Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 15-05-2011, 03:15 PM
spiritualysurrounded

cleaning vs not cleaning

I was awakened spiritually with the ability to communicate, they taught me the formula to magic and other things but one thing she taught me was whether to clean or not clean.

the spirit told me not to clean anything like tarot cards or a pendulum, crystals. anything of the sorts, that when you buy things from a store or receive them as hand me downs you shouldn't clean them.

that people have touched them for a reason and been used with the intent that you would receive it one day. and all that has been done to the item was intended for you to use. this spirit feels very strong in not cleaning anything. she says she can use anything for anything. i feel personally that she is wrong and that a cleaning is much better when starting off. so maybe it should be whether some one is advanced enough to keep the original energy's with the item or not.

i was wondering what every one thought about this. as far as i understand we are taught to clean are tools for are own use. not to contaminate are use with others energy's, specially when we don't know about the person that used or even touched the item in the store.
Old 15-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Enya

I think you should go by your own instincts... also, try cleaning some of your tools and see if it makes any difference for you. Things which are bought and may have been handled by others should be cleaned imho, because sometimes the energies they hold are not beneficial for you. You wouldn't pick up a grubby fork someone else had eaten with and just eat with it, would you?

If you know the person who has given you a well-used item such as cards or pendulum, that's a different matter, as their intent will have built up in the item. Again, it depends if it's compatable with your energy.
Old 15-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Babes

I feel everyone will tell you different some say clean and others say no, I use cards for my development group and we all handle them it does not interfere with their messages at all.
hope this helps
Babes
Old 15-05-2011, 05:56 PM
bionic

I prefer to always clean before any use. I personally do not like any other energies on my tools. Especially tarot. I believe that it's the guider choice to make if they do not want someone to touch them.

I always sleep on my tarot yearly for 3 consecutive nights in a row to re-adjust my energy to them.
Old 16-05-2011, 12:51 AM
Sorcha

I think it depends. When I first buy a tarot deck/divination tool, unless it's from a "witch store", etc., I always cleanse.

If it's a gift, or pre-owned, or something of the sort, I don't. I like things with history--I'm a seamstress who uses a 1960s sewing machine (and I can tell you lots about it's prior owners!) and only buys fabrics/supplies at thrift stores. I don't like things that are new, that lack a past and energies from the past. It's the same with my tarot, runes, etc. It unnerves me.