Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-11-2020, 09:55 AM
Master

Why I am on SF, and you?

When I discovered SF four years ago I saw it as another doorway to the sort of knowledge I was seeking. Having spent most of my life searching for an answer to the enigma of life I looked, and still look, upon the SF as a rich source of hearing of the experiences of many voices in all sorts of fields.

But my reason for being here isn't just that, my reason is the number of times I have experienced moments or insights into what I can only call aspects of life which I cannot explain and which cannot be explained using logic. Something which, in general, fails to be part of the SFs offerings. I don't mean this in a negative sense but in the sense that many threads are statements of beliefs without any fitting questions being asked.
This is a sort of declaration of where I stand today as an 82 year old man who has devoted a lot of time to a search which has covered most views or outlooks on life.
Having investigated (if that's the right word) many religions, many belief systems, having belonged to all sorts of groups, societies, having studied (as a layman) all the well-known sources of religious inspiration (the list would be long), having read countless books and attended many lectures, not only in English but also in German which is my second language and gave me the opportunity to move into other philosophies I now am in a position - which I think will remain until the day I die - (getting nearer all the time) I have to say that the end result of all my exertions is that I believe in nothing. That is I don't believe now, for one moment, that anything we as humans consider to be explainable in the context of prevailing belief systems is valid.
I think that we have got it all wrong. I'm not pretending to be clever, nor am I of the opinion that I have an answer, but I am of the opinion that we should start again.
The only reference point that each of us really has is the condition in which we find ourselves in the thing we call NOW, this has to suffice in all our ponderings. We have to get to the level where all these odd things that happen to many people in many parts of the world become explainable.

I feel that C.G.Jung made a good start, the human mind is the secret to finding answers.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 27-11-2020, 10:42 AM
Elfin

Ah Busby ... And I can relate to everything you say. I resonate fully with the reason you joined the forum... Same for me with my "findings" .. my experiences , my "knowing".... I'm highly sensitive / Empath, so have to be careful as I know that my statements of fact ( as in what I have have experienced) and therefore the "truth" to me .... Will probably get picked apart , disseccted and spat out by the "vultures" LOL... Which is all we and good... But it upsets me !!!...... Oh and for what it's worth... The human mind knows EVERYTHING !....
Old 27-11-2020, 10:53 AM
Legrand

Hello Elfin,

So here I find you

How are you doing?

It's been a while I have read one of your post.

Love!
Old 27-11-2020, 11:40 AM
Master
I have no clue what the hell i'm doing here. I think i was somehow drugged, then stumbled upon spiritualforums and decided it would be cool to be spiritual for a brief period of time.

I really don't know why i'm still here. I think i frustrate and annoy people without meaning to. I can sense that. But i also humor and amuse.

I've met interesting people along the way. It was worth it.
Old 27-11-2020, 01:29 PM
Color

I will say in 2011 here - from one person, now vanished - my entire direction
or focus changed spiritually.
It was one of the most profound changes (of many) in my heart's growths.
This place has many opportunities in guidance.
Amazes me that someone far away, in another country even, could do that much good to another's spiritual progress!
But he came here to share. I think fulfilling Matt's dream.

Like just yesterday inavalan put up a huge source, a link, to a vast amt of
reading material, pdfs, from a brilliant author and teacher, now passed.
I didn't know it existed! Done ordering his books now.
If I was ever suspended from here I would still stop in to learn things like that.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-11-2020, 02:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I will say in 2011 here - from one person, now vanished - my entire direction
or focus changed spiritually.
It was one of the most profound changes (of many) in my heart's growths.
This place has many opportunities in guidance.
Amazes me that someone far away, in another country even, could do that much good to another's spiritual progress!
But he came here to share. I think fulfilling Matt's dream.

Like just yesterday inavalan put up a huge source, a link, to a vast amt of
reading material, pdfs, from a brilliant author and teacher, now passed.
I didn't know it existed! Done ordering his books now.
If I was ever suspended from here I would still stop in to learn things like that.

We share and share and share.

We might not always agree, but we take the 'stuff in', and it rounds us out better.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 27-11-2020, 03:50 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello Elfin,

So here I find you

How are you doing?

It's been a while I have read one of your post.

Love!
Hi Antoine .... Likewise...I always think of you and I like characters from one of those "polite" films... You know the ones I mean... Where the ladies had "dance" cards !!!.... Sending love as always.
Old 27-11-2020, 04:00 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I have no clue what the hell i'm doing here. I think i was somehow drugged, then stumbled upon spiritualforums and decided it would be cool to be spiritual for a brief period of time.

I really don't know why i'm still here. I think i frustrate and annoy people without meaning to. I can sense that. But i also humor and amuse.

I've met interesting people along the way. It was worth it.
As they say in the film's ""DAH....LING".... You were never drugged... You always KNEW what you were doing all along ...you were never Meant to be spiritual... And yet "Somehow"... By a twist of fate unexpected..... (And sent the universe into utter chaos)..... You find yourself, completely naked (almost) standing before Christ the redeemer.... This was your downfall... The bit that was never "meant " to happen..... And that is why you ended up here... Oh.. and just so as you know my son .. you do NOT annoy and frustrate people... You draw them to you....
Old 27-11-2020, 04:52 PM
Administrator
I have been here so long im part of the furniture, its not my first spiritulist type forum that i have been on,
a lot have fallen by the wayside, people come here for a Variety of reasons.
but every person adds to the Fabric of Life

Namaste
Old 27-11-2020, 05:06 PM
Elfin

I think it's a bit like "Tales from the unexpected...."......