Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-03-2019, 06:58 AM
Knower

Spiritual Development and Evolution

Hello people
How do you think we arrived at this point here as Homo Sapiens humans? What is it that makes most sense to you?

Do you think it was by Evolution, by accident without a God creating us (Natural selection through trial and error adaptability and development of the brain over million of years) (Humans arriving at this point by evolution from common ancestor with apes then Hominini like Homo Erectus and then Homo Sapiens Humans?)

Does this alter spirituality in the sense that there is no need for a spirit/soul since the brain does everything?

If it was by Evolutionism, do you also think that the Hominini had spirit/consciousness/afterlife? I read on other posts that pre-Homo Sapiens had 2nd density consciousness. Is that like animal consciousness? How did we evolve into 3rd level (density) consciousness?

What exactly is different from 2nd level consciousness to 3rd level consciousness? How was the spirit/consciousness/afterlife of Hominini or ancient cave people different from modern Homo Sapiens Humans?

PS: I don't doubt evolution in the sense of different human races regarding adaptability.

Last edited by EdmundJohnstone : 10-03-2019 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
Hello people
How do you think we arrived at this point here as Homo Sapiens humans? What is it that makes most sense to you?

Do you think it was by Evolution, by accident without a God creating us (Natural selection through trial and error adaptability over million of years) (Humans arriving at this point by evolution from common ancestor with apes then Hominini like Homo Erectus and then Homo Sapiens Humans?)

If it was by Evolutionism, do you also think that the Hominini had spirit/consciousness/afterlife? I read on other posts that pre-Homo Sapiens had 2nd density consciousness. Is that like animal consciousness? How did we evolve into 3rd level consciousness?

What exactly is different from 2nd level consciousness to 3rd level consciousness? How was the spirit/consciousness/afterlife of Hominini or ancient cave people different from modern Homo Sapiens Humans?

PS: I don't doubt evolution in the sense of different human races regarding adaptability.

' How do you think we arrived at this point here as Homo Sapiens humans? What is it that makes most sense to you? '

Cause and effect.... Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello people

Hi,

My understanding is that ETs (mostly Pleadian) modified our DNA from 24 pairs of chromozones to 23. We still have a 24th pair however they are currently undetectable.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 10-03-2019, 08:48 AM
ant

Hi John,

Funny you mention 23 and 24.

23 being a prominent number after meeting a so-called 'twin' 6mnths after my awakening 4yrs ago.

We met on the 23rd and her number added up to 23.

A few weeks ago,i had a complete 360 shift in mindset.

Things have been transpiring,but yesterday i met two healers in unsual circumstances.

The night before,i had an older women come forth,not in a dream,but sat next to me,the first i've encountered.

The next day,i had changed routine,i took my dog for a walk and coming back to the car,there was an older women parked directly behind my car.

To cut a long story short,we got to talking and she is a healer though traumatized,so she blocks out the spiritual.

She gave up work 24yrs ago,her son died at 24 and she has a an adopted child who is 24.

After my visitation the night before by the older women,i woke in the early hours and felt compelled to drink a bottle of milk.

So the next day,i had to restock and visit the only shop in town that stocks milk.

I got to talking with the shop owner and turns out shes a pranic healer and her son is 24.

Funny isn't it?

What's transpiring and what you've wrote,i think there's some substance but with a grain of salt.

I also have and see a dna strand in my left eye mostly,combined with my third eye and mostly it has remained the same shape.

But on a few occasions it has changed shape.

There is some substance on what you've wrote.

Easily though to misconstrue and misjudge the signs all the same.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:10 AM
ant

Ps.Btw,i don't believe in Pleadian's and or for that matter anything.

I've read everything and i take it all on board,but until truth transpires,it ain't.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:13 AM
ant

Btw Edmund,

You put forth some thought provoking questions.

I'll pass on this:

The Egg

By: Andy Weir

You were on your way home when you died.

It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.

And that’s when you met me.

“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”

“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.

“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”

“Yup,” I said.

“I… I died?”

“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.

You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”

“More or less,” I said.

“Are you god?” You asked.

“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”

“My kids… my wife,” you said.

“What about them?”

“Will they be all right?”

“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”

You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.

“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”

“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”

“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”

“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”

“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”

You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”

“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”

“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”

“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”

I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.

“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”

“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”

“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”

“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”

“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”

“Where you come from?” You said.

“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”

“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”

“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”

“So what’s the point of it all?”

“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”

“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.

I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”

“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”

“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”

“Just me? What about everyone else?”

“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”

You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”

“All you. Different incarnations of you.”

