Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 21-04-2022, 06:48 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What was Spiritualism 'before' Modern Day Spiritualism?
History is your specialty. You tell us.
Old 21-04-2022, 06:53 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
But then, some do not want to discuss or hear anything about history so it becomes a moot subject.
It's not moot because some aren't interested in history.
Quote:
When Modern Day Spiritism 'emerged', why is it Christianity seems to have played a key factor?
Spiritism isn't Spiritualism.
Old 21-04-2022, 06:55 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
That quote and the quotes before it are paraphrases from the Arthur Findlay College and is part of a Course description on Mental Mediumship.
They're not quotations if they're paraphrases.
Old 21-04-2022, 02:53 PM
Master
I wrote "Please Note: MM occurs through the medium’s own consciousness, without the use of the five physical senses. The medium relays what they feel, sense, see, or hear to the recipient. The faculties used by mediums are Clairvoyance, Clairsentience and Clairaudience."

the original quote was:

"Mental mediumship, as taught at the Arthur Findlay College, occurs through the medium’s own consciousness, without the use of the five physical senses. The medium relays what they feel, sense, see, or hear to the recipient. The faculties used by mediums are Clairvoyance (clear-seeing), Clairsentience (clear-sensing or feeling) and Clairaudience (clear-hearing)."

The Arthur Findlay College's position on Mental Mediumship is the same as mine.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 21-04-2022, 03:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
It's not moot because some aren't interested in history.
Spiritism isn't Spiritualism.

My mistake. I should have written Spiritualism and the question still stands "When Modern Day Spiritualism 'emerged', why is it Christianity seems to have played a key factor?"

Next will be a discussion of Swedenborg.

I was going to write about Jesus and his followers as it relates to Spiritualism but the subject seems too controversial. Same holds true with other religions such as Buddhism.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-04-2022, 01:59 PM
Master
Quote:
There are numerous messages recoded in the Bible that were from Spirit. I would include Samuel's message to be one of the more important messages. It is just my own personal selection. On a personal note, the message from 'Spirit' mentioned in the Bible is the one dealing with Cyrus the Great.

I can't find anything about Samuel's message from the Spirit regarding Cyrus the Great.
Old 22-04-2022, 02:32 PM
Master
Samuel did not speak about Cyrus the Great. That messages about Cyrus the Great are basically found in Isaiah.

Old 23-04-2022, 01:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Samuel did not speak about Cyrus the Great. That messages about Cyrus the Great are basically found in Isaiah.

I am familiar with the quotes attributed to Isaiah that some say are references to Cyrus.

However, there are also Biblical scholars that question the timing of such "prophecies". They suggest that the "prophecies" may have been written after-the-fact.

https://www.christiancourier.com/art...lical-prophecy

EXCERPT:

Incredible declarations of this nature have led critics (who reject the possibility of predictive prophecy) to suggest that these portions of the book of Isaiah were added much later—after the fact, as it were.

Last edited by Still_Waters : 23-04-2022 at 02:10 PM.
Old 24-04-2022, 06:13 AM
Master
There was one time in my life that I would go to a lot of seances; sometimes as many as 4 in one day! At the same time, I used to go to 3 Spiritualist Churches on Sunday and went to other meeting during the week. From all of this, I got to give talks at two of the Churches and would give out messages. I also learned a 'lot of the tricks' and 'on my own', found easier and simpler methods to develop.

I also spent time in other belief systems in which I gave talks. Sure you can find information refuting anything and everything in Judaism and Christianity but I don't think this is the Forum to do it. If you look at some of my posts in Judaism and Christianity, I try to explain in several places that if one examines, for example, the writing styles in Hebrew of the creation accounts, it seems odvious to me they were written by different persons or groups.

Old 24-04-2022, 01:18 PM
hazada guess

Pardon me for interrupting BigJohn ,but I would like to know what you mean by 'lot of the tricks'.