Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-10-2022, 12:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
We can’t change anyone, we can only change ourselves.
Completely agree.
Old 01-11-2022, 05:26 PM
Guide

Wise words Kris and I am trying to do that. I am also working on respecting other people's way of being in the world which in some cases are totally different from mine - not more spiritual or less or any such labels - just different. Not grasping onto a particular belief system takes some awareness on my part, but the freedom is a relief.
Old 01-11-2022, 07:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
I am also working on respecting other people's way of being in the world which in some cases are totally different from mine
I think we can make peace with the world around us if we accept it as it is. The world would not be an interesting place if everyone in it was a clone of mine. As for belief systems, we don't need any!
Old 02-11-2022, 01:53 AM
Master
Quote:
I know my thoughts, beliefs and emotions aren't me. I know they are passing energy forms and I don't need to attach to any of them. I feel like I'm trying to cling to something and there's nothing

A practice in ~ I forget Tantra or Buddhism, suggests we negate nothing but simply look at it in wonderment and astonishment. The thought shouldn’t have appeared in our awareness but yet it did, so we are astonished. This way there is no ownership assigned to the thought form, be it fear or desire or any other. Actually, it seems you’re already doing something similar, witnessing. But don’t get affected adversely by what arises, is what I’d say. Release, release, release.
Old 15-11-2022, 06:34 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
If I may please give my advice it would be to first of all check to see if you are really on the autism spectrum. If so it can help you further ahead to decode how neurodivergent people may work that today seem wrong to you.

My husband is on the autism spectrum, finding that out when he was an adult. As well as it was important for him to de code me (being neurodivergent) I too needed to de code him. We are closer now because of it and I can tell as he now de codes others he is more relaxed now. I think this will help you a lot with what you describe that you don't feel you belong, that your world view don't fit how you see others view it and so on.

he is so much happier today than he was before. I would recommend finding that out and taking this step by step, you'll be fine.

There's tests for free you can take online.

about spiritual philosophy I agree it can be tough. I named myself asearcher because I grew up without religion and have not been sure where I belong, if my own personal experiences fit in somewhere. Recently I have began researching on buddhism and so far it suits me fine. I think one has to try different ways to see what resonates with you.

Best of luck :)

I've always wondered if I might be slightly autistic. According to this test they say "you have a strong likelihood of Asperger syndrome or autism." I used your suggestion "autism spectrum" as a search phrase and came up with several tests to choose from.
Old 15-11-2022, 10:30 PM
Administrator
Before giving yourself a label of being Autistic etc.
please see your doctor they can give you a proper Diagnosis

Namaste
Old 18-11-2022, 08:25 PM
Knower

I never said I was autistic. I would never trust an online test.
Old 20-11-2022, 12:27 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Before giving yourself a label of being Autistic etc.
please see your doctor they can give you a proper Diagnosis

I do agree that one shouldn't self-diagnose, but there's also something to be said for the fact it can be VERY hard to get diagnosed as an adult depending on area etc. Doctors are rarely qualified to do it and will send you to a psychiatrist who may or may not have a good understanding of autism in adults as the manifestation can be very different to autism in children. I'm a member of an autism group on Facebook and many people there are self-diagnosed on the basis of a strong family history and having so many traits in common with other members. Many are seeking a diagnosis but in this country at least it's not always an easy feat.
Old 19-12-2022, 02:10 PM
Newbie ;)

Dear Hemera,
For your spiritual path it does not matter what religion you belong to. You are a human being and a divine soul and you can choose whatever you want.

First of all think of what is what you really want? What makes you happy? Write it down. And when you get what you are and what you want, then you will find the best system or religion that suits you the best.

I wish you all the best.
Old 29-12-2022, 03:38 AM
Master

Quote:
I feel like I can't settle to any belief system in particular, or even one way of living my life.

I feel so worn out and exhausted. I know I'm going wrong somewhere by this endless pursuit of wanting/needing to find an approach that I completely resonate with. There are so many....but nothing feels just right.

that is by design; you aren't supposed to be able to settle out indefinitely. Whatever you choose is going to have a downside that will make you eventually unsettled with it; you are remembering previous choices you made and what was unsettling about them and understanding that what you seek isn't there.... At least that has been my experience...