Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-01-2021, 06:59 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Personally, I don't use the word deterministic but say the universe is passive and it does not exceed itself. I believe the picture of karma imo is not complete. Our karma is in what we are ignoring. Is it random chance, no.

You bring up so many good questions I enjoy them very much.

It could be random chance, and yet, whether we ignore it or not, our Karma's may still play out....sooner or later. I don't know, but one would think it would take a bit longer if so. I don't know whether the picture of Karma is incomplete, only that I don't have a complete one. I do however, like to believe there is more then random chance, or just strict cause and effect in play. I like to think I have some say in it.

Questions I got, answer too, but I don't trust the latter so much.
Old 30-01-2021, 07:13 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
God pretending to be not-God? https://youtu.be/wU0PYcCsL6o
Thanks, I do love those Alan Watts vids. There are ...IDK how many good ones out there.

So then, is it just in the nature of God to be silly and deceive itself in this game of make believe? Or is there possible some other purpose? Some purpose into which this idea of Karma plays out?

BTW: As an aside, I do highly suspect God, be it me or not, of being quite the practical joker who delights in toying with me / us when the chance arises. Far too often I look at the events of life, and of the world, and my scientific mind want's to say they are random coincidences. However, the rest of my mind says no way, that is the work of God the joker, and there is a lesson there, but to see it, I have to learn to laugh at what a fool am I....are all of us humans.

Old 30-01-2021, 07:48 PM
Master
There's a reason for why we do what we do ..

What we do at some point reflects upon ourselves in some shape or form .

It might not be immediate, but at a point one contemplates upon what we do, or what we say that effects another .

How that makes us feel could be referred to as a karmic response .

This is why we do have a moral compass .

We have a conscience .

Time is irrelevant in these instances but something always happens .

Something always happens, that makes one look at themselves .

That is why there is the saying of what goes around comes around .

It's not about revenge or balancing the books per se, it about coming to terms with what is said and done .

What manifests as a result of this can be attributed to karma in action, the karmic wheel in motion etc etc .

x daz x
Old 30-01-2021, 09:06 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Thanks, I do love those Alan Watts vids. There are ...IDK how many good ones out there.

So then, is it just in the nature of God to be silly and deceive itself in this game of make believe? Or is there possible some other purpose? Some purpose into which this idea of Karma plays out?

BTW: As an aside, I do highly suspect God, be it me or not, of being quite the practical joker who delights in toying with me / us when the chance arises. Far too often I look at the events of life, and of the world, and my scientific mind want's to say they are random coincidences. However, the rest of my mind says no way, that is the work of God the joker, and there is a lesson there, but to see it, I have to learn to laugh at what a fool am I....are all of us humans.

Here's another way to look at it. It's all well and good to be the Absolute - God, Brahman, Sat-Chit-Ananda, Unified Field, whatever - resting in Its silent and blissful reverie for googolplex aeons, however at some point even that supreme contentment gets old so It decides a different perspective is in order, perhaps a googolplex different perspectives.

Problem is if It retains knowledge of Its inherent identity and nature in all the different forms that kind of defeats the purpose of the exercise, so along with projecting Itself as the multiplicity it also veils Itself from Itself. It gets to experience Itself from uncountable perspectives and beyond that It gets to also experience Itself rediscovering Itself uncountable times.

The joke is not only on us but it's of our own making, the ultimate inside joke. LOL!
Old 30-01-2021, 09:39 PM
Deactivated Account
People don't get what they deserve, they simply get what they get. So for me karma is a joke... And if someone has the guts to say that children (and adults) are suffering from cancer or any kind of nasty disease for the sake of ''life lesson'' or ''past life karma'' then they are a horrible excuse for a human being and worth less than a dungbeetle. Just my opinion.
Old 30-01-2021, 10:04 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Here's another way to look at it. It's all well and good to be the Absolute - God, Brahman, Sat-Chit-Ananda, Unified Field, whatever - resting in Its silent and blissful reverie for googolplex aeons, however at some point even that supreme contentment gets old so It decides a different perspective is in order, perhaps a googolplex different perspectives.

