Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-12-2021, 02:07 AM
Bambo

Yes I think not using our minds and letting people control us is quite important to not let happen.......
Old 22-12-2021, 07:44 AM
hazada guess

Life is what you make it.
Old 22-12-2021, 07:47 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You're cute...the ripple effect, tho...then I'd have to delete ALL of you and me posting about it.
No, let's show people how well we can get along!!!

Oh Miss hepburn I try to get on with everybody, (though sometimes I slip up).
Old 22-12-2021, 09:05 AM
Master
If we think we are in 'Hell', then we probably have 'made it'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 22-12-2021, 02:01 PM
Master

I guess I am the only one who feels I don't belong in hell, home of the Devil.
Old 22-12-2021, 04:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
''And what does that achieve?"

iamthat...Pleease don't ever leave this Forum!
Aw, thanks, Miss H.
Old 22-12-2021, 07:54 PM
Master
If we put our faith in something long enough that thing can become real for us, and if we keep saying
something over and over, it acts as an affirmation which becomes ingrained in our psyche.

Words are symbols of things and not the things themselves. Words can be very powerful tools. They
mold and shape our perception of reality. While I do embrace that the behavior of some in this world
is sinister and hateful, I do not believe in a figurehead called “the devil.”

And while there is a lot of suffering in this world in my opinion the word “hell” refers to a condition and
not an actual place. The concept of heaven and hell, and the devil, is mostly a Christian doctrine,
although there are some other religions that have a similar construct.

In my opinion the darkness is nothing more than the shadow of the light. Human life is about learning
and human suffering is as growing pains, containing sublime lessons meant for those who experience
suffering.

No one can know why a person is suffering in ways that a suffering person can. It is theirs to uncover,
and it is ours for the sake of compassion and empathy. Do you have compassion for wealthy people who
have all of their needs met and more? Do you feel sorry for millionaires and billionaires? Suffering serves
a greater purpose then just suffering.
Old 22-12-2021, 09:29 PM
Master

QUOTE Post 17 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
If we put our faith in something long enough that thing can become real for us, and if we keep saying
something over and over, it acts as an affirmation which becomes ingrained in our psyche.

You are exactly right, in my opinion. This is why I hold no beliefs. The most dangerous of all beliefs are the beliefs of science. Spiritual beliefs are not universally accepted and can be summarily dismissed. God can be kicked aside by atheists. No one alive (except me) can be convinced that gravity is not the force that makes people fall from rooftops.
Old 22-12-2021, 09:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
QUOTE Post 17 EXCERPT:

You are exactly right, in my opinion. This is why I hold no beliefs. The most dangerous of all beliefs are the
beliefs of science. Spiritual beliefs are not universally accepted and can be summarily dismissed. God can be
kicked aside by atheists. No one alive (except me) can be convinced that gravity is not the force that makes people fall from rooftops.
Belief is very intimate and subjective, but in my opinion it should have some foundation in experience.
Beliefs are conclusions that we draw from experience, but there are also beliefs that have no foundation,
they are just conjecture.

The problem is that humanity uses a system of validation which works very well in this physical world but
does not work at all in spiritual matters. Science has an objective methodology but spirituality is not objective.

Humanity gives most of its validity to logic and reasoning; intuition has traditionally been discarded as a
female trait. Traditionally men, or males, have been viewed as the keepers of reason while females have
been viewed as mysterious and unable to properly reason. Today this perspective is not as prevalent.

Human reasoning can not validate everything. Logic can be faulty. Scientific research can be misinterpreted
or done poorly. I think science has a wonderful place in human life, but science is limited. Faith on the other
hand does have its merit, but we need to be careful with that as well. What we put our faith in, we invite
into our lives.
Old 24-12-2021, 01:00 AM
Master

QUOTE Post 19 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Belief is very intimate and subjective, but in my opinion it should have some foundation in experience.
Beliefs are conclusions that we draw from experience, but there are also beliefs that have no foundation,
they are just conjecture.

Conjecture is a supposition, an idea to explain what we think we see. Darwin’s evolution theory is a conjecture. In my opinion, spiritual conclusions, arrived at based on miraculous cures at Lourdes, have more currency than the reasoning behind so-called scientific explanations on how living organisms evolved.

What do you say?