Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 29-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Time

That was my point though. ITs still a public spot. The city may own it, and the police may come when needed, but people still have a say as to new swing sets, or if trees get cut down, where new ones will be built.

Litter is unfortunatly a norm in this society, and usualy there is someone to pick it up ( always under appreciated I might add).

Im jsut commenting on that post, and others posts about it. Im not trying to be disrespectful, or demanding or saying the mods arent doing anytihng or being unfair ( if you see my other post, i actualy say quite the opposite).

There is always good and bad. Buddha was sheltered from the bad, only to relize everything he had missed, beautful, and dangerous. I also never condoned any dangerous behavior at all. I agreed there are some things that have no place here. But to only focus on the good and never let anyone be subjected to the bad side (within reason of course).

And when its a desision, on "dangerous practices" this can be very broad. The rule shouldnt just state that, because it can be left up to interpretation, and isnt a very clear rule to follow. What i belive sea zen meant, was that we have some say on what these "dangerous practices" are. Something as simple as a thread, with a poll would give a very good insight. Im sure people would appreciate helpting to build the forum, and the mods would get some breaks too...
Old 29-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Sleepygrass

If not discussed amongst the overlooking adults in here it will be discussed elsewhere in the hospice of bafoons.
Old 29-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Master
Lightbulb

It would be ideal IF there were that many overlooking adults whose responsibility it is for the forum and its members, and even IF we had plenty of staff members, it IS voluntary and sometimes there is nobody watching the shop. I understand both sides, but sometimes you just have to roll out the disclaimers and liability statements because we're not god and we're not someone's parents or loved ones.

Earlier today while reading the newspaper, there was an article about some bath salts product that was intended to snort but yet the said it wasn't, one set of parents lost their son to this dangerous product. Danger is everywhere, where you least expect it and in a form you don't expect. We can't be responsible for the world and I don't think we should pretend that we can. It's better to say hey, they didn't hear about it here. We can only do our best and not pretend we can do more.

Old 29-01-2011, 01:20 AM
Time

IF we cant be responsible for the world then who is? I do nt like the thinking of "ignorance is bliss". If anything I think there should be a thread stating things that we know are dangerous and shouldnt ever be tried.

But i do agree. For the most part all you can do is hide behind disclaimers and the like. Im sure if you asked youd find many willing people who would help you guys.
Old 29-01-2011, 01:24 AM
Master
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
IF we cant be responsible for the world then who is? I do nt like the thinking of "ignorance is bliss". If anything I think there should be a thread stating things that we know are dangerous and shouldnt ever be tried.

But i do agree. For the most part all you can do is hide behind disclaimers and the like. Im sure if you asked youd find many willing people who would help you guys.

It's too big a job and if you've ever been a parent, you'd understand. (are you a parent?)

It's not hiding, it's being pragmatic. It's hardly a situation where 'we' lie by omission just because we have a RULE that drugs and such are not discussed here. Nobody is god. I think that's pretty clear. Some forums have rules like this and others don't. Simple as that.

I always liked the joke about if you were up to your neck in a barrel of one disgusting substance and somebody threw a bucket of another disgusting substance at you, would you duck?

Old 29-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
we have a RULE that drugs and such are not discussed here.

I always liked the joke about if you were up to your neck in a barrel of one disgusting substance and somebody threw a bucket of another disgusting substance at you, would you duck?
I like that joke too SG ... I haven't heard it before though. I remember back in the day on the forums it was acceptable to discuss drug taking however it was not acceptable to promote it. I remember many a thread where members shared their experiences ... I think it would be too difficult to spot the difference (between discussion and promotion) and so the current rule is more effective and safer in my opinion, however it is a fact that those discussions were more acceptable back then ... and that is probably why some of the long term members havent realized they were crossing boundaries ...
Old 29-01-2011, 01:40 AM
Master
Hi sound, thanks for making things a bit clearer for me.

One season, the river flows east, the next season it flows north...

Old 29-01-2011, 03:14 AM
Time

No silvergirl, but ive alway been around children ( my mom babysat 6 or 7 kids at a time, and i always helped, and baby sat my cousin for 5 years.) I do understand. But in that case, id rather tell my child whats out there, then send him blindly into a snowstorm, and not tell him what black ice is.

Sorry, i guess hiding was the wrong word. But i hope you undetstand what i meant by it. I meant no disrespect silvergirl, and am not trying to start anything. I just belive that changing the rules ( and this is possibly quite a major one), should be discussed together, since this is a group forum. And i should say again, I agreed that there are tihngs that shouldnt be mentioned. My main pont was that we all should have some say as to what is said. To just put the rule as "dangerous practices" leaves it up in the air, and can be easily moulded to suit the situation.

For instance, vegetarianism, is concidered dangerous, if not followed through by a nutritionalist ( im not meaning to pick on them, just an example, you can belive what you wish ). You can end up with massicve mineral and vitimin issues, such as anemia. There are thread that have dealt with hours long meditation, or herbalist advice, not seeking medical advice.... theres lots of things that can be dangerous about spirituality. Of course we all will share many similarities as to what is inharently dangerous, like as you say, drugs etc. Whlile many people on here have had experiences that probably pertain tot heir path to spirituality, it is usualy no more mentioned as " once I was a horrible addict, and i stopped and became spiritual etc". WHich is understandable. I guess all im suggesting is that you please make what you concider dangerous clear, or let us have a say.
Old 29-01-2011, 03:25 AM
Master
I appreciate the time and thought that you've put into this discussion (although I think this thread wasn't started with the intention of it turning one, LOL), but clearly, parents, teachers, ministers, babysitters, the whole 9 yards of people who care about young people, or anybody, can talk and lecture and 'inform' and spout their opinions all day and all night, but in the end, the individual will decide his or her own fate. The decisions are the individual's to make. Sometimes, sad but true. No matter who says what about it...it can be a horrible mistake or intentional choice.

Old 29-01-2011, 03:31 AM
Time

I couldnt say that any better myself. Its ultimatly up to us to make that desicion. And its unfortunate that some learned the hard way. The best thing we can do is educate our kids, or children and people in our care and lives the best we can. We can protect them, warn them or anything till were blue in the breath, but its up to them to say... start smoking
Closed Thread