Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 12-05-2015, 05:19 PM
Master
Why does the paranormal unravel many?

Most members of my family of original have experienced a good amount of paranormal activity in their houses. I wouldn't say we as a group are any more sensitive and aware of the spirit world than anyone else. I do however have a different take on paranormal activity than the rest of my family. I recently had a big family gathering and everyone tried to outdo each others stories of 'strange happenings'. They got quite animated about it and talked about how strange these events were and scary. Some acted like they were being perceived as crazy and got defensive talking about things they've experienced. I got kinda of tired of the whole 'shock factor' and chimed in that the spirit world has many levels and some exist right along side of us as we live in this physical plane. After everyone left I told my spouse that if everyone just accepted the spirit world for what it is, the sensationalizing would end. In my mind I know what I've experienced and I was never harmed, so why all the fear and disbelief?
Old 12-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Knower

I think that partially we are trained from birth to focus entirely on the alert, problem solving state of mind and discount anything out of the norm. From childhood creativity is pounded out of us, their even starting to eliminate art and writing classes as a whole. Kids younger than I, and Im 19, give up their dreams and dedicate their lives to succeeding in a flawed educational system in order to maybe obtain a job one day that they never wanted in the first place.

My point in bringing this up is that when you have a life long programming of that nature, then the nuance becomes improbable. I can't tell you how many people say that all the people who claim to have seen UFO's, or Bigfoot, or Nessie are all crazy, lying, or were drugged or drunk at the time. For the Nessie example, you can even ask whether they have been to that side of the planet or not and they'll say no. Well then how can you justify discounting consistent sightings of a creature for over 1500 years?? Even when it happens to them they have all kinds of barriers and psychic defense mechanisms which do nothing but discount what they're seeing right before their eyes. I lived in a haunted house for a while and even my atheistic mainstream science brained friend Connor insists he saw a figure in there that by all logical accounts shouldn't have been there. Yet he continues to discount the possibility of a spirit realm. My point here is that, when it comes to disbelief, we are all programmed to not believe in it and are lucky or unlucky enough to experience the weird and the profound in our lives. It is our responsiblity to break the programming and humble ourselves to the idea that we don't know everything.
Now, even I, someone who can see auras and elementals and sprits in some form or another, often fear them because I don't know what they are. This is something I must get over one day, its my responsibility. Its all about beating the programming. To conclude with this portion, how often do you see a friendly ghost story on TV or on ghost hunter shows? They're all spooky and demonic and event the elementals are evil and inhuman and to be feared. Movies too, ghost movies rarely present a pleasant image of the spirit world, often they come to rip us apart and devour our souls. So when it happens in life how are we supposed to react?
Old 12-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsiahHolmes123
I think that partially we are trained from birth to focus entirely on the alert, problem solving state of mind and discount anything out of the norm. From childhood creativity is pounded out of us, their even starting to eliminate art and writing classes as a whole. Kids younger than I, and Im 19, give up their dreams and dedicate their lives to succeeding in a flawed educational system in order to maybe obtain a job one day that they never wanted in the first place.

My point in bringing this up is that when you have a life long programming of that nature, then the nuance becomes improbable. I can't tell you how many people say that all the people who claim to have seen UFO's, or Bigfoot, or Nessie are all crazy, lying, or were drugged or drunk at the time. For the Nessie example, you can even ask whether they have been to that side of the planet or not and they'll say no. Well then how can you justify discounting consistent sightings of a creature for over 1500 years?? Even when it happens to them they have all kinds of barriers and psychic defense mechanisms which do nothing but discount what they're seeing right before their eyes. I lived in a haunted house for a while and even my atheistic mainstream science brained friend Connor insists he saw a figure in there that by all logical accounts shouldn't have been there. Yet he continues to discount the possibility of a spirit realm. My point here is that, when it comes to disbelief, we are all programmed to not believe in it and are lucky or unlucky enough to experience the weird and the profound in our lives. It is our responsiblity to break the programming and humble ourselves to the idea that we don't know everything.
Now, even I, someone who can see auras and elementals and sprits in some form or another, often fear them because I don't know what they are. This is something I must get over one day, its my responsibility. Its all about beating the programming. To conclude with this portion, how often do you see a friendly ghost story on TV or on ghost hunter shows? They're all spooky and demonic and event the elementals are evil and inhuman and to be feared. Movies too, ghost movies rarely present a pleasant image of the spirit world, often they come to rip us apart and devour our souls. So when it happens in life how are we supposed to react?

IsiahHolmes123 - You presented so many valid points! It does start with the deconditioning of the creative mind. I am an artist and am appalled that schools are eliminating both art and writing. Why learning how to write, cursive or not, is not as important as math or expressing our inner innate creativity can be dismissed as frivolous I find appalling. It is no wonder that more and more people just don't think outside of the box and that includes the spiritual realm.

It is too often the case that when the paranormal gets in the media or movies, the 'evil' is always presented just, again, by those that are conditioned to not think outside of the box.

I had a friend that heard the footsteps upstairs when visiting, when no one was up there, write it off as something strange, but probably explainable if they really cared. My explanation fell on deaf ears. I don't concern myself too much with the disbelievers, but those that do believe. I guess my point of starting this thread is just that it always baffles me when people act shocked to experience something that indicates we are not here alone.

I very much appreciate all you've presented in your post. It gives me food for thought. Thanks IsiahHolmes123!
Old 09-06-2015, 06:25 AM
Master
hi

yea i no wot u mean spooky thns happen dont thy

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 11-06-2015, 06:27 AM
Master
hi

i thng i mite of cort 1 or 2 in sea
i dnt no if bean a nut kase or not
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan15.jpg (64.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg scan56.jpg (53.2 KB, 4 views)

Old 11-06-2015, 08:46 AM
Master
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
i thns ths cud be anr spoopk as wekkk welll
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan65.jpg (107.3 KB, 5 views)

Old 11-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Master
hi

Quote:
i thns ths cud be anr spoopk as wekkk welll

thy wear tooook in mid sea

Old 11-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Master

I think a lot of this started with books and movies . Scarry stuff sells books and movies . A movie on grand maw that comes back just to watch some kids grow up not wll not sell too many tickets , or get too many to rent it at red box .
Old 11-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Master
hi

Quote:

1st pic loook sum kind of king in sea

Old 11-06-2015, 01:59 PM
Master