“Wait. I’m everyone!?”

“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.

“I’m every human being who ever lived?”

“Or who will ever live, yes.”

“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”

“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.

“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.

“And you’re the millions he killed.”

“I’m Jesus?”

“And you’re everyone who followed him.”

You fell silent.

“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”

You thought for a long time.

“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”

“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”

“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”

“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”

“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”

“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”

And I sent you on your way.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:23 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Hello people

Do you think it was by Evolution, by accident without a God creating us (Natural selection through trial and error adaptability and development of the brain over million of years) (Humans arriving at this point by evolution from common ancestor with apes then Hominini like Homo Erectus and then Homo Sapiens Humans?)

Does this alter spirituality in the sense that there is no need for a spirit/soul since the brain does everything?

If it was by Evolutionism, do you also think that the Hominini had spirit/consciousness/afterlife? I read on other posts that pre-Homo Sapiens had 2nd density consciousness. Is that like animal consciousness? How did we evolve into 3rd level (density) consciousness?

Believe it or not, one of the main driving forces behind Spirituality is your subconscious mind's survival instincts and the Limbic System in the brain -the so-called Lizard Brain. You don't make many decisions, they're made in the subconscious by a 'committee' of aspects of yourself and then - the times seem to vary - 200ms later you become conscious of it. So yes, the brain does everything, and the brain can still function effectively while the mind or consciousness has shut itself down - which is also a survival technique. In many ways Spirituality is a survival technique because it can help people come to terms with the traumas of everyday Life, or provide a safe haven for.... So while we're discussing evolution it's probably worth looking at the whole picture and not just the one we want to see.

The consciousness is epi-phenomenal, which means it takes no interactive role in it's own development - it just sits there and 'watches'. All the hard work is done by the brain.mind, conscious/subconscious mechanisms. Oh, and don't forget DNA here because that can determine of you're Spiritual or not regardless of any conscious choice you might make.

Oh, and don't forget the God gene.

Nobody knows what consciousness is, the only thing that numerous studies across a wide range of disciplines have in common is that they're not quite sure what it is they're discussing. So the people who wrote the posts about the levels of consciousness???? How qualified and expert are they really? If you're going to begin something like this it's best to start with something other than opinion as clinical expertise. And today we're not conscious that we still have animal subconscious.

What's also interesting is that Jung says we have a collective unconsciousness and some of there avatars of that which manifest today. The apes who came down from the trees were very ill-equipped to deal with survival on the ground and especially at night, their little squinty eyes were no match for lions and tigers and bear, oh my. Hence we don't like the dark too much, and we like the light very much. It also explains the motif of light beings across so many diverse cultures that appear as angels.

Nobody knows for sure how or when Spirituality began or how it evolved in our predecessors and theories abound. It might well have been the Stoned Ape who chewed on some mushrooms, enjoyed the experience so much he kept taking them until neuro-plasticity kicked in and here we are today. It's been said that one day a grateful caveman was out one day surveying hie environment and wondered where his wife, his cave and the food he hunted came from - and so God was born.

Talking of cavemen, they practised the Law of Attraction. In some caves archaeologists found that the area around drawings of bison and the like had been chipped, what they thought happened was that the cavemen would chip the wall with their spears as a hunting ritual. Another common practice was that the remains of family members were buried near the home, and after a time the heads were dug up and taken into the home. That's not actually too far away from a thread on the AfterLife, not really.

It was thought that religion was formed around the same time as communities were forming, because people didn't have to spend so much time on survival there was more time to talk of other things. Can't help but wonder if that has changed so little after all. All that changed with the discovery of Gobekli Tepe, that was built by hunter-gatherers and it's considered to be a religious site.

Many of the major religions across time and geography have the very same theme, that of advanced people who came to give the indigenous population civilisation. The Sumerians were probably the first although cave drawings suggest they'd had contact with astronauts. Many of the Gods were actual beings who interacted with the early humans - Thoth/Hermes being one of the most famous. Creation myths are also popular, beginning with the Annunaki but also in the Mayan Popul Vuh and quite a few others. Again there's a very common theme, which seems to hint at DNA changing. We actually share quite a lot of DNA from quite a number of the animal kingdom, but keep that hushed. Apparently 495 cultures across time and geography talk of the Shining Ones, advanced beings who also civilised the locals. The 'Devi' part of Shiva comes from the Sanskrit 'div', meaning 'shining'.

