Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 04-08-2022, 04:21 PM
Rameses

Post Shakyamuni Buddha and Compassion.

Shakyamuni Buddha and Compassion.

Hi All,

Shakyamuni Buddha story - if he just existed - shows that he abandoned his own wife and son.

The questions would be :

If we admit that the Buddha wasn’t compassionate with his own family by abandoning them :
Is it necessary to an awaken to be coherent with one own’s teachings ?
Is this concept of compassion reachable before awakening ?
Has a buddhist in the Mahayana path got the necessity of worshipping this concept of compassion when the creator of Buddhism did not even apply it before awakening ?
And,
Does a seeker in the Path of awakening to his dharmakaya isn’t misguided by concepts of compassion falsely applied before awakening ?

Best regards,
R.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameses
Shakyamuni Buddha and Compassion.
Shakyamuni Buddha story - if he just existed - shows that he abandoned his own wife and son.
If we admit that the Buddha wasn’t compassionate with his own family
In Buddhism, compassion is the wish for others to be free from suffering and the causes of suffering.

So The Buddha was 'Compassionate '.
He left ( but did not abandon them ) to pursue His search for 'All' Sentient Beings to be free from suffering, not just His own Family.....

" If a man who enjoys a lesser happiness beholds a greater one, let him leave aside the lesser to gain the greater. "
The Buddha.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:40 PM
Rameses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
In Buddhism, compassion is the wish for others to be free from suffering and the causes of suffering.
So The Buddha was 'Compassionate '.
He left ( but did not abandon them ) to persue His search for 'All' Sentient Beings to be free from suffering, not just His own Family.....

" If a man who enjoys a lesser happiness beholds a greater one, let him leave aside the lesser to gain the greater. "
The Buddha.
Is viewing others as alien from ourselves not the root of ignorance ?

Is compassion not realizing that there is No others, and that this believe in separation is what we may call the ego trick then Avidya-ignorance ?

Is compassion a wish ??
Or is it more a spontaneous identification with the entire Universe and creatures, a state of consciousness, rooted in the recognition of our true nature, then as we take care naturally to our body-universe, taking care to others ?

Is not suffering caused by willing, wanting, seeking, what some call processes of mind, then wishing to stop suffering a seed of suffering also ?

We may imagine whatever we want ; the fact is that the story of the Buddha told us his own child was without a father during years if not a decade.
And that his wife was kept alone to educate his child.
We’ll have difficulties to consider a child without a father during those important years of teenager being an act of compassion.
The fact are that his own wife and child suffered from this ‘leaving’, with the cowardice of an abandonment without goodbye.

" If a man who enjoys a lesser happiness beholds a greater one, let him leave aside the lesser to gain the greater. The Buddha

We are not talking about happiness, but about Duty, here the mere compassion to our loved ones - even not being attached - before thinking of all of humanity :
A father has to take care of his own child and wife.
That the Alpha and Omega of practicing compassion.

Stories about a search for an end to the suffering of all beings are only interpretations.
Did his wife and son suffer from this abandonment ?
You will have a hard time convincing me otherwise.

Best regards,
R.

Last edited by Rameses : 04-08-2022 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Stories about a search for an end to the suffering of all beings are only interpretations.
As are the stories that The Buddha abandoned His Family
Old 04-08-2022, 06:00 PM
I certainly hope you are not planning on tearing down Jesus to Christians in ''Christianity'' like you are doing here
with Buddha.

Since you are new here, I would encourage you to read the Forum Rules under FAQ ---we are different than some other Forums..before this might turn into a debate.
We don't do that here - we discuss...letting you know in advance.
Also, might as well tell you ...the Admin has asked when we quote others to keep it down to 2-3 sentences ...you can
ref to the Post # if that helps.
Ok, continue...:)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-08-2022, 06:31 AM
Master
Did his wife and son suffer from this abandonment ?
You will have a hard time convincing me otherwise.

Best regards,
R.

The search to find what your process within seeks can take you far and wide.

The ‘calling’ to move beyond life as life is, is not only a part of your individuality but for the whole as one. New creations can be understood through deeper discernment of all life together and when I read your words, I see that your own judgment and belief stifle that idea.

Death takes away, growth takes away, letting go takes away..

Death rebuilds life differently, growth rebuilds life differently. Letting go opens all life differently.

Life can be viewed the same way..
Sometimes our choices affect the whole as growth for all, the fallout in each one, necessary to their growth. Time for their growth they might otherwise stay stuck in.

Positive, welcome growth that might otherwise not be shared equally if we do not heed the call.

Sometimes the mind decides things are not positive because they are still attached in some way themselves.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:45 AM
Rameses

Post The incoherent compassion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
The search to find what your process within seeks can take you far and wide.
....The ‘calling’....I read your words, I see that your own judgment and belief stifle that idea...Death....growth....letting go takes away....our choices affect the whole as growth for all....welcome growth....Sometimes the mind decides things are not positive....

I'm not sure if you are on the level of the problematic that's raised in this Thread.

I would first keep praising you for your acumen in judging the supposed judgments that would inhabit me. As well as the supposed beliefs with which you endow me and which I do not perceive despite the best will of your servant.

All the remarks that you detail run through me in the same way that they embody you.
And it is not unpleasant to read you when that resonates with numerous ideas that accompany me.

Yes, the process, the quest you are telling, makes perfect sense.
Research, call, new creations, death, growth, letting go, choice, etc., I answer yes and a thousand times yes.

It's common to see spiritual masters abandoning family and children when the call of the divine consumes even the duties towards our loved ones.

That is not the question.

I am talking here about a master advocating a concept that he did not apply in his path of awakening, and who would subsequently come to propose a methodology inconsistent with his own biography.
It's the arms salesman who would have made a fortune, and who'd come to me against the dangerousness of arms.
Something rings false.

When the Mahayana Master Nan Huai-chin tells me that "He who is only interested in himself, who is a perfect egoist without harming others is able to pacify the world", that "Listen well to this : the way of Buddhism is to seek one's salvation and self-interest first," my translation, in his book "如何修佛法, Ruhe xiuzheng fofa", I say he understood the biography of the Buddha.
And a reasonable path.

Last edited by Rameses : 06-08-2022 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:56 AM
Rameses

Post Symbols, story telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
As are the stories that The Buddha abandoned His Family

Well, we may at least consider those stories as useful allegories.
Old 06-08-2022, 07:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Well, we may at least consider those stories as useful allegories.
If you personally find them useful, then you should consider them
Old 06-08-2022, 08:55 AM
Master
Quote:
When the Mahayana Master Nan Huai-chin tells me that "He who is only interested in himself, who is a perfect egoist without harming others is able to pacify the world", that "Listen well to this : the way of Buddhism is to seek one's salvation and self-interest first," my translation, in his book "如何修佛法, Ruhe xiuzheng fofa", I say he understood the biography of the Buddha.
And a reasonable path.
Perhaps his insights came before his realisation became his experience.

Perhaps he trusted the illumination of those insights, to spread that methodology
Before full realisation as himself.

How many people preach the word but are clueless to the direct experience from within? The way is many..

And that accounts for the way we receive and understand, realize and master something.

The conflict your seeing may not be seen in its entirety because the entirety was not seen..

I trust my intuitive knowings as my lead into experience.

Perhaps in the foundation or methodology he believed in the method before believing in his mastery of it?

I don’t know, I’m just curiously looking.

The moment the Buddha purified the sleeping monsters in his unconscious, he attained enlightenment- Saurab