Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 18-08-2022, 11:10 AM
Master
Tipping scale boredom - contentment

Can someone explain to me how to tip the scale from boredom to contentment?

I used to be so good at it! I knew there was sarcasm involved. Like going from pessimism to boredom. And a sense of total surrender to the boredom. Or to the meaningless or irrelevance of it. And blending with it and becoming totally at one with the mundaneness of it.

And then somehow someway there was suppose to be coming contentment out of that. By simply accepting it and enjoying it for what it is. But how do I tip that scale? For some reason, this tiny little shift from boredom to contentment, feels big. I dont remember it being a "monumental shift".

Infact, the gap between boredom and content seems like a huge rift to me at the moment, which it never was in the past as far as I remember. How come it changed for me? Now if I think about contentment, I just see shapes and hear sounds "contentment", meaningless, like gibberish. No substance to it. No feeling whatsoever capable of being generared by me.

Even saying this I feel like I am complaining. And I am trying to BE OK with even not being able to reach contentment. Like almost, enjoying not being able to reach contentment. Like being fascinated by it. Enjoying it for what it is. Almost like watching a movie, as if it is simply an enjoyable experience "I can't reach contentment. Mmmh, fascinating, wonderful. It's right in front of me, but I can't reach it."

Hahahaha, I am so close to it! What is wrong with me?! My emotions are blocked?

It feels like I am stepping under the shower, and the water of contentment is literally flowing around me. Even trying to touch it, the water flows around my hand also, without even making any contact at all. I am so weird! I have like this invisible anti contentment or anti positivity suit on me.
Old 18-08-2022, 07:55 PM
Master

Much of our life is maintenance, the repetition of mundane actions to fulfil the requirements of physical existence.

Boredom is a state of dissatisfaction with the mundane repetition of life. We want something or someone to excite us, to inject our lives with energy and inspiration. There is a sense of something missing in our life.

Contentment is a state of satisfaction, even if life is mundane and repetitious. We don't need anyone or anything to add to what we already have. Nothing is missing in our life.

Boredom arises when we look outwards for our fulfilment. Contentment arises when we look inwards and realise we are already fulfilled. That fulfilment comes from knowing that conscious awareness is whole and complete, and nothing more needs to be added to it.

Just one perspective.

Peace
Old 19-08-2022, 03:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Much of our...
... Peace
Oh my god, thank you. You literally just restored my memory.

Now I don't know if it is you that made me know or.... How do you know all of these things? Are you a spiritual student? Are we all one. Are you enlightenment? Are you God? Did I manifest you?
Old 19-08-2022, 03:46 AM
Master
I REMEMBER NOW! I ASKED FOR MYSELF AND GOD.

I asked for a direct relationship with God. An undeniable direct relationship.

Has that always been or is it just happening now because I asked for it for so long and I am now allowing it in some way? Or both?

I remember being warned about this outside relationship with God. And now I see why. Because external is filled with so much suffering. And I wanted a relationship with God outside is because I still thought that God could make it good. But because I thought God is good. What I really wanted is to experience God. But without entering that experience.

I think I finally see the flaw in my name. If I go within, for God, there is still a before and after finding. Once permanent Bliss is attained, or realised, to always have been. The illusion is realised to never have been and becomes denied. Literally cast out into hell. And during that eternal height of bliss a new desire is realised and it becomes the one that is cast into hell aswell. Because no one will believe it. It will say, but I thought and I believed and I thought I would transcend and that I could, transcend all things, even the best of them.

Fooled by the duality game of creation. Even outside of duality, the restpit explodes into great chaos eventually.
Old 19-08-2022, 03:47 AM
Master
You explained the scale beautifully by the way, thanks.
Old 19-08-2022, 06:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
I am so weird! I have like this invisible anti contentment or anti positivity suit on me.

Best to be positive imo, this will go hand in hand with the feeling of contentment and satisfaction with your circumstances.

The lack of love in your life should be obvious, enhance those areas with the application of love/positivity, you can't get a positive outcome from negative application.

It does take time and effort to make noticeable changes but the most important thing is to commit to it wholeheartedly and don't look back

utopiandreamchild
Old 19-08-2022, 06:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Oh my god, thank you. You literally just restored my memory. ...
Glad if my comments helped to jog your memory.

As for your other comments, I simply respond as I feel moved to. Maybe I have spent long enough in this physical body to gain a certain perspective on life, a perspective which was sadly lacking in my younger years. We are all learning.

Peace
Old 19-08-2022, 07:00 PM
Master

Quote:
I asked for a direct relationship with God. An undeniable direct relationship. Has that always been or is it just happening now because I asked for it for so long and I am now allowing it in some way? Or both?
Maybe it is both. Our relationship with the Divine is always present but we have to go through whatever we go through to reach the stage where we are ready to turn our attention away from the external towards that which is eternal.

I do believe that all these things happen with perfect timing.

Peace
Old 20-08-2022, 12:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Best...
utopiandreamchild
I don't, have all the answers, but if I turn around 180 degrees and look back, I am still looking forward. If I think about the past, I am still thinking about in a "forward moving" way from the present. It isn't that I'm going forward necesserily, depending on definitions, but in some sense if one believes that time exists, then we are always moving forward, even if we literally go forward in time by building a time machine and going to the past, in a forward way.
However, I think that maybe you ment that we "cannot go back", not in the sense of being forbidden, but that there is no such thing as "going back" in the sense that evolution might be an absolute, just the idea that the positive is the only thing that can exist, as it is existence itself.
But this is just too complex to talk about in words, except maybe some words which may approach it, like Uniqueness, which, maybe, that word, could, potentially, transcend time.
I just call it the unchanging, timeless, eternal Uniqueness of existence. I can only theorise that it contains, potentially, from my point of view, the answer as to what time/change actually is. However, if all negatives don't exist, then that implies that the illusion, even if it were to cause suffering, would still also be a positive, that has yet to be realised and or may even already be a positive even in the not realisation of it or exactly because of it, and that's when definitions fall away and I cannot explain anything in words anymore. Maybe I dont have to.
Even to say that these subjects are dangerous to talk about, and realising that that "fear" is an illusion and misunderstanding that yet, as long as it is misunderstood, can cause harm. Then how can we say that it is still good? Being positive is infinite, just like existence is positive. But this kind of positive does not have a likeness to it, or counterpoint. Non existence doesn't exist. That al going back and forth is actually a motion forward. Like the idea that only all the positive definitions are the only thing that can exist.

But I feel that maybe these things are not appropriate in conversation. Not because they are bad, but for a reason that is just impossible for me to explain.

Last edited by Ewwerrin : 20-08-2022 at 01:04 AM.
Old 20-08-2022, 12:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Glad if...
... Peace
I am also still learning about the subject of time, or what it actually is, or what it might be.