Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 06:20 AM
Master

Ooh it's a new person! Welcome ponygirl! :) (PS your username reminds me of a celebrity makeup artist I admire)

I was sooooo lost when I first started tarot, having to look up card definitions every single time for a very long time! It gets easier as you get along - just see it as a marathon rather than a sprint, ie buckle in for the longest lesson of your life (but it can be fun, too)

Feedback for ponygirl

HAHAHA! I'm chuckling at your cards, I think I know exactly what they mean.

I've recently been working on a string of soul-destroying research papers. My current one is epic and I've had to re-jig my game plan several times. If you can picture it as an Amazing Trail Race, it's like I was meant to go to China but somehow made my way to Mexico instead... I'm (finally) on the right track now, although with a lot to go, and in my head I'm all "THANK JESUS! I'M ON THE RIGHT CONTINENT THIS TIME!" (so I feel like I'm looking at the sunrise after a very long trek in the dark)

However this has still required me to work stupid long antisocial hours at my desk (The Devil), and do a heck of strategising (King of Swords). I call this guy "Solutions Guy" - in terms of characterising the person he represents, to me it is usually someone who can come up with all the answers, no matter how complex. It's usually a good card to indicate clarity of thought and action to bring things to a successful outcome, or someone who deals with lots of verbal/written communication (I can barely see my bedroom floor right now because it's covered in small piles of paper, so that could apply here too). As a 'Mastery' card it can also indicate that a lot of mental activity is going on - eg guys who are working very hard in hope of getting promoted.

Reading for ponygirl

With no question specified, I've gone for a general reading (we usually try to tag these at the end for ease of finding ).

Fountain Tarot

"tell me something about ponygirl"

Hmm, this one is a bit layered. Let me know if I'm off!

At face value, my cards are telling me right now that you're chilling out (Hanged Man). There's a vibe here of patiently waiting for new things to come.

Underneath this is a tad more turbulent - there's a bit of wistfully looking over your shoulder (Knight of Cups rev), possibly at things that have moved on or ended, and potentially a vibe of turning away from things - or cutting ties to something - that leaves you feeling a bit cut off, a bit lonesome, a bit empty (Page of Swords rev, 5 of Coins).

For advice, the cards suggest shifting your perspective to see your current situation as one of great growth (Ace of Coins). Rather than feeling down about what you don't have, look at the potential in your current situation! It's amazing. I would suggest taking a couple of moments every day to really think about the positive an amazing things you can do from this point onwards. Small things that you start now are seeds that can grow into great things later :)

Next reading for tealily.
General read, tell me anything :)

This thread is newbie-friendly! :)
Old 06-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Master

^ updated feedback for ponygirl - looks like I'll finish this assignment today after all! Yay! The going has been easier than expected. (The Sun?)
Old 06-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Guide

tealily --Thank You so much for the warm welcome!! I do appreciate the help reading my cards for you esp. King of Swords. And yes, the Devil is in the details! So glad you're finishing up current assignment!

Feedback for tealily

I'm honored you did a general reading for me. Very spot on, and gives me plenty to ponder... It's true I've been hanging out with the Hanged Man recently.
I've made it through what I hope was the most disturbing, turbulent decade of my life. Feeling loss and emptiness sums it up.
Your advice is encouraging! My new situation is not bad at all... I just need to practice making the most of it. Thanks again! :))
Old 06-09-2015, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
Next reading for tealily. [/b]General read, tell me anything :)

This thread is newbie-friendly! :)

Reading for tealily:

General reading about your upcoming week

Llewellyn deck:

Death reversed, Knight of Cups, 4 of Wands reversed.

Hmmm. This is an interesting one. My immediate thought was that you're going to hear from someone from your past but things aren't going to go that well.

I pulled three cards for Death reversed, to try and steer me in the right direction and got The World reversed, 4 of Pentacles and 4 of Cups.

So - back to the beginning. Death reversed (the World reversed, 4 of Pentacles and 4 of Cups). I'm thinking something that ended badly involving someone who is a workaholic, or someone who valued his work over a relationship, or there's some unfinished business with someone who had some control issues, that left you feeling somewhat dejected and depressed.

Okay. So now it gets even more complicated.

I then pulled three cards for the Knight of Cups, to see what that was all about - 7 of Cups reversed, Queen of Pentacles and 7 of Wands reversed.

I'm wondering if the Knight of Cups is someone from your past who had the opportunity to have a relationship with you, but let it fall through because they were either caught off guard with the whole situation, or couldn't deal with the conflict it may have brought, or maybe you turned down this person for the same sort of reasons - in any case, it looks like there may be contact with this person again, which either gets turned down, or just doesn't pan out and it is decided to leave things as they were. Perhaps you viewed something with this person as being too unrealistic and which involved too much conflict.

Oh hell, why not go the whole hog. So for the 4 of Wands reversed, I pulled the Chariot reversed, King of Wands and the Hermit.

