Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 03-12-2016, 03:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Now just to clarify why it is not synonymous to the sushumna channel. Sushumna is in the spine. The governing channel, dumai, or 督脉, is on the back of the body.

Hi wanchain,

Yes I need to clarify that. You are correct, the dumai and renmai acupuncture points run along the back and front of the body (outside). But when the needle is inserted, it runs along an energy channel and into the sushumna channel, so it's associated with the sushumna.

On my blog I have these images showing what the needle is pointing to that is in the subtle body within the physical body.

It starts at the level of skin but ends deep inside entering into a minor chakra point. That's what I'm researching.

When I do the microcosmic orbit meditation I am working the sushumna channel within. This is Taoist neidan (inner alchemy) that Mantak Chia writes about.

Thanks again for your interest and help.

Uma
Old 07-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Hi wanchain,

Yes I need to clarify that. You are correct, the dumai and renmai acupuncture points run along the back and front of the body (outside). But when the needle is inserted, it runs along an energy channel and into the sushumna channel, so it's associated with the sushumna.

On my blog I have these images showing what the needle is pointing to that is in the subtle body within the physical body.

It starts at the level of skin but ends deep inside entering into a minor chakra point. That's what I'm researching.

When I do the microcosmic orbit meditation I am working the sushumna channel within. This is Taoist neidan (inner alchemy) that Mantak Chia writes about.

Thanks again for your interest and help.

Uma

Sorry, I didn't see your message until now. And sorry if I sounded arrogant earlier.

You brought out an interesting point for me to ponder on. I don't know sushumna well, but I know the dumai well enough, because my acupuncturist would poke needles into some of those points, and they're outside the spine. Sushumna is inside the spine. So okay, the dumai can extend toward the inside of the spine you say? I guess it's possible.

There is another reason I think they're different. Sushumna is neutral, not yin not yang, because the two channels beside it are the yin and the yang channels, and so sushumna is the neutral channel that you go to for inner balance. Dumai is a yang channel, and has the power to guard and govern. So the nature and function of them seem different.

Perhaps at some level they will merge as one and the same, but I guess that you will have to find out.

Wanchain
Old 08-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Master
Thanks Wanchain. I didn't think you sounded arrogant at all. Thank you for your honest sharings. I really appreciate them. I need to know when I'm not explaining things well.

You inspired me to write a post about this on my blog so I'm clear about what I mean to other people: link

Thanks again :)
Uma

Last edited by Uma : 08-12-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Thanks Wanchain. I didn't think you sounded arrogant at all. Thank you for your honest sharings. I really appreciate them. I need to know when I'm not explaining things well.

You inspired me to write a post about this on my blog so I'm clear about what I mean to other people: link

Thanks again :)
Uma

Hi Uma,

I roughly get your blog. I think in terms of analogies and images, so your explanation is easy to understand.

The stepping down concept is new to me, but it makes sense, that the life energy, although abundant in the universe, needs to step down, to a level that our physical body can use.

The way I understand you, is that the chakra system is talking about energy flow at a higher level whereas the acupuncture concept is talking about energy at a stepped down level in the body. The sushumna is connected to the dumai, but they are on different levels.

The four subtle layers (of energy?) that you alluded to, is that outside the physical body? As part of the aura? Each layer is aligned or connected to a specific major chakra, by way of its vibrational frequency? Energy that goes into each chakra has to be further stepped down to enter the meridians?

When I went for my acupuncture sessions, my acupuncturist said he could help pull in more energy into my body by poking needles here and there. I never asked how I could acquire more energy just from having needles on me, but I guessed energy could directly enter my body through those acupoints, or more specifically, through stimulation of those acupoints. Is that your understanding?

If I comprehend the above correctly, then I think I understand my experiences more. I had received a couple sessions of Reconnective Healing, which is supposed to help me connect to the universe better. Prior to that, I had one session of Axiatonal Alignment, and what I noticed most was its balancing effect, not so much the connection to the universe. Anyway, to tie back to your blog, these few days, I try to plug my body in to the universal energy grid, as I need to "recharge" (I suffer from energy deficiency since I was a kid). I feel a vague, faint, light, subtle flow of energy in my body, going in whichever direction it likes. I am not sure if it is a recharge of energy from the universe, or whether that flow is my own energy, but I only know that when I am consciously plugged in, the flow is stronger.

I am not good at directing energy to flow along a certain meridian. What I mean is, I can get energy to flow from one point to another, say from head to toe, but if you tell me to move it along so-and-so meridian, I cannot do it. So when I direct the flow, the energy is not moving along inside a certain meridian. This is something that truly baffled my acupuncturist. He had seen many patients, perhaps 10,000, but had never seen one like me. Every time when he pokes a needle in me, he expects the energy to travel down a certain meridian, but it doesn't. What can be expected from my body is that the energy around the needle, in an area about 1.5" (max) radius, may be stimulated.

