Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 30-06-2021, 02:55 PM
Guide

Something pretending to be my relatives

I moved into a new place last year. Finally, last night, I had a dream that was based in this new property. Beforehand, most of my dreams were based in my old home (if not somewhere else) although it's understandable considering I lived most of my life there.

Coincidentally, about a month or so ago, my closest relatives moved away from their own property. I'm happy for them but at the same time have struggled with it because, combined with the pandemic and other things, I've pretty much lost the entirety of my social/support group. There are also children among those relatives who, despite us having had a wonderful relationship, already seem to be forgetting about me and have lost interest in maintaining contact. It has recently put me into downward spiral. My negative energy has unfortunately been picking up in a really big way, making life quite difficult at times.

That's the back story. In terms of the dream, I was alone in the kitchen at night when I began to hear my relatives calling for me from upstairs. I was confused by it because I knew I was in the property alone and I couldn't remember them coming in. Nonetheless, I went upstairs. They were calling me from one of the rooms across the hall, but it didn't have a light on. I still couldn't shake this knowing within me that they hadn't come in and that something wasn't right about it. I entered the room but couldn't see them despite them continuing to call for me in pleasant tones. I immediately in that moment believed there was malice and that I was being called by something else rather than my actual relatives. With that in mind, I told them to show themselves, at which point my relatives appeared, smiley and upbeat. I didn't seem to be too bothered about it despite how I interpreted the situation. We went back into the hall where they then wanted to cross the hallway past the stairs to enter my bedroom, the door to which was closed. It was the only room with a closed door. That for me is a private and personal space perhaps as it is for most people. Anyway, I started to walk in that direction but stopped at the stairs. I suddenly felt that there was something negative about allowing them (whoever they actually were) into that particular space and that it would be potentially harmful to me, so I declined and instead led them back downstairs.

I don't remember anything after that.

Any thoughts?
Old 30-06-2021, 05:27 PM
Knower

Holding resentment isn't a good thing.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:07 PM
asearcher

Hi Sunset Dragon!

I'm no good at interprenting dreams but I notice you too have the thing about being in homes and feeling presence of something just like I do.

Could be the negative being (when my third eye was real open I could actually see the being at the side of my bed before I shook it off) tapped into the negative emotions you now carry as you are in the process of dealing with the move and consequences of your relatives that you cherish but feel left behind?

I have lots of times in dreams been going into places and homes that are not my own but I still recgonise myself there and I go from one room to the next or it is that I am being shown a room after having first felt a presence and I think it is from a memory-based room. In one of those dreams the presence asked me if I knew how to find someone and then showed me a photograph of a female, from the look of it from the 1960's or around that time.

Even in my waked state if I am relaxed while working I am suddenly outside or inside a home. I don't know what's up with me LOL.

I have had visitation dream too in the surrounding of a home where I use to live before but then it was sold. I think it could be because it had such a strong attachment to the presence of the one who visited me in the dream?

You don't have to answer this at all but I just want to say that kids around certain ages - they don't think so much about getting back, and be in contact and so forth, I don't think their brains are wired that way, it doesn't mean they don't care for you. Too a certain age they got so much going on and lots of friends and so on, so I guess I wish to say please don't take it personal. I use to be a little taken back by it and think to myself but what about me?? (LOL) til I understood that its just how they are wired and it's perfectly normal.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:49 PM
Guide

Thanks Matty. Whether it's to others, ourselves, or even some aspect of our lives, it's certainly important to remember to let go of any resentment.

Asearcher, thanks for your feedback. It's interesting to hear your experiences. One thing that intrigues me is that in all of my dreams that have taken place in a home, I can't for the life of me ever recall being in a kitchen! A lot of them have been concentrated in and around bathrooms - a world of emotions and blockages and all of that sort of stuff, no doubt. I had one recently in which abnormally large spiders were flocking around the bathroom doorway. I've had that one many times before. It's that or the sink or toilet starts overflowing - yikes! Another recent dream that was fairly unique, although I'm sure I've had it once or twice in the past, involved me attempting to open the bedroom door from inside, at which point it came off and acted like a float defying gravity. Another door had taken its place in the doorway. Meanwhile, I was standing on the downed door, wondering if I could soar through the sky with it, except my weight on it kept pushing it back to the ground.

As far as presences, I'm not sure but I've certainly dealt with some questionable things in dreams, which is saying something considering dreams in their nature are usually completely out there. Kids are... kids. I do realise and appreciate their minds work a certain way. Their ability to worry and think not about things we grown ups bother ourselves about is admirable in some respects. The trouble I have is that before I met them, life was shaky. I ended up finding such a great deal of life and strength through them, which in the process included spending so much time with them, that I knew one day it would probably bite me. In some ways, I feel like I've been reminded that they're my family but they're also not if you know what I mean. I had the same thing long ago with cousins who I grew up feeling so close to that they were like brothers and sisters to me. I saw them all the time. Then, suddenly, I didn't. Their mother had some personal issues come up and she didn't want people visiting anymore. Just like that, our connection rapidly dried up and I very quickly came to learn that the way I felt about those relatives was not mutual at all. They were indeed brothers and sisters, but I was not one of them despite how I felt. I never got invited to spend time with them anymore or anything like that and they all grew up together and went on with their own lives while I ended up feeling left behind. With my immediate relatives moving away now, it sort of feels the same. They're not really interested in keeping contact all of a sudden and I'm just here realising how alone I unfortunately feel. Interestingly, now that I mention all of it and as far as the cousins I mentioned are concerned, a lot of my dreams over the years took place in their childhood home where, in those dreams, I did from time to time feel discomfort over a potentially negative presence I just always seemed to feel was there. Bizarre.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:03 PM
Knower

In old school spiritual circles. They would call this our Shadow....which is part of us not a separate being all together.
An extremely important concept that is lost within the realm of the internet.

Last edited by Matty : 01-07-2021 at 07:41 PM.