Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 01-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Master
It does raise alarms when governments don't preserve and protect natural woodlands. It could be an illustration that they care little for environmental issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Nothing surprises me about this unselected tory party they rob from the poor to give to the rich, no wonder uk is being pulled apart when youve got a smarmy public schoolboy playing as being prime minister, Namaste
Who are these ''poor'' people in the UK (and other developed countries)..? Have you been to Africa or Asia? There you will see poverty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisa'ka
I have to wonder about those lands that have been almost cleared of trees and the people who live there. Did their ancestors hate trees that much ? Is this why such people have lost touch with the spirits of their own ancestors and now attempt to associate with the ancestors of people who love and respect the forest ? Did the new religion play a part in this, deeming the deep forest as a place of their devil ?

Doubtful, I'll get a response.
For many Christians throughout history the forest has always been a place of superstition and 'pagan' worship. The so called nature-friendly religions in the east are quickly proving to be no different. If you check Google Earth you can see that Buddhist dominated countries such as Thailand are almost rainforest-free.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
It does raise alarms when governments don't preserve and protect natural woodlands. It could be an illustration that they care little for environmental issues.
Who are these ''poor'' people in the UK (and the West)..? Have you been to Africa or Asia? There you will see poverty.
For many Christians throughout history the forest has always been a place of superstition and 'pagan' worship. The so called nature-friendly religions in the east are quickly proving to be no different. If you check Google Earth you can see that Buddhist dominated countries such as Thailand are almost rainforest-free.

I dig. Forest felled for the cash of others who need wood, but have none left in their lands. I once talked to a Britain who railed against America and took her frustrations out on me because of the coal industry's blasting of Appalachian mountains apart for coal. She was quite put off to know that the British buy a lot of their coal by people in Poland who blast mountains apart as well.

I imagine the Japanese have saved some of their forests by purchasing wood from places like the Amazon or southeast Asia. Probably the same holds true with the U.S., still deforestation continues.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Master
Forests under threat again.... but this time it's something else.

''UK trees are facing an "unprecedented level of threat" from pests and diseases, the Forestry Commission has warned.
All species are vulnerable to potential attacks - from ecologically vital oaks to non-native ornamental species, such as lawson cypresses.
The biggest risk, it warns, comes from non-native organisms, which - in their natural range - are kept in check by natural predators and environmental conditions.''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19167307
Old 03-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Forests under threat again.... but this time it's something else.

''UK trees are facing an "unprecedented level of threat" from pests and diseases, the Forestry Commission has warned.
All species are vulnerable to potential attacks - from ecologically vital oaks to non-native ornamental species, such as lawson cypresses.
The biggest risk, it warns, comes from non-native organisms, which - in their natural range - are kept in check by natural predators and environmental conditions.''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19167307

We lost a lot of our elms many years ago from Dutch Elm disease. Then there are the larvae of Pine Bark Borer Beetles. The Forestry Department had to take out large swaths of pine in order to save the others.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Sequoia

I can't speak for all white people, of course, but I CAN say my own opinion on the matter.

Yes, the ones that came before us were usually motivated by greed, power...the uncontrollable ID, whatever u wanna call it...They called it 'American Ingeunity' and saw things that we might see as maybe a sign, they took it as just another challenge for them to overcome...

Most people I know believe a watered down version of Christianity. There is religion, but no spritiuality. We have given up our spirutality and replaced it w./ giant statues of dead presidents, slave owners, land stealers...no disrespect...but still...I can't help but feel that way...

As a result of this, some NOT ALL, are searching for that lost spirituality...that closeness w/ nature...I also am blessed enough to be surrounded by the natural woods...I'd give my life for this land...Now, for people in my culture...that is just plain nuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisa'ka
I have to wonder about those lands that have been almost cleared of trees and the people who live there. Did their ancestors hate trees that much ? Is this why such people have lost touch with the spirits of their own ancestors and now attempt to associate with the ancestors of people who love and respect the forest ? Did the new religion play a part in this, deeming the deep forest as a place of their devil ?

Doubtful, I'll get a response.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Master
Norsman there is some evil people in this world, they wear white collars and dream of turning paradise into landfill with bulldozers. They wipe out species of flora and fauna to make toys in junk stores that end up landfill. All done so they can have stupid BMW's

Look at this terrible thing happening to our world :( They made a super trawler to kill what is remaing the oceans now. They wont give up until it is all gone.

http://www.communityrun.org/petition...er-in-tasmania
Old 03-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Wisa'ka

Near my home. Always to be celebrated and enjoyed.

I often wonder where the forest spirits go once someone comes in with the chainsaws and bulldozers to raze such a place ?