Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 24-11-2022, 04:35 PM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
But for me there is still a tiny element of separation that makes the devotion possible. It is quite likely that this way of experiencing things represents a limitation on my behalf. There is always something new to be learnt.

It's fine. Actually, there is no theory for Non-Duality. The word "Non-duality" has no meaning at all except,
"Erasing the illusion of duality - Removing Ignorance".
"There is no duality", that's the word Non-duality points at.

No doubt that separation (Illusionising Duality) creates spark of Devotion. But, that's not matter. What's matter is, when you are in the act of devotion, "no duality of Me and God" but only "God-Conscious". Not just in act of God devotion, any kind of devotion to country/work/etc., at the time of action/devotion - there is no duality "I (Viswa,etc.,) Conscious of Work/etc.", but just the act of work happens, only work-conscious, no subject. But, only after that or thinking past, there happens to come a 'subject/I' as a thought/illusion and comparing itself with the work/action (as object).

In Time, I'm sure you will see that, even in devotion, there no need of any separation for the devotion. It happens without any thought of separation then. Duality is just a useful thought, but an illusionary tool and thrown away when purpose is over, then there is no tool/duality at all.

Really in any kind of action/movement, no duality, only in illusion/thought the duality has it's magical presence.

This is what scriptures and philosophers and Jiddu Krishnamurti, said about "No duality", and considering Duality is there, is Ignorance - a thought trick - Maya.
Old 24-11-2022, 05:07 PM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Yes you have got me thinking here. Maybe there is no duality ultimately. Maybe my feeling that there is a need for duality indicates that there are deeper realisations for me to discover. I can only speak of my own experience as I am now.

Yeah, fine, no issue at all. I was only speaking intellectually months back. No experience at all.

Only when this strong perception/knowledge of "I am God" fixed in mind recently, many sharp discoveries (not intellectual but more perceptional based) happening about this "Non-Duality".

First, I was thinking like "Aham Brahmasmi" indicated Nirguna Brahman. But, only after studing Swami Sarvapriyananda's Vakya Vritti lectures here, https://m.youtube.com/@vedantacalgary, and referring Upanishads for the same what they say about "Tat" "Tvam" "Asi", I came to know that, they Indicate the Ishwara only as "Tat", where Ishwara indicates - all knower, Omnipresent, sarvajna, etc.. There is no difference between Ishwara and Nirguna Brahman, when concept of 'creation' is ignored/erased.

I read more than 3 Upanishads, which points Tat Tvam Asi, not as Nirguna Brahman but Omnipresent-etc., God, which Swami beautifully expressed in those sessions. Also recently, I see his lectures, not separates Ishwara from Nirguna Brahman, a little changeover in his view happens, and says "Both Ishwara and Nirguna Brahman are regarded same in Upanishads".

Really, Tat Tvam Asi, "You are God" is real knowledge, and firmly fixing in mind "Aham Brahmasmi", I AM GOD, opens up many clear perceptions and new experiences and knowledge and immense Bliss. Those Sages/Scriptures are really way ahead.
Old 24-11-2022, 05:08 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by O K Viswanath
In Time, I'm sure you will see that, even in devotion, there no need of any separation for the devotion. It happens without any thought of separation then. Duality is just a useful thought, but an illusionary tool and thrown away when purpose is over, then there is no tool/duality at all.

Thank you.
Old 24-11-2022, 05:41 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by O K Viswanath
Really, Tat Tvam Asi, "You are God" is real knowledge, and firmly fixing in mind "Aham Brahmasmi", I AM GOD, opens up many clear perceptions and new experiences and knowledge and immense Bliss. Those Sages/Scriptures are really way ahead.

Thanks again.
Old 24-11-2022, 05:41 PM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Thank you.

Any time..

Also, there is no need of going into all sessions of Swami if you are willing to.

This session, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lMzAViPeANc, itself is enough, "Thou" and "That" are described very precisely by Shankara, worthy to look at and contemplate as "I Am That God". All 90% unconscious thoughts too comes to conscious level, so 100% conscious is guaranteed.
Old 25-11-2022, 05:40 PM
Master

non-duality

Quote:
In my opinion nonduality includes duality.
You are right . In psychology negations dont work . If some one says 'Dont panic' , most people panic and remain so . A good message is to say 'Stay calm'.

While oneness is similar to non-duality , non-duality conveys reality more closely suggesting that there will always be duality till you leave this world . There should be minute , quick ,easy orientation to non-duality / oneness in life.This oscillation from duality to non-duality should be effortless , natural , granular,quick and should guarantee good experience us as well as others without spoiling anyone else's experience . Life presents us with myriad situations and only a person with excellent duality knowledge can navigate it effortlessly. Consistent and persistent efforts/ practice are key to progress in this .

So in summary non-duality is duality and non-duality both with orientation towards non-duality which makes the life navigation experience better for one and all concerned .
Old 25-11-2022, 08:18 PM
Master

this should be true so you get something specific you want, that should be true so you get something else specific you want...

but I always get left out regardless.
*Deleted*

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 27-11-2022 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Rude