So why is the 4 of Wands reversed? Well, it looks like there's conflicting direction - I don't know if you are now both in different locations and there is a problem with a travel aspect, or you are now both just heading in different directions figuratively.

Having looked over this again with the 4 of Wands reversed - I'm wondering if it's possibly something to do with family?

Bloody hell, that was really difficult. I apologise if I'm totally way off, but I thought I'd give it a stab.

Next reading for Pandora: My new online uni course starts today - Forensic Science and Human Identification. Will I do okay in the course?
Old 07-09-2015, 02:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
- something that ended badly involving someone who is a workaholic
- someone who valued his work over a relationship
- someone who had some control issues
- left you feeling somewhat dejected and depressed.
- someone from your past who had the opportunity to have a relationship with you, but let it fall through because they were either caught off guard with the whole situation, or couldn't deal with the conflict it may have brought
- now both in different locations and there is a problem with a travel aspect, - or you are now both just heading in different directions figuratively.

Oh s***. That's my first love to a tee, with the most recent ex being a close second. The different locations bit helped identify them. It would be very unexpected for me to hear from either but I'll let you know if anything changes.

Quote:
there may be contact with this person again, which either gets turned down, or just doesn't pan out and it is decided to leave things as they were. Perhaps you viewed something with this person as being too unrealistic and which involved too much conflict.

Correct. If there's a phone call or text, there will definitely be a lot of hesitation in picking up/responding, because even just thinking about the possibility of them calling breaks me out in a cold sweat :/ I probably would though, although all my friends would be silently screaming to let it be because both of them have caused enough damage.

Not a rainbows and sunshine read, but a heck of a lot of accuracy! Well done Pandora!

Next reading for tealily. Now that I'm a bit freaked out, please tell me about something I can look forward to this week?
Old 07-09-2015, 07:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.

Next reading for Pandora: My new online uni course starts today - Forensic Science and Human Identification. Will I do okay in the course?
OH MY GOD I missed this amongst all the text. I'm so sorry!!!

Hmm, this is interesting.

"Will Pandora be ok in her new Forensic Science and Human Identification degree?"
Fountain Tarot

King of Swords thinks you will - your mind is clear and most importantly, you are committed to this course already, so no question about dedication to your studies.

As a challenge, I get this guy - King of Cups rev. He seems to be looking at the previous card and pouting slightly, almost as if he's jealous he's not getting the attention. He sort of wants you to focus more on him than your studies. Not sure if this refers to a person or I'm just personifying.

For advice - Temperance rev - be wary of rushing. Things may happen more slowly than you want/expect. Be patient - and in particular, don't expect understanding to always come to you right away. Sometimes these things have to boil over in our heads a few times (and be heard from several different people) before things click :)

Likely outcome: 8 of Cups. "Coming back". Not sure what this means exactly but there's a feeling of returning to something you left behind earlier.

Lots of water imagery in these cards... emotionally charged?

-----
Since I missed this earlier and feel terrible about it, please have another reading on me.

"What can Pandora do to be successful in her studies?"
Fountain Tarot again

Have you been worried that you might be pressed for time/attention in terms of completing this degree?

2 of Wands here suggests that you might be juggling more than you can really carry. If you want to do this new degree well, you might have to let go off something in order to better consolidate your energies rather than splitting focus.

The challenge - actually letting go and saying goodbye of this other project/thing/whatever! 4 of Wands rev. This is my 'graduation party' card.

Advice: Four of Cups rev. Is time. I see this card and think of someone waiting in the wings for a performance - they've just been called, and it's time to go on. All of nothing time. This is a card that says if you want to hit this thing well, you need to be able to move forward with no hesitation, holding nothing back. This isn't to say drop eeevvveerrryyything outside of study, but you may need to rejig things so that a) you figure out how much time you need for study and make time for this in your week, and b) that your study hours are high quality when you're in "ON" mode.

Likely outcome: 5 of Coins rev. Being less split will make you feel more secure :)

Hope that helps!

Next reading for tealily. Please tell me about something I can look forward to this week?
Old 07-09-2015, 08:11 AM
Master
Quote:
OH MY GOD I missed this amongst all the text. I'm so sorry!!!

Hmm, this is interesting.

"Will Pandora be ok in her new Forensic Science and Human Identification degree?"
Fountain Tarot

King of Swords thinks you will - your mind is clear and most importantly, you are committed to this course already, so no question about dedication to your studies.

As a challenge, I get this guy - King of Cups rev. He seems to be looking at the previous card and pouting slightly, almost as if he's jealous he's not getting the attention. He sort of wants you to focus more on him than your studies. Not sure if this refers to a person or I'm just personifying.