Problem is if It retains knowledge of Its inherent identity and nature in all the different forms that kind of defeats the purpose of the exercise, so along with projecting Itself as the multiplicity it also veils Itself from Itself. It gets to experience Itself from uncountable perspectives and beyond that It gets to also experience Itself rediscovering Itself uncountable times.

The joke is not only on us but it's of our own making, the ultimate inside joke. LOL!

God's a yukster alright. But how does Karma play into all that...or does it?
Old 30-01-2021, 10:10 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor
People don't get what they deserve, they simply get what they get. So for me karma is a joke... And if someone has the guts to say that children (and adults) are suffering from cancer or any kind of nasty disease for the sake of ''life lesson'' or ''past life karma'' then they are a horrible excuse for a human being and worth less than a dungbeetle. Just my opinion.
What do you got against dung beetles. Are you going to roll the elephant poop away so other don't step on it? Besides, it is not dung beetles making a mess of the planet, they are recyclers. If Karma is real, they may have better karma in the next life then you....they may even end up trading places with you. How would you fancy being a dung beetle for ... probably only a few months, IDK.

So, if some mother or father wants to believe that there is some meaning behind the death of their child, even if they can't understand what that is, are you going to tell them their death was meaningless, just random chance and nothing more? That as far as nature is concerned, the child had no more or less value then a dung beetle.
Old 30-01-2021, 11:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
What do you got against dung beetles. Are you going to roll the elephant poop away so other don't step on it? Besides, it is not dung beetles making a mess of the planet, they are recyclers. If Karma is real, they may have better karma in the next life then you....they may even end up trading places with you. How would you fancy being a dung beetle for ... probably only a few months, IDK.

So, if some mother or father wants to believe that there is some meaning behind the death of their child, even if they can't understand what that is, are you going to tell them their death was meaningless, just random chance and nothing more? That as far as nature is concerned, the child had no more or less value then a dung beetle.

lol, touché. Well on the bright side, if I ended up as a dung beetle I probably woudn't even be able to realise the situation I'm in, so.... I'd probably do my job instinctively whitout complaining for a few months, whereas the dungbeetle who traded places with me might actually regret having to live my life from beginning to end.

On top of that, I'd question the sanity of the parents if they genuinely believe their child's death has any significant meaning like ''oh well, Jack probably had it coming because he was a bad boy in his previous life''. Something like that would literally leave me speechless whitout the risk of me saying anything that could spark an outrage.
Old 31-01-2021, 01:49 AM
ketzer

Quote:
lol, touché. Well on the bright side, if I ended up as a dung beetle I probably woudn't even be able to realise the situation I'm in, so.... I'd probably do my job instinctively whitout complaining for a few months, whereas the dungbeetle who traded places with me might actually regret having to live my life from beginning to end.

On top of that, I'd question the sanity of the parents if they genuinely believe their child's death has any significant meaning like ''oh well, Jack probably had it coming because he was a bad boy in his previous life''. Something like that would literally leave me speechless whitout the risk of me saying anything that could spark an outrage.
Or perhaps you would be an unhappy dung beetle, rolling Eeyore's dung around in his stick pile, and he would be a bright and cheery Dargor. Hard to see into the next life or know what baggage we may bring with us.

Anyway, I think most people do look for meaning in life and/or death. If one cannot know whether it is there or not, then perhaps it is better to hold to the hope that it is. I prefer the story with animals.

I was thinking of something a bit more nebulous than, "Oh well, junior is dead, must have had it coming." That I believe was Job's friends error, and it cost them a burnt offering.

"So tell me, since it makes no factual difference to you and you can't prove the question either way, which story do you prefer? Which is the better story, the story with animals or the story without animals?" Life of Pi
Old 31-01-2021, 03:27 AM
Master
Quote:

Well said, and I totally agree, end of story.