Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 29-11-2022, 04:23 PM
Master

Regarding this subject. I read a book many years ago by a guy called Daniel Goldman called Destructive emotions, but it wasn’t just about that.

He decided to put two monks in the MRI to see where the different emotions come from and where and how they affect the brain. The reason he chose the two monks is because they were the only people who could totally stop the mind from working, which in turn provided a clean slate so to speak, before he asked them certain questions or showed them pictures. The Dalai Lama also attended. It was very interesting.

Maybe you might find the details of this experiment on the net.
Old 29-11-2022, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris

Science does not deal with feelings!
Then what are all the gadgets they stick all over people as they show them pleasant and terrible photos?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-11-2022, 04:46 PM
Master

I meant science strictly in the sense of hard science. Soft sciences can deal with feelings.
Old 30-11-2022, 03:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
We didn't come into this world, we came out of it like a flower grows out of the soil*

You may have come out of it Busby but I know for sure that I came into it, I remember the whole process.

I can remember somewhat vaguely about you telling us this hazada guess.

Sure, coming into the light of the 'outside world' after leaving the darkness or maybe semi-darkness of of the womb would lead to the impression that one is entering a new world. Just like a flower breaking through the soil and reaching for the sun. The flower has only one thing in mind - and that is to blossom. You won't believe me but the universe is also planning to blossom. It has before - many times.

This world in which we find ourselves has an inside and an outside - just two sides of the same coin.

As I said we came out of the earth / the Earth, like a flower coming out of the soil. But so did and so does everything. There is nothing, anywhere on this planet which didn't form itself from the soil. You formed yourself from the soil inasmuch as your mother had to provide for you and she ate and drank to do this. And we all, whether plant, animal or human, still eat and drink today in order to survive. Carrots and pork chops come out of the earth/Earth. The chair on which you are sitting came out of the earth/Earth as did the Jumbo jet flying overhead. And all will return to the earth/Earth as ashes and dust.
The 'Oneness' which 'contains' all this in darkness and light and from which you and I and everything else stem (and return to) is, to put it in a possibly understandable way, an immense collection of acquired knowledge and wisdom which is constantly being added to and is the true meaning of evolution.
Our minds and senses with which we percieve this All are still small apertures through which we peer, we haven't moved on much from Plato's cave but all the discoveries we make add stones to the pathway on which we walk.

We have not yet understood just what adventures we have undertaken.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 11-12-2022, 08:40 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
What are the scientific implications for feelings of oneness? What happens scientifically when this happens?

the scientific implications for the feeling of oneness is the interchange of energies.
Old 11-12-2022, 11:56 AM
Master

Krishnamurti

Yes there is some truth in that Krishnamurti quote.

I’ve read most of his books and could relate to most of what he said but there are a few things I didn’t quite agree with.
Old 11-12-2022, 04:41 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
What are the scientific implications for feelings of oneness? What happens scientifically when this happens?
When this happens! That is how the universe is according to science. All that exists is basically the 'physical energy' that we started with at the time of Big Bang.
Old 11-12-2022, 06:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aupmanyav
When this happens! That is how the universe is according to science. All that exists is basically the 'physical energy' that we started with at the time of Big Bang.
We should remember that while there is an orthodox perspective according to science there is no scientific consensus. Many respected scientists have raised serious questions about the Big Bang theory, suggesting alternative ideas. But we don't hear so much about this.

Peace
Old 12-12-2022, 10:47 AM
Pathfinder

You are correct, but Big Bang is (as Wikipedia says):
"A wide range of empirical evidence strongly favors the Big Bang event, which is now essentially universally accepted (Aup. adds: in the scientific community).
Old 17-12-2022, 10:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Watch a number of Joe Dispenza's clip. It is scientifically proven, measured, and explained.
All to do with brainwaves, brain coherence & heart coherence. And again, this has been measured tons of times at least during Joe Dispenza's work as he gets scientists and doctors etc. in for that part.

Too much typing to explain. If you really want to know you can find out for yourself. Just go to YouTube. It's all there. Tons of free vids.