're a lightworker? Is that how it works, or is it a random thing like one lifetime you could be at a certain level of advancement, next lifetime you could be a completely different level that doesn't depend on where you were at spiritually when you died?"

I don't see how it would make sense for it to be a linear progression. If you were bad in ome lifetime, and this is just my opinion, then you were bad in one lifetime. Perhaps you hadn't been bad in others. Perhaps you have. I believe in Karma in the Hindu sense. It is all a matter of advancement. Just being "bad" doesn't mean per se you're less along than someone who is "good". It's all a matter of lessons being learned and understanding and working out past life karma. Understand however there is current life karma and karma from your past whether that is distant from a past life or simply a few years, months, days ago.

I was a killer in my past life. Before that I was a soldier. Before that a royal. But now I'm working out the karma from all my past lives as well as this current one. I also learned many lessons from all lifetimes beforehand. I find the one where I was "bad" had some of the most valuable lessons one could learn.
Old 29-08-2016, 01:19 PM
Master

Your time-line is a little short. It's not one bad lifetime, and then it gets progressively better. It's many bad lifetimes. Many, many. We have incarnated thousands of times.

And then we may miss a lesson here or there and have to go back to strengthen the weak spot in our experiences. But according to what I have learned, we do all of this willingly.

And the next lifetime may not be the next step in our spiritual evolution. We may concentrate on an abandonment issue in one lifetime and a jealousy issue in the next (and have to repeat each lesson via a new lifetime until we get it right).

Lastly, there are no rules. We don't (each of us) follow the same pattern. Our evolution can seem random from down here but once on the "other side" we can see the connection between each lifetime.