Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Poetry

Old 01-11-2023, 11:58 PM
Pathfinder

Newbies to poetry

Thought I would post this, as I absolutely love reading poetry, and hope one day I can gain enough knowledge to write poetry as beautifully as we see it here from our members on this forum, and famous poets, I think we should encourage poetry for all, no matter if you are a learner or master of poetry, there is always a beginning to this art we shy upon, so I thought I would write this to encourage all to give it a go, being an introvert I always feel poetry yet struggle to express it, but if we don’t try how will we learn? So here i start the beginning of the art, and hope you will all be a part.

Book of Poetry

Poetry, poetry, where shall I be,
Rules and grammar, stopping me still
Write from the heart, not the mind.

Rules and math are all a disguise,
Reason and treason are just a rhyme,
The ocean knows how to disguise,
Waves and ripples in the mind,
Steadied by a spirits mind.

Now you know I do not rhyme,
Speak to me from your heart, not mind.
Ignore all those who need a rhyme,
The pattern speaks, without math or rhyme

I am Lakota I am no surprise,
Above or below I do not rhyme,
think within or without
Take a closer look!

I am just a book
A book of knowledge
If you open up.

I do not shake, I am no spear,
There is no Romeo here,
I do not thy, and do not shall,
Just be yourself,
Give it a go!

I would love to welcome any newbies to give it a go, and welcome our higher poet members to help us excel, giving us advice and learn from them, this is the space we can all come together connected and share knowledge to excel. Let’s help each other and together we can create and expand this beautiful art!

Last edited by Wisteria : 02-11-2023 at 09:13 AM.