Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 03-03-2021, 11:02 PM
The thread was moved to Gen Beliefs with the blessing of the op.
It is noted when you go to Spiritualism looking for it.
So I didn't see any reason to make a big announcement.
I will also 'announce' that questions concerning it's move were removed to get back on the topic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-03-2021, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HENRY_WAS_HERE
So in theosophy they teach us that their is a divine spark within all of us(gods light), and it is our job to awaken it.
the question i have is where is this divine spark located???
Is it inside your head??? your heart??? thanks a bunch!
This is not your first question about light, Light, the Divine Spark, God's Light, also called Divine Light.
I love it. It's the rare person pursuing such a question to be answered!

Yup, I get it and good. You may be like me - a dog with a bone, you have been reading and see a common word or concept, a thread that
runs thru poetry and books and lectures throughout time, cultures, religions and scriptures.
But what the heck is it?

What and where is it, and you and I want a practical, tangible understanding.
The best is always a personal experience of what this Light is 'exactly'.

Like all the questions we ask - ''Who is a good dentist in this city - a good mechanic?'' ---You have to ask a person who
has had an experience of a good dentist and mechanic...not someone telling you about an ad they saw.
That sounds logical, right?
I will be back...because that light is indeed within ...and you can see it.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-03-2021, 11:58 PM
JustASimpleGuy

The Light of Consciousness but with a wrinkle.

It is not within us, but we are within It. An analogy would be a dream. Consciousness is not within your dream body. Your dream body is within consciousness. Now apply the same principle to waking reality and ponder the implications.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:46 AM
Experiencer

If you're looking for a literal spark in the physical body and wanting to know where it's housed, that is kind of missing the point. It's not about the physical.

It's about your Spirit. The part that does not die.

You can look into Christ consciousness and various ways to personally experience the Divine.

There are different types of meditation that can be done for this purpose.

There's a hymn that touches on this:

"From the day when I came to love the Life, from the day when my heart came to love the Truth, I no longer have trust in anything in the world. In father and mother, I have no trust in the world. In brothers and sisters I have no trust in the world. In what is made and created I have no trust in the world. After my soul alone I go searching about, which to me is worth generations and worlds. I went and found my soul - What are to me all the worlds? I went and found Truth, as she stands at the outer rim of the worlds."

Don't go looking in your body. It's not about your body. You are more than your body.
Old 04-03-2021, 01:11 AM
Deactivated Account
As within so without.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 04-03-2021, 04:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterRose
Don't go looking in your body. It's not about your body. You are more than your body.

you can find answers anywhere you truly want to look. Even in the body. Maybe especially in the body.

The answers are written in a lot of different places. The truly difficult thing is getting past presuming one knows what doesn't qualify as an answer... that one isn't so caught up in what one wants that they cannot see the writing on the wall...
Old 04-03-2021, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HENRY_WAS_HERE
So in theosophy they teach us that their is a divine spark within all of us(gods light), and it is our job to awaken it. the question i have is where is this divine spark located??? Is it inside your head??? your heart??? thanks a bunch!

There are 'many' versions of Theosophy. Now having said that, the Divine Spark is the same as the Monad which consists of the Buddhi and Atman. The Buddhi is something like the Spiritual Soul and is the sixth Principle. The Buddhi is the vehicle for the Atman which is the seventh Principle.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 04-03-2021 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:07 PM
JustASimpleGuy

The most radical view is there is no Divine Spark, just the Divine without a second.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:35 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
The most radical view is there is no Divine Spark, just the Divine without a second.
Not that radical ...you have the Sun and it's rays.
Could you have one without the other, nope!
And like the Sun and it's rays ---they shine on the criminal and the saint.

And got your msg, bobjob, all good. xxoo

Old 04-03-2021, 12:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
............but that thought is a 'rub' against Theosophy.

The Original Poster was looking thru the lens of Theosophy. It would help to narrow down what is the Divine Spark if we knew more about his version of Theosophy.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.