Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-10-2020, 09:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Carrying the dream analogy one step further, have you ever had a lucid dream? Where upon gaining lucidity within the dream one realizes one is not the dream body but the dreamer, in effect being the entire dream and more.

That's my model for Realization.

Yes, have had lucid dreams. Yes, realizing am the dreamer and able to change the dream itself.

Perhaps that is some of what may be considered development is to gain awareness in which can better direct our lives. Using dream analogies as being temporary states and changeable. Just a thought.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:26 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Yes, have had lucid dreams. Yes, realizing am the dreamer and able to change the dream itself.

Perhaps that is some of what may be considered development is to gain awareness in which can better direct our lives. Using dream analogies as being temporary states and changeable. Just a thought.

I had limited success with lucid dreaming, though I had to work at it. I'm not a natural lucid dreamer. They were generally short (I'd get too excited and lose lucidity. LOL!) and I couldn't control the dream. That was some years ago but I recently had a couple spontaneously within the last few months.

A year ago I had a very similar experience, a shift in consciousness, in waking life that lasted several weeks. Just like in a lucid dream I "knew" I was all of waking reality and more. Mind-body was in similar relationship to waking reality that dream-body was in relationship to dream reality.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:26 PM
Master

Quote:

Carrying our awareness both into our non-rem dreams, and into our rem dreams could be very useful to our evolvement. The former instruct us, the latter are meant for practice. The lessons spill into our awake lives too.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:31 PM
Master

Quote:
I had limited success with lucid dreaming, though I had to work at it. I'm not a natural lucid dreamer. They were generally short (I'd get too excited and lose lucidity. LOL!) and I couldn't control the dream. That was some years ago but I recently had a couple spontaneously within the last few months.

A year ago I had a very similar experience, a shift in consciousness, in waking life that lasted several weeks. Just like in a lucid dream I "knew" I was all of waking reality and more. Mind-body was in similar relationship to waking reality that dream-body was in relationship to dream reality.

That could be very useful for practicing creating your reality, instead of keeping reacting to whatever comes our way. The goal is to have your subconscious create your reality as your conscious instructs it.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:42 PM
Master
Quote:

I as well have startled myself awake when realizing I was lucid dreaming.
It takes practice and although not always practicing to do it, is cool when I can remain calm and in that state of mind.

At times ask myself when awake and goin through the day "Am I dreaming?" There are times when experiencing a lucid dream like state of mind when awake.

I have kept dream journals as well to write down key words or memories of dreams. Help to recall dreams and be more conscious of them.

The mind is very interesting and feel Soul/Spirit communicates through this at times. When able to be quiet enough to listen, lol.

Last edited by Moonglow : 05-10-2020 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Carrying our awareness both into our non-rem dreams, and into our rem dreams could be very useful to our evolvement. The former instruct us, the latter are meant for practice. The lessons spill into our awake lives too.

Dreams seem to fall into basically three types.

Those in which my mind is sorting out the day to day stuff I need to work out

Those in which I can be lucid/conscious of being in a dream state. Happens now and then for me and does take practice.

Those in which do not seem like dreams at all, but being in a different place altogether. Not here upon this Earth.

Each bring something to my consciousness/awareness and yes many have brought guidance. Some were just cool to experience.

Agree takes practice and will add Soul/Spirit has many ways in which to communicate. Listening is a practice as well.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:58 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Hello,

A couriosity has been buzzing around my mind for quite some time.

Why doe Soul/Spirit come here to forget it's Union and then when leaving here to remember again.

Let me expand upon this.

It has come to me through the years that the Soul creates a contract with other Souls. This has been confirmed to me when my mother passed away as well as other loved ones.

Through the years have come across that "we" (in general) are here to learn.
With in the spiritual aspect are here to remember our union and to develop.

The courious part for me is that Soul/Spirit is eternal and formless in and of itself. That it already knows of its connection with Source/Giod/omnipresence.
Yet it seems to choose to come here, manifest as this physical being, human being. Some may even say other physical forms/beings as well.

Which brings to my mind an interesting pondering, why? Meaning in regards to Soul/Spirit.

I will leave my thoughts right now with these reflections.

This is for discussion sake, thank you.
Those who experience spiritual consciousness often report a sense of 'timelessness'. It is said that the soul is eternal, and transcendental experience supports this.

So ask yourself what it must be like to be 'eternal'. In spirit, all time is known simultaneously - all consciousness is one eternal NOW.

While this is an incredible experience, at the same time it does have some drawbacks. For one thing, there can be no change. How can there be when all of time is already known, and there is no 'process'? For change to occur, in order for learning to occur, time must be experienced sequentially.

This is the purpose of physical manifestation.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:03 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I as well have startled myself awake when realizing I was lucid dreaming.
It takes practice and although not always practicing to do it, is cool when AI can remain calm and in that state of mind.

At times ask myself when awake and goin through the day "Am I dreaming?" There are times when experiencing a lucid dream like state of mind when awake.

I have kept dream journals as well to write down key words or memories of dreams. Help to recall dreams and be more conscious of them.

The mind is very interesting and feel Soul/Spirit communicates through this at times. When able to be quiet enough to listen, lol.

Yup. I did all the waking practices to prep for lucid dreaming and my best reality check was simply looking at my hands. Always asking "Am I dreaming" then doing a reality check (looking at hands, trying to push thumb through palm of hand, close mouth, hold nose and try to breathe), meditation (was doing that anyway), prospective memory exercises, setting intentions with mantras while falling asleep (I will become lucid in my dreams & I will awake after each dream and remember it - so I could recall when fresh in consciousness) and of course dream journaling. I have several notebooks of dreams and that covered less than six months.

The techniques I used were Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dreams (MILD) and Wake Back To Bed (WBTB).

Aside from lucid dreams my dream recall became excellent, getting to where I was recalling on average 5 and as high as 9 dreams a night, and usually several absolutely epic dreams a week.

It is pretty cool stuff, and even for mundane dreams. Most people simply don't realize how much they do dream every single night, and keeping a dream journal really strengthens recall. Dream recall is critical if one wishes to recall as many lucid dreams as possible.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Yup. I did all the waking practices to prep for lucid dreaming and my best reality check was simply looking at my hands. Always asking "Am I dreaming" then doing a reality check (looking at hands, trying to push thumb through palm of hand, close mouth, hold nose and try to breathe), meditation (was doing that anyway), prospective memory exercises, setting intentions with mantras while falling asleep (I will become lucid in my dreams & I will awake after each dream and remember it - so I could recall when fresh in consciousness) and of course dream journaling. I have several notebooks of dreams and that covered less than six months.

The techniques I used were Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dreams (MILD) and Wake Back To Bed (WBTB).

Aside from lucid dreams my dream recall became excellent, getting to where I was recalling on average 5 and as high as 9 dreams a night, and usually several absolutely epic dreams a week.

It is pretty cool stuff, and even for mundane dreams. Most people simply don't realize how much they do dream every single night, and keeping a dream journal really strengthens recall.
What did you find out from your dreams? Of what use are they to you?
Old 05-10-2020, 10:18 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
What did you find out from your dreams? Of what use are they to you?

From lucid dreams? Not much really as my skill wasn't at all advanced. I couldn't shape or change dreams and certainly couldn't construct them from scratch, and I couldn't conjure "guides" to ask questions of. However it's still quite an amazing thing to attain waking consciousness within dream reality.

From mundane dreams? I have a lot of them and the epic ones can be amazing in detail (plot, events in place and time, sound, color, etc...), sometimes spanning days and even weeks of dream reality.

Dang, now that I'm recollecting I'm tempted to get back into LDs.