Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 25-10-2021, 06:01 AM
Deactivated Account
Might it be more fruitful to consult with a spiritual healer where - as best I understand things - pain is not involved?
Old 25-10-2021, 07:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
When I see the word kamma ---should I think of it as being the same as karma?
Yup. Same.
Old 25-10-2021, 08:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
EXCERPT I don't work as a healer and have no interest in that, but in my experience emotional problems can be associated with physical pain, and in meditations, physical pain pretty often connects to emotional contents.
I have done healings. Probably one of my 'best' healings was a woman who had injured her arm/shoulder/neck in a car accident. She was in a lot of pain and had been going to the Doctors for years. When I 'worked' on her, I made it look like an instantaneous healing..... it wasn't.

Another healing I did on a person who I did a past life regression on. That woman also was in a lot of pain and had been going to the Doctors for years. The situation was resolved and the pain immediately went away.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-10-2021, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Heals
EXCERPT Is energy healing supposed to be painful?
The only healings I know of that might cause some pain is massaging and other forms of body manipulation(s).

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-10-2021, 08:27 AM
Master
It's rare if it happens at all that the purification process unfolds pain free. It pretty much invariably entails significant discomfort and/or intense levels of experience, but that shouldn't matter. It only matter because of one's psychological aversion to some kinds of sensation, and that adverse reactivity is the crux of the issue. Keeping stillness of mind no matter what happens is what matters. In practice that becomes difficult as we approach our limits, but with practice we become more skillful in our ability to maintain balance of the mind. Without a stable balance the process might be too-much-too-soon, which can be messy. The ability of balance of mind throughout intense levels of experience is pretty much essential to the process.
Old 25-10-2021, 11:17 AM
Deactivated Account
huh?

My only understanding of healing comes from the notion of 'spiritual healing'.(as here under the umbrella Spirituality and Beliefs)

Spirit healing is NEVER painful so I struggle to understand what's happening when pain is an outcome of an attempt to provide healing.
Old 26-10-2021, 09:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
what's happening when pain is an outcome of an attempt to provide healing.

I don't know what spirit healing is but the purification is of the body/mind. It primarily entails pure awareness pervading the depths so that the subtler aspects of the life form become clear to conscious awareness and the contents come through and pass away. However, the tendency to react adversely to discomfort and crave pleasant distractions keeps the mind agitated, which inhibits the free passing. This needs to be resolved so that one can maintain peaceful, still-minded nutrality regardless of painful or pleasurable experiences. The more stable one is in that way, the more acute perception becomes to subtler aspects of the lifeform and the more will come to light in conscious awareness and pass away.

We begin at a crass level of conscious awareness where the mind is distracted, 'talkative', agitated and emotional; and the body is solid and dense. We determine stop doing that and become still. Thus, our habit of running from pain and chasing pleasure comes to standstill, which initiates the purification process.

In the past, when the blocked issues such as traumas and emotional knots peak into our conscious awareness we become disturbed because we react adversely to it, and in that reaction we crave something of a comparatively pleasant distraction. Thus we avoid being aware and the old contents cannot come to light in conscious awareness and pass away.

These tendencies manifest as sensations in the body. Pain is generated so we have something to react to, keeping us agitated and distracted so we don't have to endure the underlying storm, so we need to be determined. When pain arises, do not react to it. Practice keeping a neutrally aware poise no matter what, and stability of mind gets stronger. After a while one can endure such sensations without becoming disturbed or distracted.

As one achieves that level of balance, they have gone past that limitation, so the purification accelerates, and you are pushed to a new level of limitation, but just as before you persist, break through, and can endure even more without losing the plot. Soon enough you'll be able to maintain a very stable balance even during significantly intense experiences and remain unmoved by the emotional storms you couldn't bear in the past. Now that they can come into full conscious awareness without freaking you out, they blow up a great storm without affecting your quiet presence and pass away in their own time.

Since the process is not only pshyhological, but also physical, you can feel the dense, solid sensation of 'blocks' come loose and move or change at a subtler level, and the lump dissolves into a myriad of light flowing/tingly/wavey feelings... like it opens up moves through and bursts free. Then what used to be a dull, solid, dense feeling body feels lighter and more alive and flowing.

One would think that's great, but you soon find out that this is taking you to another limitation, and what seemed very pleasant at first starts to escalate, become relentless and it won''t let up. The reactive cycle comes in again and you cannot bear any more... but this time you can't get out of it with inane distractions. You have to endure it with neutrality or you'll lose your damn mind. It's scary and on the edge, but it's all you can do to maintain your balance of mind. Nothing else is important.

It levels out after some time, and this level of balance is pretty good. The purification of the old emotions/physical blockages changes to something like an energy flow, which isn't altogether pleasant, but pleasant and unpleasant don't matter because you're unaffected by them.

Because you stopped being affected you don't react, and because you don't react there is no energy to perpetuate the ego from past into the future, and it is revealed in full as one that pretends to be me. You won't believe how nasty it is, and to think, I lived like that - as that. You can see all the ways it keeps you reactive and distracted so it can get by you unawares... well, now it's been recognised, it can no longer assume the position of 'me'.

Then there is something very subtle when you notice how refined and delicate the mindful balance point is, and how little it takes to disturb that balance point. It's ironic that it takes so much strength of stability to notice how extraordinarily delicate the balance is.

Anyway... long rant... but that's how I describe it.
Old 26-10-2021, 10:43 AM
Deactivated Account
what?

Yes you wrote such a long response that I was immediately put off reading it.

By contrast with everything you've described at length and in detail, the action and effect of the healing I'm familiar with are easy to describe. And there's never any pain or even discomfort felt by the recipient of that healing energy.
Old 26-10-2021, 11:46 AM
Master
Quote:
there's never any pain or even discomfort felt by the recipient of that healing energy.
I can't really see how the purification process can be without considerable discomfort and difficulty... but you're welcome to explain it.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 26-10-2021 at 11:50 AM. Reason: .
Old 26-10-2021, 01:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I can't really see how the purification process can be without considerable discomfort and difficulty... but you're welcome to explain it.
You use words that spiritual healers don't. What you are calling "purification" is something I don't understand.
Given the choice I know which healing mode I would pick!