Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-02-2023, 05:40 PM
Master
QUOTE 50 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
If we did not refer to ourselves as “self” no self would be a mute point.

If I am reading you correctly, that is a very important point.

Ramana Maharshi's interpretation of "Be still and Know that I AM God" (Psalms 46:10) was to simply repeat "I AM" (with absolutely no other thoughts to complete that sentence). Nisargadatta Maharaj recommended the same practice.

Eventually, as Ramana Maharshi pointed out, "That which is no longer even says I AM". That seems to correspond to your point whereby one does "not refer to ourselves as 'self' " any longer at which point "no self would be a mute point".
Old 19-02-2023, 08:00 PM
Master
Thank you Still_Waters, an excellent reflection on what I was saying, and as you point out, even I AM is not, but that and that alone can change our perspective.

It seems we are always beginning and ending in one continuous flow. It is wonderful to be absorbed in your own inner light and letting that move you. It is so intuitive, and in my experience, without form or identity.

We are translucent beings, crystal clear when we want to be but otherwise clouded by various hues which we may have embraced. That deeper being which inhabits the physical body and interacts with its mind and emotions via a central nervous system, is as fresh, sweet, and clear, within us today as it was on the day we took this human birth. How does a new born baby refer to itself?

Mathew 18:3 (paraphrased) you must become like a little child to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Luke 17:21 (paraphrased) the Kingdom of Heaven is within you. I usually do not quote Bible verses but both of these references seem apropos.