I think my energy doesn't flow very well inside my meridians, although I can definitely sense the flow quite distinctly on, in, and around my body. I wonder if it is because the energy cannot step down. Does this make sense to you?

Wanchain
Old 09-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Master
wow a lot of questions I can't answer. I am not an acupuncture doctor. I have no training in TCM. I can only say what I know from experience and my spiritual teacher. And sometimes in using words coming from different systems of thought it gets really confusing. My thing is to keep it simple.

Quote:
The four subtle layers (of energy?) that you alluded to, is that outside the physical body? As part of the aura? Each layer is aligned or connected to a specific major chakra, by way of its vibrational frequency? Energy that goes into each chakra has to be further stepped down to enter the meridians?

We are spiritual, mental and physical beings. You can subdivide the "mental" however you like. The mental part of us is the soul and its various energy fields of subtle energy - in Sanskrit prana, in Chinese chi. There are different vibrations of energy. The more gross it is, the closer to the physical - the more refined and subtle (harder to perceive) the closer to the spiritual. The aura is our energy field, a combination of all these energies.

Energy has to be stepped down from the Source. The power that moves a planet can't enter into your body without exploding you. It needs to be stepped down. The chakras do this. And we also block energy.

Quote:
When I went for my acupuncture sessions, my acupuncturist said he could help pull in more energy into my body by poking needles here and there. I never asked how I could acquire more energy just from having needles on me, but I guessed energy could directly enter my body through those acupoints, or more specifically, through stimulation of those acupoints. Is that your understanding?

I only had one experience of acupuncture. The needle felt hot to me. They said that wasn't supposed to happen. I never went back. I do know from reiki that life force energy enters from the Source, through me as a conduit and into the other person, if my heart chakra is open. Also I had a great reflexology experience where the person pulled up on my big toe and I felt the energy rise up my head, so it must have travelled along a meridian. So I know both ways can work - either the person is a conduit or the point is correctly stimulated.

Quote:
If I comprehend the above correctly, then I think I understand my experiences more. I had received a couple sessions of Reconnective Healing, which is supposed to help me connect to the universe better.
A lot of people make claims like that... Connecting to the universe is about you going within and knowing what your center feels like and having that intention and the universe responding. My teacher helped me connect by awakening my Kundalini through his power, and then my own Kundalini took over and the connection is there all the time (to a degree).

Quote:
Prior to that, I had one session of Axiatonal Alignment, and what I noticed most was its balancing effect, not so much the connection to the universe. Anyway, to tie back to your blog, these few days, I try to plug my body in to the universal energy grid, as I need to "recharge" (I suffer from energy deficiency since I was a kid). I feel a vague, faint, light, subtle flow of energy in my body, going in whichever direction it likes. I am not sure if it is a recharge of energy from the universe, or whether that flow is my own energy, but I only know that when I am consciously plugged in, the flow is stronger.

I am not good at directing energy to flow along a certain meridian. What I mean is, I can get energy to flow from one point to another, say from head to toe, but if you tell me to move it along so-and-so meridian, I cannot do it. So when I direct the flow, the energy is not moving along inside a certain meridian. This is something that truly baffled my acupuncturist. He had seen many patients, perhaps 10,000, but had never seen one like me. Every time when he pokes a needle in me, he expects the energy to travel down a certain meridian, but it doesn't. What can be expected from my body is that the energy around the needle, in an area about 1.5" (max) radius, may be stimulated.

I think my energy doesn't flow very well inside my meridians, although I can definitely sense the flow quite distinctly on, in, and around my body. I wonder if it is because the energy cannot step down. Does this make sense to you?

Wanchain

Don't be hard on yourself. It took a long time for me to be able to move prana at will. Kundalini awakening solved everything for me. In the first stage you squeeze the muscles, next focusing on the breath, just breathing, brings in prana. But when you use your mind to focus too, it's even more powerful. And once you can feel the Divine moving in and through you, the prana moves on its own without your help (but you can work with it too).

I can't tell you whether your energy is flowing in your meridians. No idea. Some has to be or you would be dead lol.
Old 27-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Ascender

Hi Uma,

Thanks for the explanation. Sorry for not replying earlier--was distracted from some big life lessons that I had to deal with.

Yeah, in the last little while, I did learn that energy in the body is of different levels of fineness. And the physical body is of different levels of crudeness.

Are you a healer? Is that your calling?

Yeah, lately, I have also been experimenting with connecting with the universe, and finally understood that "going within". I used to think it's like our skin establishing cobweb-type strains of energy to the universe.

I can only move very fine prana. Earlier we said that there are different levels of fineness of energies in and around the body. That should be roughly the same for every one? I only sense the finer energies in me, I don't know what happen to the coarser ones ~~

Wanchain