Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 01-03-2017, 10:58 AM
Master
I have noticed that often men choose different crystals from women. Not sure if this is a given of course. But have often seen men pick crystals that really don't do anything at all for me. For instance bismuth, pyrite, that sort of thing.
My BF picked a titanium aura quartz, he liked bismuth too. I've never seen a woman buy bismuth, although I'm sure it'll happen.
I'm more into 'feeling' crystals. For instance opals -'watery' stones'- are mostly about emotions. The square shape of bismuth, the colours of it, totally off-putting to me, hihi.

In general I prefer clear and semi-clear crystals with rainbows in them. Gotta have rainbows, love them so so much!! Can make me all star-eyed :)

New types of crystals are being discovered regularly... There's so many in my fave crystal shop that I cannot even pronounce the names of -nor remember- and each time they travel to get more crystals, they come back with new types.
I bought a thin, tumbled prairie tanzanite last time. Pink zoisite with purple jade. I had never heard of prairie tanzanite. I love it though! Very feminine stone :p

Fire opal, haven't got that (yet). I did buy a fire agate last year. I needed it then for my 2nd chakra.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
I guess I'm not a fan of the crystals that aren't really crystally ( I know that's not a word ) like jasper and turquoise.
Having a fascination for stone is really why I collect crystals. Some favorite stones are slate coffee coasters
Even as a kid I'd bring home rocks of every shape and color I could find.

My latest acquisition is a slice of Picture Jasper.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:01 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I have noticed that often men choose different crystals from women. Not sure if this is a given of course. But have often seen men pick crystals that really don't do anything at all for me. For instance bismuth, pyrite, that sort of thing.
My BF picked a titanium aura quartz, he liked bismuth too. I've never seen a woman buy bismuth, although I'm sure it'll happen.
I'm more into 'feeling' crystals. For instance opals -'watery' stones'- are mostly about emotions. The square shape of bismuth, the colours of it, totally off-putting to me, hihi.

Well I guess you can't generalize, I thought I knew what crystals women like, but ya never know suppose.

Hey I'm gonna blow your mind for a sec. My wife discovered bismuth and thought it was very cool. To be honest I think I liked it more than her, but she liked it enough to show me a sample and consider buying some.

Then we discovered it was not natural and came from a lab, which was off-putting to both of us, especially me. Nothing wrong with lab grown specimens but I decided when I first started collecting that I was only going to collect 100 % natural specimens, after all, part if my fascination is that these beauties come from the earth

You are kind of right for the most part about men liking different crystals than women. My wife and I have been collecting crystals for a while, she likes the smaller polished specimens and I prefer larger uncut clusters, however our tastes and likes will often cross over each other's collections to some degree.

To clarify this somewhat, there will be crystals we both like but maybe one likes it more than the other. I really love my labradorite slab and my wife likes it. I really like her amythyst crystal ball but she loves it. I really love my black quartz cluster and she likes it. She really loves her multi coloured tourmaline and I like it.

That's kind of simplifying it, but sort of the idea There are some that we both absolutely love, like my 10 LBS rainbow fluorite, I originally was going to get this for myself, but when my wife saw this amazing specimen it immediately became " our " rainbow fluorite.

I guess all of our crystals are " both " of ours, but for the most part the large uncut pieces are my collection and the spheres and points and stuff are hers. Sounds selfish ? Not really, some of her crystals are worth quite a bit. She has a 6 inch chunk of tri-coloured tourmaline that is worth more than my 26 LBS citrine any day of the week !
Old 02-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Master
Nice Crystal Canuck!
I was pleasantly surprised to find out my BF likes crystals too. It's nice to share such things isn't it. He seems to fall for mica-like stones a lot. We went to the crystal shop together last Friday :)

Speaking of tourmaline, they had watermelon tourmaline on quartz and citrine and one piece was stunning! A+ quality watermelon tourmaline, so it had very intense colors. Deep dark green and bright pink. Gorgeous!
If I could've afforded that one piece I would've bought it!
Sad that often times you're limited by finances isn't it. I held it for a bit, so if I needed something from it, I suppose I got it anyway. But heck, was it beautiful!
Old 02-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Experiencer
Yes it's awesome to have a significant other who shares your love of crystals. Sometimes I feel almost embarrassed of my crystal hoard. Sometimes I think other people would think it's weird, which is why I was so happy to find this forum.

Having one or two crystals around the house is kind of normal, an interesting converstation piece, but when you have many of them scattered throughout the house, it's obvious it's something more.

I don't always like telling people what I got for my birthday or what not because they might find it strange.

My wife had an interesting experience when an electrician came over one day to check something. It turned out to be a minor strata issue. When the guy came over ( I was at work ) he was trying to find out what the issue was and he looked around the room at the crystals and said :

" Whatever it is Ma'am I think it's something scientific "

How insulting my wife thought. Of course the electrical problem is something scientific. Did he think she was going to find the answer in one of her crystal balls or something ?
Old 02-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Master
Haha, would've been great if she'd picked up a crystal ball with words like: "I'm not too sure about that! Let's find out!"

Personally I don't care much anymore what other people think (used to). My house is full up with crystals as well, except for the loo, bathroom and kitchen.
Apart from that I have a number of my own paintings hanging up, some of which are clearly spiritual too.
And a large, creamy Buddha statue that you cannot miss when you enter the living room, with crystals in front of it, and a large Quan Yin statue on a side table.
If they look further, there's a black obsidian raven skull in the window sill, Ogham sticks and a very thick elder branch (part of the trunk) that I took home yonks ago after it got mercilessly chopped off with a chainsaw.

If anyone has a problem with it, it's not my problem :P It's my home after all. I do notice people's reactions.
When I was still dating it was quite interesting, hihi. Some downright curious, others slightly intimidated.

Even my loo is 'weird'... I got a light with a Buddha-like face on it on the back wall. And a toilet seat and bog roll holder with a print of red roses in it.
My BF on the other hand has dark grey floor-tiles in the loo and fishing magazines. Talk about contrast, grin.
We have an awful lot in common, but boys will be boys, and girls will be girls, right! He's into fishing, I need my roses, hihi.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Master
Bumblebee Jasper :)

Old 12-03-2017, 11:23 PM
Experiencer

"A Bit of USA ORES, ROCKS, AND MINERALS OF AMERICA"! Haha IN AMERICA!

12 in all. Mariposite, scoria (one of my favorites, if I had to choose favorites, which I feel is unfair), lodestone, chalcedony, magnesite, soapstone, bituminous coal, garnet, fluorite, petrified wood, quartz, AND feldspar. I love them all!

They're currently all glued to a think piece of paper, with their names and a bit of info typed beneath them. I don't like that. I mean I do, because I really like to keep things organized, but I feel like the rocks don't like the glue. If....that makes any sense....

I think they can tolerate their situation for now, until I have a place for them. For now, I'll tack the whole little info card up on the wall, but I'd like to have different bags, boxes, or tins for every rock I have. Wash off all that icky synthetic glue someday....
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 22-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Master
Ocean Jasper tumbles ~ could do with a box for them now! lol
Old 22-03-2017, 11:46 PM
Knower

Blue lace agate and petrified wood, as well as a macrame necklace to hold them!