It's been said that if you don't know where you've come from you don't know where you're going, so where does that put Spiritual development and evolution? Do we actually know what we're talking about here? If anything we're certainly more in-depth and elaborate, but for the large part that's as much due to the evolution of language. Having the increased ability to communicate abstract concepts more effectively means we have more to say and the ability to say it more elaborately.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:55 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Believe it or not, one of the main driving forces behind Spirituality is your subconscious mind's survival instincts and the Limbic System in the brain -the so-called Lizard Brain. You don't make many decisions, they're made in the subconscious by a 'committee' of aspects of yourself and then - the times seem to vary - 200ms later you become conscious of it. So yes, the brain does everything, and the brain can still function effectively while the mind or consciousness has shut itself down - which is also a survival technique. In many ways Spirituality is a survival technique because it can help people come to terms with the traumas of everyday Life, or provide a safe haven for.... So while we're discussing evolution it's probably worth looking at the whole picture and not just the one we want to see.

The consciousness is epi-phenomenal, which means it takes no interactive role in it's own development - it just sits there and 'watches'. All the hard work is done by the brain.mind, conscious/subconscious mechanisms. Oh, and don't forget DNA here because that can determine of you're Spiritual or not regardless of any conscious choice you might make.

Oh, and don't forget the God gene.

Nobody knows what consciousness is, the only thing that numerous studies across a wide range of disciplines have in common is that they're not quite sure what it is they're discussing. So the people who wrote the posts about the levels of consciousness???? How qualified and expert are they really? If you're going to begin something like this it's best to start with something other than opinion as clinical expertise. And today we're not conscious that we still have animal subconscious.

What's also interesting is that Jung says we have a collective unconsciousness and some of there avatars of that which manifest today. The apes who came down from the trees were very ill-equipped to deal with survival on the ground and especially at night, their little squinty eyes were no match for lions and tigers and bear, oh my. Hence we don't like the dark too much, and we like the light very much. It also explains the motif of light beings across so many diverse cultures that appear as angels.

Nobody knows for sure how or when Spirituality began or how it evolved in our predecessors and theories abound. It might well have been the Stoned Ape who chewed on some mushrooms, enjoyed the experience so much he kept taking them until neuro-plasticity kicked in and here we are today. It's been said that one day a grateful caveman was out one day surveying hie environment and wondered where his wife, his cave and the food he hunted came from - and so God was born.

Talking of cavemen, they practised the Law of Attraction. In some caves archaeologists found that the area around drawings of bison and the like had been chipped, what they thought happened was that the cavemen would chip the wall with their spears as a hunting ritual. Another common practice was that the remains of family members were buried near the home, and after a time the heads were dug up and taken into the home. That's not actually too far away from a thread on the AfterLife, not really.

It was thought that religion was formed around the same time as communities were forming, because people didn't have to spend so much time on survival there was more time to talk of other things. Can't help but wonder if that has changed so little after all. All that changed with the discovery of Gobekli Tepe, that was built by hunter-gatherers and it's considered to be a religious site.

Many of the major religions across time and geography have the very same theme, that of advanced people who came to give the indigenous population civilisation. The Sumerians were probably the first although cave drawings suggest they'd had contact with astronauts. Many of the Gods were actual beings who interacted with the early humans - Thoth/Hermes being one of the most famous. Creation myths are also popular, beginning with the Annunaki but also in the Mayan Popul Vuh and quite a few others. Again there's a very common theme, which seems to hint at DNA changing. We actually share quite a lot of DNA from quite a number of the animal kingdom, but keep that hushed. Apparently 495 cultures across time and geography talk of the Shining Ones, advanced beings who also civilised the locals. The 'Devi' part of Shiva comes from the Sanskrit 'div', meaning 'shining'.

It's been said that if you don't know where you've come from you don't know where you're going, so where does that put Spiritual development and evolution? Do we actually know what we're talking about here? If anything we're certainly more in-depth and elaborate, but for the large part that's as much due to the evolution of language. Having the increased ability to communicate abstract concepts more effectively means we have more to say and the ability to say it more elaborately.

Interesting. Cheers ! Does this put Evolution and Spiritual Development in a speculation box?

Can we say that the brain is just like a radio receiver, and that the mind is the signal going into the receiver (The mind using the brain as a software uses a computer)? That the mind including thinking and self memories still live after the brain dies? This would explain Alzheimer's disease in the way that the receiver (radio) alters, but the signal is not to be blamed....