For advice - Temperance rev - be wary of rushing. Things may happen more slowly than you want/expect. Be patient - and in particular, don't expect understanding to always come to you right away. Sometimes these things have to boil over in our heads a few times (and be heard from several different people) before things click :)

Likely outcome: 8 of Cups. "Coming back". Not sure what this means exactly but there's a feeling of returning to something you left behind earlier.

Lots of water imagery in these cards... emotionally charged?

-----
Since I missed this earlier and feel terrible about it, please have another reading on me.

"What can Pandora do to be successful in her studies?"
Fountain Tarot again

Have you been worried that you might be pressed for time/attention in terms of completing this degree?

2 of Wands here suggests that you might be juggling more than you can really carry. If you want to do this new degree well, you might have to let go off something in order to better consolidate your energies rather than splitting focus.

The challenge - actually letting go and saying goodbye of this other project/thing/whatever! 4 of Wands rev. This is my 'graduation party' card.

Advice: Four of Cups rev. Is time. I see this card and think of someone waiting in the wings for a performance - they've just been called, and it's time to go on. All of nothing time. This is a card that says if you want to hit this thing well, you need to be able to move forward with no hesitation, holding nothing back. This isn't to say drop eeevvveerrryyything outside of study, but you may need to rejig things so that a) you figure out how much time you need for study and make time for this in your week, and b) that your study hours are high quality when you're in "ON" mode.

Likely outcome: 5 of Coins rev. Being less split will make you feel more secure :)

Hope that helps!

Next reading for tealily. Please tell me about something I can look forward to this week?

Feedback for tealily:

Awesome, thanks tealily. Lots of great advice there. I'm pretty excited, but also apprehensive about the course - most especially juggling my time. (I heard this morning I can expect a big workload later this week - although I'm waiting to hear from a barrister to confirm it will go ahead, so I'm a bit worried about being able to fit everything in).

I suspect the King of Cups reversed may be my partner - although he's supportive at this stage, he may get "pouty" if he feels I'm spending too much time on everything else.

Could you explain the 4 of Wands reversed and 5 of coins reversed - I didn't understand those. Do you think that means I may not get through it?

A few downer cards - I'll have to try and organise myself well - not being a spring chicken, I'm a bit out of practice when it comes to structured study.

Thanks tealily - and thanks for the doubler. You didn't have to do that, but it's much appreciated.

I think I'll print this reading out and keep it on the fridge to help me stay focused!

Next reading for tealily
Old 07-09-2015, 08:24 AM
Master

The 4 of wands reversed is a 'leaving' card - in the "Challenge" position, it indicates that waving goodbye to stuff will be the tricky part for you As far as 'leaving' cards go though, this one is still pretty nice - it suggests that you won't need to cut ties with the people you're moving away from, just not working as closely with them anymore.

5 of Coins reversed, with respect to studying and in a 'predictive' position, kinds of suggests to me that the art of juggling both work and study (oh man, so many feels. This scenario is MY LIFE) may take soooo much out of you that you may feel empty on the inside. Once you lessen the demands on your time though, things feel lighter and easier (because you're not trying to do two full-time loads at once ). It's a classic card for "ah, it's so nice to get out of the cold and feel warm again!" :)

Next reading for tealily
Old 07-09-2015, 08:42 AM
Master
Quote:
The 4 of wands reversed is a 'leaving' card - in the "Challenge" position, it indicates that waving goodbye to stuff will be the tricky part for you As far as 'leaving' cards go though, this one is still pretty nice - it suggests that you won't need to cut ties with the people you're moving away from, just not working as closely with them anymore.

5 of Coins reversed, with respect to studying and in a 'predictive' position, kinds of suggests to me that the art of juggling both work and study (oh man, so many feels. This scenario is MY LIFE) may take soooo much out of you that you may feel empty on the inside. Once you lessen the demands on your time though, things feel lighter and easier (because you're not trying to do two full-time loads at once ). It's a classic card for "ah, it's so nice to get out of the cold and feel warm again!" :)

Next reading for tealily

Aha! I get you now. Thanks again tealily.

Next reading for tealily
Old 07-09-2015, 10:28 AM
55Degrees

Reading for tealily
Please tell me about something I can look forward to this week

10 of Swords, Justice Rx, 8 of Wands Rx, advice card, 4 of Cups

I'm using Justice Rx as the core message so there seems as though this week is one to throw caution to the wind. It's a week where pressure is off to keep everything balanced and doing what is deemed 'right'. I know you mentioned you have just finished an assignment and the 10 of swords seems to be showing that and end, or more likely a brief reprieve, from your studying is what this week is about. Instead use this week to take your time and conserve your energy, plan a project (or even make a study plan for your next assignment) but don't use all your energy focussing on it, take things slowly.
Your advice card is saying it may just be a week for slobbing out, ignore any drama going on around you and focus on yourself. Don't feel you have to accept any offers to go anywhere or do anything with friends or family, take this week as a time to just chill.

Next reading for Pisces Moon. Just a general reading
Closed Thread