Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-01-2022, 08:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Busby, In my opinion, everything comes from God and everything must return to God; this is my
perspective. God being the ever present source of all.

Peace and Good Journey

Starman, I can't argue with that - nor agree, because I don't know.

Dr. Dieter von Reichstag at the Mainz Institute in Heidelberg who was asked what practical value there is in knowing if neutrinos possess mass, admitted he hadn't the foggiest idea, but what really amazed him was that on a minor planet circulating an average sized star that a species has developed that can ask such a question.

Astronomers have recently estimated that there are possibly at least two trillion galaxies in the universe.

And so on.

In my opinion too few of us are actually amazed at being alive, not realising I think that life is nothing but awareness. This in my eyes is the real truth.

The way we think - especially about re-incarnation suggests that we accept a sort of spiritual evolution based on a heirarchy. This heirarchy is based as we know on presumed moral principles created by ...? In reality it can be seen that the 'moral' principles we understand have been created by mankind's need to avoid conflict where possible.
Bur what do we know, the old teaching that we can revert (this word is permissable under the circunstances) to animals or 'lower' forms of life (awareness) has been swept under the carpet.

In my opinion we observe. We are the observers of the universe taking part in one ultra-massive existence and delegate ourselves to the observation point we have decided is best. Only in this way can the universe know what is happening in all corners of itself. This then would include the possibility to be reborn as an elephant.

My own personal experiences, those which I cannot explain and there are a number of them, tend to reveal or show (in my mind) a developing universe.
One of these experiences which I call (for want of a better word) a mystical experience, revealed a great 'world' of consciousness open to all. At the same time it becomes apparent that all knowledge is available - 'I could have answered any question' is a common denominator in msytical experiences.

It's all fascinating stuff - I have never had enough of it!

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 22-01-2022, 06:57 PM
Master
Busby, the study of epistemology looks at the philosophy of knowledge, and how do we know what we know. I feel like much of what human beings think they know, including myself, is myth. But then myth has always played an important role in human culture; ritual is very important to the inner life of human beings.

I am fascinated by how many people think of time as a straight line, from past to present, to future. The planet turns on its axis once and we humans call it a day, the planet goes around the sun once and we humans call it a year. These are circular motions by which we here on earth mark time.

Even birth and death are circular motions, returning to a state which we may have been before birth. There is so much evidence that all motion is circular. Yet most people insist that we are on a straight-line from past to future. In 2012 scientists discover something that many call “the God particle;” a particle that gives elementary particles mass.

I base my belief in God on a single substance that permeates all creation, that substance is called by many names, and it can be experienced within ourselves. There are lots of such omni present substances on many levels, like the “God Particle.” Another ever present substance is hydrogen; it is the most abundant element in the universe.

On a sub-atomic scale the simplicity of life can be perceived, although the human definition of “intelligent life” is much more complex. Regardless, the breakdown of energy, commonly called entropy and from which all things are made, suggests by scientists in what is called “the law of conservation” that all things are transformed but nothing is destroyed. These scientific concepts can also be applied to human birth and death.

Yes, I also accept that life is awareness, and to the extent that we are aware we have more options in our animation. I also embrace awareness as radiant energy, light which allows us to see. On the level of medical science light enters our eyeball and touches the back of our brain, which allows us to see. The operative word is “light.” I have experienced a light, or radiant energy, within my self which allows me a greater insight, and I believe that light is within all people and within everything else in this creation.

Peace
Old 23-01-2022, 09:37 AM
Master

That is one the best videos I've seen from Sadh Guru. What an interesting
take on the energy of the moon upon the human consciousness and body ?
My own parents are in their early 80s, I've witnessed a dramatic change in
their attitude especially in my mother. She is very mellow now and moving in
and out of a childlike state with reasonably alert mind. She no longer has the
energy to be angry lol. I don't follow Sadh Guru at all but admire him here in
this video as he is going against 'Dogma'. I think it's good to see him throwing
a spanner in the works of Religious Dogma. Dogma being when Religious teachings
are held so tightly by the human being that they become a source for anger and rancour.
Anyway thanks. Joe.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge