Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 23-02-2021, 12:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Help me understand god and infinity

Since I was a child I was always in deep thought about this. One of the things that always seems to freak me out is understanding time with relationship to the afterlife.

I have come to the conclusion that there are topics that humans cannot wrap their heads around unless they are advanced but one of them if the concept of infinity. When I hear about past lives and reincarnation... when did it all start and where did we come from. I feel like I am missing something or maybe I am not meant to understand until I pass this dimension but where did god come from ?
Old 23-02-2021, 02:28 PM
Seems to me, with friendly respect, your questions are too big.
Even a champion bodybuilder starts with small weights and builds up.
A giant started with baby steps. Einstein started with 1+1=2.

So I can see why you are feeling 'freaked, can't wrap your head around things, missing something, maybe not meant to understand'.
Ask questions you could understand ---then read from the saints, mystics, scholars and scientists...
they've already done the work for you!!
Much can be found now in youtubes.
Reality explained for the lay person!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-02-2021, 02:47 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Infinity has always fascinated me at both the macro and micro level as far back as I can remember.

Maybe this will shed a small amount of light on the topic? https://youtu.be/6KhJlItAi9U
Old 23-02-2021, 03:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you both ! I agree... i am probably asking too large of a question ! It is just amazing how my mind completely shuts down when i think of infinity !
Old 23-02-2021, 03:35 PM
Master

I don't think that Infinity means what people think it means.

It does not mean that something has no end and no beginning, or in other words that it is of limitless size and age.

On the contrary, it simply means that something is limitless and boundless, in a growth phase, so to speak. So, there are no set limits on how big / old it can get, but that doesn't mean it will never stop growing or ageing.

The Universe we live in is a classic example of that.

Since the big bang, it has been in a continuous phase of growth, both in time and space (in other words, it keeps expanding in four dimensions, getting bigger physically and ageing at the same time), but it is still of a certain size and age, however vast. It is only as large and old as its own growth has allowed it to get. At some point, it will stop growing and ageing, then collapse back onto itself, annihilating both time and space in the process, going back into a Singularity, which is the very essence of Oneness, the lack of duality, dimensionality, change or even manifest existence.

So, in that sense, Infinity does not exist, it is a logical fallacy, confused with boundlessness or limitlessness, just because there is no theoretical limit to something in a growth phase, does no mean it has no beginning and no end, it simply means we have no way of knowing to what extent it will actually grow / age.
Old 23-02-2021, 09:12 PM
Master

Firstly, let us remember that the Big Bang is a theory which may be completely incorrect. Not all scientists accept that there was a Big Bang, a notable example being the astrophysicist Halton Arp whose work abolishes the foundation of the Big Bang theory, for which he was ostracized by the scientific community.

But to get back to the original questions, the mind is finite and can never understand infinity. The mind likes to put things into neat boxes and claim it understands, but some things are beyond our understanding.

Where did God come from? What do you mean by God? If you mean the Absolute then it did not come from anywhere, because that suggests there was something outside the Absolute from which the Absolute came, and thus the Absolute would not be absolute.

The mind tends to think in linear terms, and thus we think of effects having causes which themselves have causes and so on. The idea that there is a Causeless Cause at the heart of everything is difficult to grasp.

Regarding past lives, reincarnation, and where it all started, we need to have some idea of the nature of a human being and how the physical plane comes into existence. For me, the best explanations are given by Theosophy and the Alice Bailey teachings, based on cycles within cycles within cycles.

We live in a world of form, and all form is finite. But underlying form is formlessness which knows no limits, and that formlessness is our own nature.

Peace
Old 23-02-2021, 09:38 PM
Master

To add to the above, we can consider the mind as having two aspects, the lower concrete mind and the higher abstract mind. The lower concrete mind is very good at dealing with routine stuff whereas the higher abstract mind deals with higher principles. In order to grasp these deep philosophical issues we have to develop our higher abstract mind.

Beyond the mind there is intuition which is a spiritual faculty. Intuition bypasses normal mental processes to give direct insight into these questions.

Humanity is currently at the stage of developing the mental faculties, but for most people the abstract mind is still relatively undeveloped. In some future cycle of human evolution the abstract mind will be far more developed, and Humanity will be working on developing spiritual intuition.

Peace
Old 23-02-2021, 09:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnut2609
Since I was a child I was always in deep thought about this. One of the things that always seems to freak me out is understanding time with relationship to the afterlife.

I have come to the conclusion that there are topics that humans cannot wrap their heads around unless they are advanced but one of them if the concept of infinity. When I hear about past lives and reincarnation... when did it all start and where did we come from. I feel like I am missing something or maybe I am not meant to understand until I pass this dimension but where did god come from ?

Both are concepts people use to name something beyond the limits of their knowledge and comprehension.

People's limits vary, so the border where those concepts start to apply for some people is closer or farther than for others.

When we're born, there are no limits. As we get educated we adopt more and more limits, until we eventually have to pass on.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-02-2021, 05:23 PM
Pathfinder

Neville Goddard left in 1972, his teachings wake you up no matter what you believe, no one with God awake Braggs just love.
Old 28-02-2021, 05:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnut2609
... i am probably asking too large of a question ! It is just amazing how my mind completely shuts down when i think of infinity !
I like how modest the thought is. This question is also seen too large for us to. You may not want to then ask our perspective of it taking our inability to explain as the explanation, finalize the explanation sought. Are other minds, those asked, also shut down. Minds being the same. Your experience is our experience.