Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-08-2022, 12:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Nobody knows everything.

Based on what you DO know, what would be your ideal afterlife in this moment (subject to change of course) ?
Old 28-08-2022, 12:57 PM
Master
QUOTE 39 EXCERPT:https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...1&postcount=39
Quote:
I hope your not referring to me,who by the way is following his own path.Not someone else's.
ps I never preach second hand knowledge.
As a wise sage once wrote: Methinks thou dost protest too much. Actually, I wasn't referring to you but ... now ... you have me wondering.

By the way, I follow my own path but I have learned from others as there is no point in metaphorically re-inventing the wheel. That's just stupid. However, as my teacher pointed out many years ago, I investigate/validate what resonates and only then do I quote that which is supportive of my own direct experience.
Old 28-08-2022, 01:27 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Based on what you DO know, what would be your ideal afterlife in this moment (subject to change of course) ?
It is not wise to dream up possibilities, so as not to be disappointed.

My thinking however is that you create your own afterlife when you pass (Which in time merges into different scenarios) which tallies with your beliefs at the time and it seems as real to you as the world we are inhabiting at the moment. An example of which is when I went to see a medium she told me my mother was gardening and my mother loved gardening, though the medium didn't know me from Adam.
Old 28-08-2022, 02:29 PM
Master
QUOTE 40 EXCERPT: https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...2&postcount=40
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The causal realms pertain to the higher mental plane, and the higher realms beyond are the realms of the Soul or Consciousness.

In other words, to repeat the above quote from Sri Yukteswar:"...the confined soul thrusts out the last of the three corks of ignorance and, emerging from the final jar of the causal body, commingles with the Eternal". The three corks of ignorance referring to the three worlds of form.
Insightful post, as usual, but that is what I expect from you now.
Old 28-08-2022, 02:41 PM
Guide

I also imagine that we feel no pain as we've lost our *shell*Consciosness is now outside us, not in us.
Old 28-08-2022, 02:57 PM
Master
Quote:

My thinking however is that you create your own afterlife when you pass (Which in time merges into different scenarios) which tallies with your beliefs at the time and it seems as real to you as the world we are inhabiting at the moment. An example of which is when I went to see a medium she told me my mother was gardening and my mother loved gardening, though the medium didn't know me from Adam.
Your stated thinking on creating your own afterlife as you described ... is consistent with my own understanding. I'm reasonably certain that you are aware of the story of Lila and the King in the Yoga Vashistha. My teacher translated that story for us with an insightful commentary on the process of physical death. I don't have a version of her commentary readily available to post but, if you're not familiar with the story, here is a link to an article on that story. It's very consistent with your thinking on this subject.

https://english.sreyas.in/the-story-of-lila/

However, and I'm sure that you suspected that there would be a "however", there is an esoteric purification process (Tibetan Buddhism, Sufis, Yoga, Taoists, etc.) called "dying before death". That allows one to dive into the depths of one's consciousness before physical death and see (to at least some degree) the possibilities of which you speak which are already in the process (dynamic) of formation. It would seem wise to prepare via purification .... lest one be "disappointed" that one did not.
Old 28-08-2022, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Hi, My exp is the opposite.
Dream and dream big. Disappointment?
Just wait...it'll come... keep the door open with a welcome mat and a smile!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-08-2022, 04:52 PM
Guide

@Miss Hepburn.
Old 29-08-2022, 08:33 AM
Guide

Actually Still Waters,I can see the point of that, to dismiss any thought's that will hamper your ongoing journey so as not to interfere in the process.
Old 29-08-2022, 09:44 AM
Quote:
...I can see the point of that, to dismiss any thought's that will hamper your ongoing journey so as not to interfere in the process.
My sister is so tormented by her thoughts!
I said a sentence to her I think was pretty good, lol.
''If you don't start controlling your thoughts they control YOU!''
I think that should be a book title!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru