Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 07-04-2011, 11:27 PM
spirit72

Color If someone just walked up to you and...

If a stranger just walked up to you, and gave you a big hug, a really meaningful hug, that left you feeling energised and really happy... would it bother you that you did not know them...?

I followed a lady up the street just before Christmas, I loved her boots, so I stopped her and asked were she got them, because I loved them... we got chatting I talked to her for an hour, she had just lost her Husband, she had come to UK from Poland in the war, she told me all about her family yet she looked so lost, I gave her two really big hugs, and a medium reading in the high street, we cried together, and she looked 10 years younger after, and I felt the same, lovely lady... now I hug everyone I can LOL ... something changes when you let someone be at one with you, can not explain it, I will never forget that Lady, she gave me a new perspective to how warm a cuddle can be.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit72
If a stranger just walked up to you, and gave you a big hug, a really meaningful hug, that left you feeling energised and really happy... would it bother you that you did not know them...?

I'd check for the whereabouts of my wallet.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:32 PM
moondreamer

What a lovely experience. It wasn't just the hug, though, that did it...it was that wonderful connection you had with her, even if only for that short period of time. :) Not that I'm against hugs...LOL...the more the better.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:40 PM
spirit72

Yes but is this why people shun each other these days and leave you for dead... would it not be better to put a little (((HUG))) back in the world, and lets face it, if your wallet had gone missing they obviously needed it way more than you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
I'd check for the whereabouts of my wallet.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Master
No matter how much we think we love others we must still realize that we live in a world of weirdo's, so of course at first you would wonder what the hell is going on, then just take it from there.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Master
I have to admit - I would be weirded out in a HUGE way if a random stranger hugged me out of the blue. And I would never do that to someone I didn't know EVER.

A person can be compassionate and show care and consideration without having to be pressed up against me. That is reserved for my family and people I love.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:51 AM
münchen444

That is a really lovely experience you’ve shared here, spirit72.

I have problems with being hugged or touched, in general. I have been this way as long as I can recall and only one or two people in my life have ever felt “natural“ to be hugged by. I think it stems from neglect in childhood as I have seen similar responses in other neglected children when they are adults. Being touched compassionately (like a hug) is just so foreign to me that I don’t know how to respond when someone does and, thus, it makes me very uncomfortable.

Of course, your situation was different, spirit72, and it sounded like you both had a nice connection and the hug was natural for you both.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit72

I followed a lady up the street just before Christmas, I loved her boots, so I stopped her and asked were she got them, because I loved them... we got chatting I talked to her for an hour, she had just lost her Husband, she had come to UK from Poland in the war, she told me all about her family yet she looked so lost, I gave her two really big hugs, and a medium reading in the high street, we cried together, and she looked 10 years younger after, and I felt the same, lovely lady... now I hug everyone I can LOL ... something changes when you let someone be at one with you, can not explain it, I will never forget that Lady, she gave me a new perspective to how warm a cuddle can be.

hehe...interaction of recognition of two earth angels
Old 08-04-2011, 02:56 AM
Master
Oh I would love it if a stranger came up and gave me a meaningful true hug, nothing wrong with it.
Spiritlite.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:46 AM
Master
What a lovely experiance Spirit76! The 2 of you really connected, you weren't strangers at all. I have trust issues, not to mention OCD and have panic attacks - I do not like people to touch me I panic when people envade my space. Plus I did not grow up in a family that hugged each other freely or showed much love in any way. I am better at virtual hugs ...... Lol

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne