Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 25-09-2020, 04:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I fancied that might be the situation. The SNU's Seven Principles don't include anything about reincarnation and the body neither supports nor denies its veracity. As such it wouldn't be allowed in an address on church platforms or from anyone in any official capacity elsewhere.

My approach is that I have no doubt at all that it's true but I'm sure details are likely to be skewed, misrepresented and misunderstood - and there is also no specific proof.

I am totally comfortable with my approach.

I think you will agree, Spiritualism became divided over reincarnation.

When you are over in the UK, are there any really good Churches to go to?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-09-2020, 07:00 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I think you will agree, Spiritualism became divided over reincarnation.

When you are over in the UK, are there any really good Churches to go to?

Last point first - yes there are!

Unlike in the USA, though, there is a very large network of Spiritualist churches in the UK in a very small landmass. I can't tell you they're all as good as one another because that's partly down to their organising committees but those affiliated to the SNU have similar aims.

Spiritualists - or those just interested or curious - may have a selection of churches within a radius of just a few miles, depending on where they live. I have half a dozen within spitting distance of my home town and another half dozen a little further away for example.

Most offer demonstrations of mediumship, a so-called Divine Service on Sunday evening, healing days and perhaps development. If those aspects are your idea of "really good churches" then, yes, there are quite a few!

As for reincarnation I'm really not sure it's been that divisive although I personally regret Spiritualism doesn't have concrete guidance. On the other hand it was never a deal-breaker for me but, then, I'm a very simple soul.

I found sufficient guidance elsewhere and it's complimentary to the simple teaching and guidance I first learned within Spiritualism. Beyond Spiritualism's simple message of survival I can't reconcile life without embracing the principle of multiple lives for most of us if not for all of us.

To properly comprehend why that's the case it needs a broader look at what spiritual life and progression is all about anyway. As I know you are already aware. Many, though, have a ways to go before they get it.
Old 26-09-2020, 08:11 PM
Master
The funniest service I ever saw was in Indianapolis, Indiana. When the group I was with arrived, nobody was in the audience. Just before the talk was over, people started to arrive. After the talk was Messages. When the person got their Message, they left. Never saw anything like that!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The funniest service I ever saw was in Indianapolis, Indiana. When the group I was with arrived, nobody was in the audience. Just before the talk was over, people started to arrive. After the talk was Messages. When the person got their Message, they left. Never saw anything like that!

Takes all kinds to make a world.....
Old 26-09-2020, 09:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Takes all kinds to make a world.....

LOL!

You took the words right out of my mouth!