Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 09-12-2011, 01:16 AM
geminilite

TMJ and accupuncture

Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone else here has TMJ/TMD

Acupunture is Brilliant for this, I myself have been going for years to the acupuncturist well when I feel I need to of course.. everything else I tried didnt really work well and didnt really have any long term benefits... till i discovered acupuncture .... now I go , usually have anywhere between 4-10 sessions depending on the severity of it and it keeps it at bay for some 2-3 years before I need to return.

cannot say how much of an improvement it has made to me..

Just wanted to share and I hope this helps someone somewhere one day

Blessings x x
Old 13-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Master
excellent, great to hear. acupuncture was central in curing my chronic asthma of 8 years. i've bought a "healthpoint" electro-acupuncture device, highly recommend them

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 18-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Administrator
Hello

I used it when I first had issues with me jaw. Was amazing. I was 21 when I fractured the jaw and c 4. I was blessed to live in a major city that had huge ties to Asian healings I had the most amazing man there.

I am now 49 and while the jaw does not and will not open straight it is manageable but I have yet to find such a blessed soul with the needles.

Lynn
Old 21-04-2012, 11:20 PM
ceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminilite
Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone else here has TMJ/TMD

Acupunture is Brilliant for this, I myself have been going for years to the acupuncturist well when I feel I need to of course.. everything else I tried didnt really work well and didnt really have any long term benefits... till i discovered acupuncture .... now I go , usually have anywhere between 4-10 sessions depending on the severity of it and it keeps it at bay for some 2-3 years before I need to return.

cannot say how much of an improvement it has made to me..

Just wanted to share and I hope this helps someone somewhere one day

Blessings x x

I went to acupuncture for tmj and unfortunately it didn't work for me :(

My jaw is dislocated and has no cartilage (confirmed my an MRI) and the muscles in my head are pulling due to the jaw. The tmj worsened after I had some major stress happen to me in late 2010. I had high hopes for it but alas it didn't work.

However I did have two weird experiences during it which would be great if someone could explain.

Normally a girl who was training would put the needles in me. I had no issues with her and never had any "reactions" during treatment.

However when the doctor put the needles in me (one was placed on the part of my forehead where the 3rd eye would be located - they said it was for sinuses) I had a reaction that sent me through the roof. A warm/tingling feeling formed from head to toe, I wound up having a panic attack, & feeling like my lungs couldn't fill with air. In my head it was almost visions of my lungs being like an uninflated balloon. During this reaction, a person/guy popped into my head (whom I haven't seen in years) while my head was blank to begin with.

The second time I had the doctor put the needles in, I started to think about the same person out of nowhere. The more I thought about him, the more my body had that warm tingling feeling and the panic attack happened.

I really have a feeling that the doctor opened up some energy field that I couldn't control or handle. It was so scary! :(

Chris.