I think most of the people don't have memories and being self aware prior to 3-4 years of age. If I would ask them why? They would tell that the brain was still growing and developing

Still, the brain plays an important part, for example most of the kids behave childish and all they want is to play and don't care of anything else like their bodies, because the brain is still growing and developing, then when they transition into teens their still developing brain along with hormones make them experiment/do a lot of weird things, then again when they reach adulthood their behaviour and personality changes again....

So the point is that the brain (Prefrontal Cortex) also affects/alters the mind in the way that a childish joyful kid would transition into a sad or weird teenager or the opposite of what he or she used to be as a kid....Not to speak of adulthood....

Last edited by EdmundJohnstone : 10-03-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:06 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Interesting. Cheers ! Does this put Evolution and Spiritual Development in a speculation box?

Can we say that the brain is just like a radio receiver, and that the mind is the signal going into the receiver (The mind using the brain as a software uses a computer)? That the mind including thinking and self memories still live after the brain dies? This would explain Alzheimer's disease in the way that the receiver (radio) alters, but the signal is not to be blamed....

I think most of the people don't have memories and being self aware prior to 3-4 years of age. If I would ask them why? They would tell that the brain was still growing and developing

Still, the brain plays an important part, for example most of the kids behave childish and all they want is to play and don't care of anything else like their bodies, because the brain is still growing and developing, then when they transition into teens their still developing brain along with hormones make them experiment/do a lot of weird things, then again when they reach adulthood their behaviour and personality changes again....

So the point is that the brain (Prefrontal Cortex) also affects/alters the mind in the way that a childish joyful kid would transition into a sad or weird teenager or the opposite of what he or she used to be as a kid....Not to speak of adulthood....
We're still not sure what's really meant by 'evolution' because there are genetic anomalies that have cropped up in humans that scientists have yet to explain - things such as eyes, the Caucasian gene and RH-Negative blood for instance. At the same time though, there's the DNA we share with other animals and things like the appendix being a vestigial tail. Not to mention what science may yet uncover. There's also the question of how what's sometimes considered as the worst beginnings of an evolutionary line became us. There's still a Mature versus Nurture debate going on.

As for Spiritual evolution, does anybody really know what that means?

The brain is a first-stage processor while the mind is a second-stage processor, but there are both input and output signals. It was thought that memories die with and are stored in the brain and that's been clinically proven. My wife has a stroke which caused some of the blood supply to her brain to be cut off, and she's lost huge tracts of her memory. At the same time though, there's evidence to show that they're stored somewhere else. We also have genetic memory so you have the memory of when your grandparents first met.

The human brain doesn't really fully develop until it's about 25 years old, and of course growing up and hormones play their parts too.

If you look at the DNA, the part of the DNA strand looks as though it's been grafted on, and some say this gives creedence to the Annunaki, Plaiedians and whoever else having changed our DNA. Without that part of the brain we wouldn't be Spiritual, we'd still be swinging through the trees.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Knower

Quote:
We're still not sure what's really meant by 'evolution' because there are genetic anomalies that have cropped up in humans that scientists have yet to explain - things such as eyes, the Caucasian gene and RH-Negative blood for instance. At the same time though, there's the DNA we share with other animals and things like the appendix being a vestigial tail. Not to mention what science may yet uncover. There's also the question of how what's sometimes considered as the worst beginnings of an evolutionary line became us. There's still a Mature versus Nurture debate going on.

As for Spiritual evolution, does anybody really know what that means?

The brain is a first-stage processor while the mind is a second-stage processor, but there are both input and output signals. It was thought that memories die with and are stored in the brain and that's been clinically proven. My wife has a stroke which caused some of the blood supply to her brain to be cut off, and she's lost huge tracts of her memory. At the same time though, there's evidence to show that they're stored somewhere else.

The human brain doesn't really fully develop until it's about 25 years old, and of course growing up and hormones play their parts too.

If you look at the DNA, the part of the DNA strand looks as though it's been grafted on, and some say this gives creedence to the Annunaki, Plaiedians and whoever else having changed our DNA. Without that part of the brain we wouldn't be Spiritual, we'd still be swinging through the trees.

Quote:
We also have genetic memory so you have the memory of when your grandparents first met.
Cool !

So, we as spirits/consciousness use the brain as a tool, right?
Is the brain the tool of the mind? The mind using the brain as a hardware as the spirit uses the body as a physical vessel? Like the brain dies but the mind/spirit does not, right?

Are the memories stored just in the brain? Because I thought reincarnation explained that the spirit/consciousness/mind has attached memories to it as well, or how spirit transmits information through mediums regarding when they were alive. When Chris Nielsen died in "What Dreams May Come" he still had memories of his lifetime after death. This puzzled me, sorry.