Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 14-03-2022, 02:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Question Time travel in the afterlife?

One of my greatest hopes is that I will discover, upon shedding my physical body, that my spiritual body is not constrained by time and that I can journey back and observe what Pre-Cambrian life forms, and gorgonopsids, and dinosaurs looked like... What the various epochs' vegetation looked like... what lost civilizations looked like... and so many other things largely lost to us in the mists of time.

Or, if I cannot travel back through time, I hope there are accurate recordings in the Akashic Library that I can view!
Old 14-03-2022, 11:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlfHedinn
One of my greatest hopes is that I will discover, upon shedding my physical body, that my spiritual body is not constrained by time and that I can journey back and observe what Pre-Cambrian life forms, and gorgonopsids, and dinosaurs looked like...!
You can't travel back in time the way you might wish you could but all you would like to know will be available for you to learn about (or re-acquaint yourself with) in one way or another. In your previous life/lives you may have had a similar interest and you may simply regain all your knowledge and understanding of those subjects on your return to the world of the spirit.

I share your interest in those subjects.
Old 15-03-2022, 05:14 AM
Master
Time is a function of time (f)t.

The current theory is time did not exist before the Big Bang and the Big Bang may have occurred many, many times.

If this is true, what might we expect?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-03-2022, 06:32 PM
Master
Seems likely that we would be able to time travel in the afterlife- I’d want to revolve around my avartas—- know I was there for me even when I was stuck in a body.. contentment.. imo

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 19-03-2022, 07:17 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Time is a function of time (f)t.

The current theory is time did not exist before the Big Bang and the Big Bang may have occurred many, many times.

If this is true, what might we expect?
I think that matter, space, and time are all co-dependent - that time cannot exist without the interplay of matter and space, and that space cannot exist without matter for it to contain. Thus, once the grosser elements of material have faded away into the finer forms of energy, space and time will vanish like the evanescent illusions they are.

Now, if I am correct in that, then surely the finer forms of energy, too sublime to force the existence of space, can surely transcend time?

I'm saying that astral bodies might not be as firmly anchored in one-way linear time as mortal humans seem to be.
Old 19-03-2022, 01:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlfHedinn
I think that matter, space, and time are all co-dependent - that time cannot exist without the interplay of matter and space, and that space cannot exist without matter for it to co..........es might not be as firmly anchored in one-way linear time as mortal humans seem to be.
It's all but impossible to think about a world in which there are none of the time factors we're used to dealing with, isn't it? We still talk about things that just don't obtain 'over there'. It's a major problem that constrains us enormously.
Old 19-03-2022, 02:14 PM
Master
Some talk about the Big Bang and the possibility before the Big Bang in which, they suspect, time did not exist.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-03-2022, 02:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Back To The Future! lol

The sciences of this world may not have a scrap of relevance to the next and those beyond yet we continue to talk as if they do.

The time we understand in this world isn't - we've been told by those living there - present in the next. The fundamentals we relate to and experience constantly are missing in the next dimension. But we can't relate to that situation because time dominates just about every part of our incarnate lives.

Folk naturally would like to be able to 'travel in time' to view this world the way it used to be. It's the fun stuff of movies and I love 'Back To The Future' and all the rest. But there is no past we can travel to see any more than there's a future......

I've heard the notion that everything happens 'at the same time', that time is not linear, that past, present and future all exist concurrently. I think that's a crock simply because it tries to make things fit the values we understand rather than leaving the situation as one we incarnates can never fathom with our physical brains. I'm not persuaded that even our passed-over loved ones in the 'next level up' have much more understanding.

Oh sure they become - later or sooner - familiar with a new environment where their old words concerning time no longer have meaning; where there's no sunrise and sunset to mark a beginning or an ending of a day; where there are no time devices or calendars because they could have no function even if they could be created. Yet knowing all that humankind still wonders if it will be able to ravel in time. Ya gotta larf!

blessings
Old 19-03-2022, 03:17 PM
Master
Science theory can be a big 'larf' to some but then it is only a theory. But then, sometimes...... it gravitates toward 'fact'.

If you look at the information Swedenborg brought forth: how much of that was theory and how much of it was fact?

We are explorers and along with exploration comes theories and in some cases, verification of the theories. If we terminate our created energies, will we really move forward?

Old 19-03-2022, 05:26 PM
Well, I will just offer this...cuz I guess it WAS time travel, I suppose:
4 diff times, I was suddenly taken in the afternoons to the minute of 4 different scenes.
Is that time travel or being taken as an observer by my own memory, see, to look at something that happened?
I dunno!!!!

3 were past lives of mine - 1 was the In-between place before coming here...
my 'friend' telling me the part he would play in this life and why...
me saying, "Okay".
I realize now, maybe that could be called time traveling to the past?
Who knows.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru