Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-10-2020, 04:47 PM
Master
Why does Soul/Spirit come here to forget?

Hello,

A couriosity has been buzzing around my mind for quite some time.

Why doe Soul/Spirit come here to forget it's Union and then when leaving here to remember again.

Let me expand upon this.

It has come to me through the years that the Soul creates a contract with other Souls. This has been confirmed to me when my mother passed away as well as other loved ones.

Through the years have come across that "we" (in general) are here to learn.
With in the spiritual aspect are here to remember our union and to develop.

The courious part for me is that Soul/Spirit is eternal and formless in and of itself. That it already knows of its connection with Source/Giod/omnipresence.
Yet it seems to choose to come here, manifest as this physical being, human being. Some may even say other physical forms/beings as well.

Which brings to my mind an interesting pondering, why? Meaning in regards to Soul/Spirit.

I will leave my thoughts right now with these reflections.

This is for discussion sake, thank you.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:06 PM
janielee

1. To experience - to create and experience that creation
2. To learn
3. To put into practice what one knows, to set up a challenge
4. To love and be loved

Just some ideas

jl
Old 04-10-2020, 07:33 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Why does Soul/Spirit come here to forget it's Union and then when leaving here to remember again.

Is that what you believe happens?

Quote:
Let me expand upon this.

It has come to me through the years that the Soul creates a contract with other Souls. This has been confirmed to me when my mother passed away as well as other loved ones.

Contracts are what we use in this world. Relationships and arrangements are what obtain in the etheric.

Quote:
Through the years have come across that "we" (in general) are here to learn. With in the spiritual aspect are here to remember our union and to develop.

I think broadly that's how I see things - we learn from experiences in this dimension. I don't follow, though, what you meant in the final sentence.

Quote:
The courious part for me is that Soul/Spirit is eternal and formless in and of itself. That it already knows of its connection with Source/Giod/omnipresence. Yet it seems to choose to come here, manifest as this physical being, human being. Some may even say other physical forms/beings as well.

Which brings to my mind an interesting pondering, why? Meaning in regards to Soul/Spirit.

One reason may be to experience the apparent separation from source/God we experience when we incarnate into this world. (and perhaps others) But many other experiences can not be experienced as discarnates - it's to experience those too that we come here. Another experience that we can not experience in our discarnate form is that of procreation, becoming a parent. Children and parenthood can be experienced in the physical but not in the etheric. It's at least partly to have such experiences that we come to live on earth.

Quote:

In return I hope I've provided a few of my own ideas for you to consider.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Hello,

Why doe Soul/Spirit come here to forget it's Union and then when leaving here to remember again.

Let me expand upon this.

Through the years have come across that "we" (in general) are here to learn.
With in the spiritual aspect are here to remember our union and to develop.

The courious part for me is that Soul/Spirit is eternal and formless in and of itself. That it already knows of its connection with Source/Giod/omnipresence.
Yet it seems to choose to come here, manifest as this physical being, human being. Some may even say other physical forms/beings as well.

Your conscious here isn't the soul, but a projection (a temporary focus) of the soul. It is similar to your dream self, who isn't aware of you who are sleeping.

Why? Mostly because of the way you were hypnotized through education to believe, and forgot how to use some of your innate capabilities. Nobody did it on purpose. It was just ignorance, which led humanity astray.

If you want to get answers to such questions, put aside all your current beliefs and expectations (like the ones you stated in your post), then get in touch with your inner source of knowledge and guidance through prayer, meditation, self-hypnosis, ... Ask your questions and you'll get answers. Be careful not to distort those answers with your interpretations.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:54 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Here's how think of it. In a nutshell it's the only way It can experience Itself and that's through expressing Itself. In and of Itself It's infinite and undifferentiated potentiality. Call it Unmanifest, Ineffable, Unchanging.

So It manifests Itself as the effable, the changing, the temporal, all being finite names, forms and usages of Itself. Evolution and involution on the macro and micro scale.

Here's an interesting take. Infinite Silence (Unmanifest, Unchanging) and Infinite Dynamism (manifest, changing).

https://youtu.be/RJ4Uv-5_3VM?list=PL...zzdrQA&t=44 4
Old 04-10-2020, 09:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
1. To experience - to create and experience that creation
2. To learn
3. To put into practice what one knows, to set up a challenge
4. To love and be loved

Just some ideas

jl

Hi janielee,

I like your ideas/reflections.

Suppose as an Ethreal being can not experience what is experienced here in the physical.

The beauty and love that can be experienced here may very well bring to mind the connections.

Yes, there are challenges and these in thier ways has brought further wisdom and understanding.

Just some ideas/reflections on my part.

Thank you
Old 04-10-2020, 09:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Is that what you believe happens?

Contracts are what we use in this world. Relationships and arrangements are what obtain in the etheric.

I think broadly that's how I see things - we learn from experiences in this dimension. I don't follow, though, what you meant in the final sentence.

One reason may be to experience the apparent separation from source/God we experience when we incarnate into this world. (and perhaps others) But many other experiences can not be experienced as discarnates - it's to experience those too that we come here. Another experience that we can not experience in our discarnate form is that of procreation, becoming a parent. Children and parenthood can be experienced in the physical but not in the etheric. It's at least partly to have such experiences that we come to live on earth.

In return I hope I've provided a few of my own ideas for you to consider.

Hi bobjob,

the couriosity that came to mind was sparked by reflecting upon what I have come across at times through the years.

Does Spirit/Soul forget in its fullness? Would venture to say no if all becomes entwined with in consciousness.

Yet, incarnating/taking form seems to become individualized and through this upon a self basis seems forgets. Perhaps so that what is experienced and reasons being here are better focused upon. Just a thought.

Could an arraingment be a form of a contract/agreement?
When my mother passed, a few years ago, heard loud and clear with my mind "contract complete". Heard of soul contracts, but really gave it little thought. Been told when others I knew passed, again just thought "interesting". My mothers passing confirmed it.

Yes,feel arraingment and relationship seem better ways to look at this.

Upon the spiritual may not forget when Ethreal, but upon incarnating to this physical aspect the union with spirit seems to be forgotten in a way. So the couriosity arose because are "we" (in general) ever really seperate from Soul/Spirit? Personally don't feel "we" are.

Cool view that Soul/Spirit wants to have a physical experience. To be able to touch, smell, taste, see, and travel. Perhaps that is some of reason to just experience creation. I like this view and seems to resonate.

Thank you. Given me views to consider.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Your conscious here isn't the soul, but a projection (a temporary focus) of the soul. It is similar to your dream self, who isn't aware of you who are sleeping.

Why? Mostly because of the way you were hypnotized through education to believe, and forgot how to use some of your innate capabilities. Nobody did it on purpose. It was just ignorance, which led humanity astray.

If you want to get answers to such questions, put aside all your current beliefs and expectations (like the ones you stated in your post), then get in touch with your inner source of knowledge and guidance through prayer, meditation, self-hypnosis, ... Ask your questions and you'll get answers. Be careful not to distort those answers with your interpretations.

Hi inavalan,

To share what I get from what you share.

We are a "projection" of Soul? If similar to being a dream self, wouldn't Soul be aware of this? Find this an interesting analogy.

I feel we as humans are programmed, so to speak, in many ways through just being here upon this physical plane. And where we are placed to live and experience.
Agree not necessarily on purpose, just part of life here, would venture to add.

Thank you for the consideration and advice to ask my inner guide.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:42 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Hi inavalan,

To share what I get from what you share.

We are a "projection" of Soul? If similar to being a dream self, wouldn't Soul be aware of this? Find this an interesting analogy.

I feel we as humans are programmed, so to speak, in many ways through just being here upon this physical plane. Here we are placed to live and experience.
Agree not necessarily on purpose, just part of life here, would venture to add.

Thank you for the consideration and advice to ask my inner guide.

Find it an interesting couriosity.

Carrying the dream analogy one step further, have you ever had a lucid dream? Where upon gaining lucidity within the dream one realizes one is not the dream body but the dreamer, in effect being the entire dream and more.

That's my model for Realization.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Here's how think of it. In a nutshell it's the only way It can experience Itself and that's through expressing Itself. In and of Itself It's infinite and undifferentiated potentiality. Call it Unmanifest, Ineffable, Unchanging.

So It manifests Itself as the effable, the changing, the temporal, all being finite names, forms and usages of Itself. Evolution and involution on the macro and micro scale.

Here's an interesting take. Infinite Silence (Unmanifest, Unchanging) and Infinite Dynamism (manifest, changing).

https://youtu.be/RJ4Uv-5_3VM?list=PL...zzdrQA&t=44 4

Hi Just A Simple Guy,

First skimmed over the video, a lot to take in for me at the moment. View it more later. Seems fascinating. Science and Spirituality are not that far apart.
Learn as we go along.

Do you think the energy that gives rise to formation is Spirit/Soul or what is termed as such?

It experiences itself through expressing seems whst "we" do as well. Yes the micro reflecting the macro.

Perhaps a clue into the act of creation.

Thank you for sharing.