Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 21-12-2020, 11:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon
Again, sorry if I offended you inavalan. Could you please explain why channelers constantly contradict each other, and by what criteria we can know that a revelation is genuine and not just something retrieved from the psychic field?

Thanks very much - interested to hear your thoughts.
You haven't offended me. I just commented about your sententious commenting. I don't affiliate myself with psychics or mediums, and I believe that there are quite a number of fakes and self-deluded among those who pretend to be. It is just that you can't say that about all of them.

Regarding "why channelers constantly contradict each other" ... Leaving aside the fakes and self-deluded, there are two reasons that immediately come to mind:
  • all channeling information is distorted
    • due to the channel's beliefs, emotions, expectations
    • because the non-physical information can't be fully interpreted with the physical senses, hence it is translated and suffers losses, and distortions
  • free will: both future and past are continuously created / selected from the available probabilities in the present moment, which is the point of power
Regarding "by what criteria we can know that a revelation is genuine" ... Obviously use the channel's track record, and consider what I wrote above. You can't ever be sure. The good side is that you have much more control over what'll happen than most people believe.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.

Last edited by inavalan : 22-12-2020 at 12:06 AM.
Old 21-12-2020, 11:37 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You haven't offended me. I just commented about your sententious commenting. I don't affiliate myself with psychics or mediums, and I believe that there are quite a number of fakes and self-deluded among those who pretend to be. It is just you can't say that about all of them.

Thanks for your reply. Not sure if you read my whole post or just Miss Hepburn's quote, but I didn't actually say that about all of them. I said there are genuine psychics. Channelers - not so in my experience. If they can't produce a single, consistent message throughout their various channelings then the only logical conclusion I can come up with is that they don't possess a channel to the single, eternal, immutable truth - but rather to some other spiritual reservoir not in the realm of the absolute. I don't deny the possibility that a few exceptionally gifted people might possess this channel, but we don't appear to have any absolute, objective criteria by which to determine which revelations are genuine. Even Christ and Buddha - two of the greatest masters ever to live - have many aspects to their teaching that don't agree.

Additional: just saw your edit with the points about why channeled information is distorted. Seems like we practically agree in what we're saying anyway. You say it all comes from source but is distorted by our ego, beliefs etc. etc. I say that's possible, but given the information is distorted, I see no reason to assume it's from the Source just because the channeler sees it that way. It's not really that important anyway; it appears we agree that the information is distorted which is the main point I was making.
Old 21-12-2020, 11:39 PM
Quote:
No offence intended to anyone. But I've discovered exactly the same thing on here - the channelers frequently contradict each other. If anyone here does genuinely take offence at the apparently ignorant, ill-informed opinion of some anonymous person on an internet forum, it does tend to demonstrate what I said about questioning a person's ability being an affront to their identity. Regrettable if I caused any offence, but don't see any reason to change my opinion as it reflects my genuine experience.
Opinions are fine! Your experiences are fine!
I do believe in knowing your audience.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-12-2020, 11:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. Not sure if you read my whole post or just Miss Hepburn's quote, but I didn't actually say that about all of them. I said there are genuine psychics. Channelers - not so in my experience. If they can't produce a single, consistent message throughout their various channelings then the only logical conclusion I can come up with is that they don't possess a channel to the single, eternal, immutable truth - but rather to some other spiritual reservoir not in the realm of the absolute. I don't deny the possibility that a few exceptionally gifted people might possess this channel, but we don't appear to have any absolute, objective criteria by which to determine which revelations are genuine. Even Christ and Buddha - two of the greatest masters ever to live - have many aspects to their teaching that don't agree.

Additional: just saw your edit with the points about why channeled information is distorted. Seems like we practically agree in what we're saying anyway. You say it all comes from source but is distorted by our ego, beliefs etc. etc. I say that's possible, but given the information is distorted, I see no reason to assume it's from the Source just because the channeler sees it that way. It's not really that important anyway; it appears we agree that the information is distorted which is the main point I was making.
I replied successively to several points in your referred post, and haven't fully read your original post, as I wasn't interested in the whole justification. My intention was, initially, to comment only about sententious opinions.

I believe there is no single, eternal, immutable truth, no single Source. I didn't mention "ego" either. You used here some New Age widely misused and debatable notions, I don't care to get deeper into.

From all the channels I'm aware of, Jane Roberts / Seth and Frank Demarco / TGU are the best, but I'm quite sure they have their own distortions.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-12-2020, 10:42 AM
Master
I was helped by some 'legit' magicians and shamans.They didn't claim they were legit or something.They just did what they were capable to do,i witnessed it first hand,therefore i know they weren't frauds.

When someone pops up astraly in your room,knowing you only by your online avatar,and you feel what's he doing to you,it's a solid proof that the dude is a legit astral projector.
Old 22-12-2020, 12:35 PM
Knower

Er, sorry, who deleted my message here and why?
Old 22-12-2020, 01:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Er, sorry, who deleted my message here and why?

That would be one of the administrators of this website - you'd need to ask her why.....
Old 22-12-2020, 02:12 PM
Administrator
I have sent you a pm.

Namaste
Old 22-12-2020, 05:28 PM
Deactivated Account
I expect administrators/moderators will likely hold different points of view and, importantly, theirs are the ones that count.
Old 23-12-2020, 07:19 AM
Master
For me things are simple.You claim in public that you're legit?You have to prove it then.