Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 04-10-2021, 01:13 PM
JustASimpleGuy

It's not "Now" that's significant, it's the Knower of past, present, future, space, time, causality, yada, yada, yada. "Now" is firmly and fully of and within Maya.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It's not "Now" that's significant, it's the Knower... "Now" is firmly and fully of and within Maya.
Correct! Babysteps, tho...the Knower would be the next thing! Lol!
And anything we see when our eyes are open is not real.
(Looks VERY real - otherwise it wouldn't be called an Illusion.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-10-2021, 01:55 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
The foundation, core and truth is not the past or future, as your post suggests. The NOW is free from the mental construct and thing of the past and future.
Any suggestions are yours, not mine. There is a 'space' where there is no 'Now', no Absolute or anything else, because they too are mental constructs. There is just what IS, nothing more.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
There is a 'space' where there is no 'Now', no Absolute or anything else,
because they too are mental constructs. There is just what IS, nothing more.
Have you experienced this 'space'?

I agree with MikeS80, The foundation, core and truth is not the past or future....The NOW is free from the
mental construct and things of the past and future.

Sounds like he has been there, cuz yeah...no mental construct there, in fact, there is nothing there, no thing, BUT the Absolute -
the One, the Only, Pure Awareness/Consciousness.
And may I take this opportunity to say, "And Whoa".
But, hey, maybe your experience was different.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-10-2021, 02:43 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
And hi, Greenslade, when I am just in the moment or now...sorry, for me, there is nothing, absolutely nothing that comes into my mind about the past or any future.
There is a difference between experiencing the passage of time and having thoughts of past or future. And we can exist in Tolle's Now all we like but yet still experience the passage of time as the sun moves across the sky or the traffic moves form here to there. What I'm talking about is not having thoughts of past or present but not experiencing any time whatsoever. For me there is a 'place' where all the mental constructs that have been used to describe the Now - it being the Absolute, Oneness and a few other things - and even the Now itself simply don't exist.

There is nothing to take in when you are aware of being awareness.

I get 'in the zone' every time I go out with my camera, because I always lose any sense of the passage of time, or any thought of past or future. That comes easy to me. But even with being in the Now and beyond any thought of past or future there is still the perception of time passing.

What I would be mightily impressed by is someone telling me where wrinkles come from if there is no time, and what's with those cute photos of me as a child if there is no time? And if there is no time, how can we become conscious of its passing?
Old 04-10-2021, 03:31 PM
Master

Quote:
What I would be mightily impressed by is someone telling me where wrinkles come from if there is no time, and what's with those cute photos of me as a child if there is no time? And if there is no time, how can we become conscious of its passing?

Change. Everything changes: from a child to a wrinkled old man to a withering corpse disintegrating into dust. Change is perceivable through the comparison of "pictures" stored in the memory banks of consciousness or your computer hard drive.

Becoming conscious of change is one thing, measuring the rate of change is another. You can measure the rate of change of the child (i.e. growth) by comparing it to the change of a sapling as it grows into a tree, or by counting the number of sunrises. It's when the consciousness connects the sunrises by counting them the way one threads a string through colored beads that "we" become conscious of "time" passing. Time is the mind-made string connecting the beads. The beads are material facts. The string is not.

Wow, this is real meditation. I need a drink, and someone needs to pay for it. Nothing is free.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Thanks, for the reply.
RE wrinkles and time 'here' - this' how I would put it, take it or leave it...

This place is made a certain way...and that includes gravity, needing air, aging, criminals as neighbors...but that is just
the 3rd dimension we agreed to come to along with forgetting about there being no time, transporting by thought alone,
manifesting fast by thought alone...in other words life in the Non-physical world.

This place is in it's own little weird dream capsule...
Actually this 'little place' is the whole physical Universe we look out at on a clear night.
What a stage we are on! Where nothing is what it appears to be!
Ha, read, "The Disappearance of the Universe"!

I does help to have experienced no time..like in an NDE.
I also helps when you read 100 stories of being on the Other Side meeting loved ones that reverted back to being 30...not 80 anymore.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I know the experience I had at 18 months like it was yesterday it is THAT vivid..looking at 'things/objects' as if floating; simply 'looking', not even in wonderment or really even questioning, and no awe, either.
Why hold on to the memory of the experience you had when you were 18 months, When that was the past, not the NOW?
Old 04-10-2021, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It's not "Now" that's significant, it's the Knower of past, present, future, space, time, causality, yada, yada, yada. "Now" is firmly and fully of and within Maya.
A real or true Knower of the past, present, future, space, time, causality, yada, yada, yada, will know that the past, present, future, space, time, causality, yada, yada, yada, is the NOW as a whole, and therefore will never say the NOW is not significant and that the NOW is within maya. You saying the NOW is within maya is maya.

EDIT: A real or true Knower of the past, present, future, space, time, causality, yada, yada, yada, will know that the past, present, future, space, time, causality, yada, yada, yada, will also know that Consciousness/being conscious and aware happens in the NOW, not in the past.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Any suggestions are yours, not mine. There is a 'space' where there is no 'Now', no Absolute or anything else, because they too are mental constructs. There is just what IS, nothing more.
You are the one that said that the Now only exists in relation to the past, which is not true. The past exists in relation to the NOW. Our memory of our past creates the past, the NOW does not create our/the past.

If oneness-wholeness is not truth/the absolute, then what is truth?

The just what IS, is a mental construct for everything that we are conscious/aware of that exists in the NOW, and is another way of saying to not ignore and escape what we are conscious/aware of in the NOW, both mentally and physically.

EDIT: the just what is, is a mental construct to help us stop separating and dividing oneness-wholeness into opposites. Duality and non-duality is a prime example of this. Duality does not matter, because duality is non-duality.