Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I personally am fully supportive of women holding the same positions as men in Christian churches. However, there are many who do not support this position, including but not limited to the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church. An Evangelical pastor recently criticized the presence of women preachers in Southern Baptist Christian churches by saying that it is in conflict with the Bible. (See article below.

sadly when we don't agree with the bible, we tend to ignore Jehovah ,(Exo. 6:3) words. first people don't seem to understand, there's NOTHING wrong with women being "prophets of God." look at the MANY faithful women of old ,(1). Miriam -Moses sister ,(2). Deborah ,(3). Huldah ,(4). Anna the Prophetess ,(5). Phoebe- who was called by Paul a "Deacon" of the "Church" ,there were more. people often compare the word "CHURCH" as the place of worship, it NOT!

it's the Congregating of people especially in a Spiritual way. NONE of these women ever prophesied in the Temple, (their place of worship). but they are blessed to speak concerning Jehovah God words to anyone and anywhere else ,(Psa. 68:11 You gave the command, and a chorus of women told what had happened). but we are NOT suppose to be leaders ,(especially Spiritual), over men. first because Jehovah God and Jesus placed man head of women, (1Cor. 11:3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God). NOT in a way (as MANY wants to believe), to dominate or control. but to be the leader, protector, etc.

also it WASN'T Adam who was fooled by satan, but eve ,(1Tim. 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression). We as “Christians”, need to accept Jehovah God words. He clearly explain why he said those words. When we argue against his words, we're falling right into satan's sneaky tricks. And a “Christians” should KNOW ALL of satan's tricks ,(2Cor. 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices). We must be careful NOT to be blinded by satan from Jehovah God and Jesus words ,(2Cor. 4:4). peace
Old 04-11-2019, 04:22 PM
Master
[quote=jojo50]sadly when we don't agree with the bible, we tend to ignore Jehovah ,(Exo. 6:3) words. first people don't seem to understand, there's NOTHING wrong with women being "prophets of God." look at the MANY faithful women of old ,(1). Miriam -Moses sister ,(2). Deborah ,(3). Huldah ,(4). Anna the Prophetess ,(5). Phoebe- who was called by Paul a "Deacon" of the "Church" ,there were more. people often compare the word "CHURCH" as the place of worship, it NOT!

it's the Congregating of people especially in a Spiritual way. NONE of these women ever prophesied in the Temple, (their place of worship). but they are blessed to speak concerning Jehovah God words to anyone and anywhere else ,(Psa. 68:11 You gave the command, and a chorus of women told what had happened). but we are NOT suppose to be leaders ,(especially Spiritual), over men. first because Jehovah God and Jesus placed man head of women, (1Cor. 11:3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God). NOT in a way (as MANY wants to believe), to dominate or control. but to be the leader, protector, etc.

also it WASN'T Adam who was fooled by satan, but eve ,(1Tim. 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression). We as “Christians”, need to accept Jehovah God words. He clearly explain why he said those words. When we argue against his words, we're falling right into satan's sneaky tricks. And a “Christians” should KNOW ALL of satan's tricks ,(2Cor. 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices). We must be careful NOT to be blinded by satan from Jehovah God and Jesus words ,(2Cor. 4:4). peace[/QUOTE

Yes you are correct it was supposed to have been Eve who was fooled by Satan not Adam but I think he influenced her so she would get the blame
Old 05-11-2019, 08:11 AM
Master
I don't have a problem with women preaching or pastoring, it doesn't bother me none. And I don't think it bothers God.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
THE PROBLEM IS........
֍ how we go about making such changes. ֎

People who attack various religions claiming their members are terrible people and
that the early religion's Fathers were despicable people starts into play a defensive envelope.

Nothing of any good can come about with these attacks.

But then....... if people want a religion to change, they might want to look at the religion and look at such expressions from their religion's Fathers that can be used. For example, Paul was the most liberal of the 13 living Apostles. Those who oppose Christianity claim he was the most conservative. Instead of creating a greater divide among Christians and those who oppose Christianity, It might be advantageous to Christian opposers to look at Paul and note his progressive beliefs that pulled what would be Christianity out of Judaism. He started the changes. He did cling to some Jewish beliefs which probably was done so as to not lose the core: the original Jews who were at first the primary believers.In time, if Paul was still alive, those believes would also change.

In some ways, Paul could be considered progressive as in his preaching to the Gentiles while, at other times, he is very conservative.

You stated that "He did cling to some Jewish beliefs which probably was done so as to not lose the core: the original Jews who were at first the primary believers." Hence, there is an obvious agenda which you just pointed out.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
I don't have a problem with women preaching or pastoring, it doesn't bother me none. And I don't think it bothers God.

While I obviously can't speak for God, it is also my sense that women preaching or pastoring does not bother God. It bothers MEN.

Old 05-11-2019, 12:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
How would you feel if some people only dwell on only your
'problematic aspects'

but once they come to really know you.................?

I wouldn't mind at all since that would give me the opportunity to focus on what needs the most attention.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:52 PM
Master
Quote:
While I obviously can't speak for God, it is also my sense that women preaching or pastoring does not bother God. It bothers MEN.

Well it might bother God because in Genesis he told Eve ' Your desires shall be for your Husband and he shall rule over you '
Old 05-11-2019, 12:57 PM
Master
Quote:
I wouldn't mind at all since that would give me the opportunity to focus on what needs the most attention.

Yes but ' Problematic to some could be ' Endearing ' to others
Old 06-11-2019, 01:12 AM
Master

Quote:
In some ways, Paul could be considered progressive as in his preaching to the Gentiles while, at other times, he is very conservative.

You stated that "He did cling to some Jewish beliefs which probably was done so as to not lose the core: the original Jews who were at first the primary believers." Hence, there is an obvious agenda which you just pointed out.

This is a nice narrative but it doesn't make a lot of sense
We see Jesus in the gospels being kind to women and giving them prominent roles, then Paul restricting them, then being told the original Jewish Christians were more conservative - why would they, if they had you know, been influenced by Jesus! It makes no sense

Its simpler to just think Paul was doing some 'Judaising' himself by actually introducing these things, not to appeal to the original Christians but to those with more socially conformist attitudes like himself that he was preaching to.
Any times Paul seems less restrictive is when he is reflecting the original Christianity of Jesus
The portrayal of the apostles as being very conformist is something suggested in the new testament but only based on a few passages
Old 06-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Well it might bother God because in Genesis he told Eve ' Your desires shall be for your Husband and he shall rule over you '

The cultural and personal stuff somehow manages to creep into the scriptures presented "on behalf of God".

It's no longer surprising .... except to fundamentalists who "just believe" and neither think for themselves nor have any connection whatsoever with the higher power inherent in all in the form of the Holy Spirit (Christian terminology since this is a Christian thread).