Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 17-07-2022, 07:10 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Holy crab. I think I just realised that thoughts are also manifestations.
This is a good exercise illustrating your "Holy crab" moment.

Who is the Witness of the Mind? | Swami Sarvapriyananda https://youtu.be/XRmeL7UqE_g?list=PL...F2rGcUqIb4O F

From the perspective of Vedanta, Yoga, etc... body is a gross object and mind & thoughts are subtle objects. All things and not intrinsically you. Ego/Ahamkara is just a bundle of thoughts...
Old 17-07-2022, 07:38 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Hi, thank you, this is important. My question to you is: How to recognize indicators of having achieved no thought? Can you describe before during and after cross over? And how focus is used.
There a parable about a man digging a well. He digs five or six feet down and doesn't find water, so he moves to a different location and digs a similar hole with the same result. He just keeps repeating this pattern, never finding water because the water table is ten feet down.

The moral of the story is pick a path and practices, have trust in them and engage them just for their own sake. No expectations. What will come will come. Expectations are thoughts and chasing them pulls one further away from what is being sought.

No thought is fairly common for short amounts of time. Think flow state. Hitting an 80+ MPH fastball is flow. An effortless swing with the driver where it barely feels like you swing or hit the ball but it takes off cutting right down the center of the green. If you're thinking about hitting the ball in either case it'll be ugly. LOL!

To me when either meditating or even not meditating but simply paying attention it's like absolute serenity. There's a neuroscientist out of University of Wisconsin, Madison and he's wired up Buddhist monks with tens of thousands of hours meditating and he equates it to an EEG patter called gamma synchrony which is 40 Hz or greater and synchronized across widespread regions of the brain. He uses the analogy of an absolutely still lake.
Old 17-07-2022, 07:40 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
People give different meanings to the same words. It depends what you call "consciousness". Is it awareness? Is it the fabric of reality? Is it a dimension? Is it an attribute? Some may be considered dual, others may not.
Reality itself. The Face and not the mirror or its reflection.
Old 17-07-2022, 09:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
There a parable...
...still lake.
Haha thanks. Funny story.
I have difficulty focusing due to lack of well-being at the moment. Sometimes I'm not sure I meditated succesfully or not.

In the past, every single time I meditated, ALWAYS GARUANTEED I feel good afterwards. NO MATTER WHAT. If the entire world collapses, I meditate and then I feel peace contentment at the least or bliss.

Now for years I meditate and I experience no thought, but I don't know if there is thought or not. Because when I'm done meditating, I feel absolutely nothing. But I still feel like my consciousness is stuck in my head.

It feels like I just focused in ignorance of my body, I didn't really withdraw my consciousness from physical. I didnt reach that detachment feeling where nose and feet become undistinguishable. And I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It feels like my illness is keeping me stuck in the body. I know that if I can get into non-physical, gamma state like you said, or flow state, if I can get there, JUST 1 MINUTE, I can heal my entire body and well being will much much more easily return to my body.

It feels like the interface between my eternal consciousness and physical extension is choked. And has been pinched for a long time. That's why my body is no longer functioning correctly.

Now I'm trying to open this connection again, to blend the two and get rid of this gap or desynchronisation between my soul and me, merge it, blend it, and enter the flow state again. And recently I experienced this quasi physical gamma similar frequency state where everything was bliss frequency holographic vibrational interfacing with all my time and space reality senses. But this was completely by accident. It happened accidentally while I was falling asleep.
Appearantly through the path of least resistance. It happened by accident. That bliss does indeed feel like a completely still water but then like the underlying holographic bliss matrix field of the water or any time and space perception. Its like the ever evolving perfect dynamic bliss Source vibrations of all things, the source current that flows to and through all things. But it seems like my mind can seperate itself from that.

Perhaps I am not able to focus well due to extreme mental fatigue and bodily maltrunition and neurological disorders and chronic whole body pain. I also need to learn how to focus again.
Old 18-07-2022, 02:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Reality itself. The Face and not the mirror or its reflection.
Reality is more than consciousness, no matter which of the usual meanings are given to these words.

Also, the last phrase is a cliche. It is meant to sound profound, but it isn't. The face is as much reality as the mirror and the reflection are.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 18-07-2022, 02:09 AM
Knower

Quote:
Ewwerrin: Perhaps I am not able to focus well due to extreme mental fatigue and bodily maltrunition and neurological disorders and chronic whole body pain. I also need to learn how to focus again.
Go gently into the good light. Feed yourself healthy stuff, go for walks, breathe.
Old 18-07-2022, 12:15 PM
Master
Is consciousness non-dual?

this is correct, and not within the physical (uni)verse
Old 18-07-2022, 12:32 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Reality is more than consciousness, no matter which of the usual meanings are given to these words.
You view consciousness from the perspective of the reflection and I view It from the perspective of the face. You think the face-mirror-reflection analogy is trite and I think it's profound. If you're not interested in understanding what more is there to say?

The bigger question is why devote effort to dismissing something you don't subscribe to instead of investing that time into something you do subscribe to? Isn't it a waste of your time and if you don't think it's a waste of your time what purpose does it serve? This question is for your own contemplation, not for an answer here.
Old 18-07-2022, 03:16 PM
Guide

Once again,I totally agree with Rah nam.
Old 18-07-2022, 05:27 PM
Master

Quote:
... This question is for your own contemplation, not for an answer here.
I expressed my view, which contrasts with yours.

You adopted a superiority tone that is baseless. You are mistaken, but you don't have to believe me. Put aside ALL your current beliefs, everything you read or heard from the gurus and dogmas you follow, and start getting in touch with your inner-source of knowledge and guidance! If you don't make that effort, whatever you experience is detrimentally distorted.

There is nothing to argue about. You honestly believe what you claim, but that doesn't make it true. A warning for anybody should be the feeling of superiority, and the unpleasant reaction when their beliefs face another perspective.

In our short exchange, I expressed an opinion about the subject. You replied with a personal attack. This should be a tell for you.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.

Last edited by inavalan : 18-07-2022 at 07:24 PM.