Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 29-05-2022, 05:53 PM
Master

The no self

Have you come to the experience of no self? Lately, almost every single session of meditation is resulting with the experience of no self which is so profound that I end up asking who or what am I? For there's no sense of who or what I am, no memory, no identity, just this profound sense of pure presence. This is way beyond anything I ever experienced before even though this is not new but it is so profound, really profound, if you want, like really awake and aware, and to really last? Never before, just glimpses or sudden things.

Really incredible and what's even more incredible is that after the initial confusion there's a very profound sense of bliss, it's like I am a child again and the whole world around me is full of magic and adventures and wonderful things even though there's no saying who or what I am for I have no idea, how can I? When the sense of self is no more, the separation is no more, the quantification is no more, the interpretation is no more.
Old 29-05-2022, 07:56 PM
Master
QUOTE 1 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan

Lately, almost every single session of meditation is resulting with the experience of no self which is so profound that I end up asking who or what am I? For there's no sense of who or what I am, no memory, no identity, just this profound sense of pure presence.

Really incredible and what's even more incredible is that after the initial confusion there's a very profound sense of bliss.

What an awesome post !Thank you for sharing.
Old 29-05-2022, 09:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
What an awesome post !Thank you for sharing.

Thank you too. I actually waited for about several weeks to see if this is actually happening. I've been having this sensation that unknowingly I am unto something beyond the day to day consciousness.
Old 30-05-2022, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you too. I actually waited for about several weeks to see if this is actually happening. I've been having this sensation that unknowingly I am unto something beyond the day to day consciousness.

May I ask what kind of meditation you practice that got you "beyond the day to day consciousness". Your story is amazing especially considering your young age. Who or what served as your inspiration leading to this meditative experience?

My out-of-body NDE many years ago literally got me "beyond the day to day consciousness" and served as a catalyst to pursuing meditation.
Old 30-05-2022, 10:02 PM
Master

Quote:
May I ask what kind of meditation you practice that got you "beyond the day to day consciousness".
Sure, no particular meditation, I do only one thing, I let go. You do not even need some kind of meditative pose. Two days ago I came from a long walk, sat in my bed and just let go and then visions started to pop up and then I arrived at the no self. When you let go everything seems to slow down, to really slow down, at least in my experiences.

Many start like that, have some kind of mystical experience and then pursue a spiritual path for the rest of their lives, now, think of this, imagine that incredible heightened state of consciousness while fully awake and in your day to day life, every single day. It is possible and it is already here, you are it, I am it, everybody is it, it's just our awareness is not expanded enough to be aware of being aware at at the deepest level, the no self. The human self is the veil itself for it hides the oneness of all things under the appearance of separation. This is what I've learnt from my experiences.

This may sound strange, my "inspiration" is the human suffering, this reminds me of the story of Siddhartha Gautama.
Old 31-05-2022, 09:01 AM
Master

Happened again last night, really incredible, same thing, no sense of self, identity, memory, just this pure presence. This time I was able to take more in so that I can remember more about it. Sadly, I can't put it into words, I looked at my body and had no sense that it was my body, all the mental interpretations of reality were gone, no interpretation, no this or that, as if all things were one thing that appears in different shapes and colors, extending endlessly, like an ocean and its waves. Of course, the initial confusion came in, I kept asking who or what I am but now the tone was more grounded more stable, no anxiety rush.

One more thing, I was witnessing my body from above, had this perspective. I was not sure about this but this happened almost every single time the self was no more.
Old 31-05-2022, 10:21 AM
Master

Sounds awesome thanks for sharing ��
Old 31-05-2022, 11:54 AM
Master
QUOTE 5 EXCERPT:
Quote:
I do only one thing, I let go. .... When you let go everything seems to slow down, to really slow down, at least in my experiences.
imagine that incredible heightened state of consciousness while fully awake and in your day to day life, every single day.
That is exactly it ...letting go and "be still".

Eventually, one can sustain "that incredible heightened state of consciousness while fully awake and in your day to day life, every single day". ABSOLUTELY ! It's awesome, isn't it?

During my near death experience, I had a visionary experience completely alien to my Roman Catholic upbringing and it served as a catalyst for turning eastward and into meditation. Like yourself, I relate to the Buddha quite well.
Old 31-05-2022, 11:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Sounds awesome thanks for sharing ��
It does indeed sound awesome especially for one so young. It's so refreshing when some one shares experiences like this one. P.S. I love your posts as well and read them with great interest.
Old 31-05-2022, 04:29 PM
Master

Quote:
That is exactly it ...letting go and "be still".
During my near death experience, I had a visionary experience completely alien to my Roman Catholic upbringing and it served as a catalyst for turning eastward and into meditation. Like yourself, I relate to the Buddha quite well.
I can't put into words what it means to "be still" when the self is no more.

Yes, it really is for the search is over, it's one think to know mentally the oneness and it's a completely different thing to be it even though we are it but consciously we are not aware of this.

Like you I too had NDE like experiences when I was really sick and religion does not even come close to what is really beyond the veil of mind. It's like religions are poor attempts to present the infinite to the finite but even so they have their place, it's the way it is, for the common day to day man needs the external and later on the moves to the internal.