Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 16-12-2020, 01:11 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
One of the things is - you must learn about how to get enough balanced protein...learn how many grams you need.
My friends -unhealthy- have been vegetarians for decades ---so I went over there often cuz
one was so rundown in bed, not contagious.
I saw how they ate!
Beans or tofu with NO grains to make a complete protein...
Grains and veggies with no beans!
They are better now cuz after nagging that they do protein powder every day.

Same with another friend 40 yrs vegetarian --always rundown, complaining ...
in a week she told me she felt the difference....with protein powder drinks.
Took forever to convince them.

They hadn't researched nutritional needs once! In decades!

Could you recommend some good protein powder drinks? So many to choose from. I need more protein I'm sure but have no idea what kind to try.
Old 20-12-2020, 02:01 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsoo
There is a reason why so many people feel like death on a vegan diet. When one consumes meat and animal products, one is absorbing the suffering of the animal, which in turn numbs one's own traumas/hurts/suffering. Unfortunately, if done for an extremely long time, when the time DOES come for a soul to embrace a vegan diet, the fallout is often horrible.

When there is nothing to numb one's own internal issues, people start feeling like death and get sick. There is nothing one is consuming on a vegan diet that is able to numb one's own suffering. You're forced to come face to face with your own emotional/mental/spiritual/physical demons and the trauma is often so deep that it causes a lot of physical issues.
I am truly thankful for this post, Shinsoo. I switched to a raw vegan diet a year ago. I am the healthiest physically I've been since my 20s (60s now), but this year has been the darkest (and most light-filled!), most emotionally shattering year of my life in decades. I feel exactly as you describe, and it has become my conscious soul path to battle through and transform these feelings. Because I know they're fear projections.

Thank you Shinsoo. What an incredibly deep insight.
Old 20-12-2020, 02:03 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
Could you recommend some good protein powder drinks? So many to choose from. I need more protein I'm sure but have no idea what kind to try.
Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein. Raw, organic, the BEST. Chocolate flavorful.... yummmmm.
Old 22-02-2021, 10:24 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Latest research is that only about 10% of the worldwide human population has a metabolism that can handle a completely vegan diet.....all the rest of us need at least some animal proteins to be healthy and feel good....

So if you're one of the few that can handle a long term vegan diet and you're happy with it,....good for you!!! But the rest of us need a bit more then that.....
I have never heard of that research. Do you have a link for that? By the way, the American Dietetic Association has said that a well planned vegan diet is good for all stages of life.

As for me, the last time I ate meat was about 25 years ago. My 37 year old daughter has been vegan for about 13, her husband also is vegan and my husband too, for about 13 years and we all are doing very well. My husband also had a dentist appointment a few months ago and when he was asked what kind of meds he's on (dentists need that for their charts) he was pleased to inform him that he isn't on any despite being almost 70. The dental assistant who'd asked, expressed some surprise and said that most patients are on an average of 5 or 6 different prescriptions by the time they reach my husbands age.

Interesting how 3 out of 3 of us in this one family are all doing so well. In light of the 10% thing.
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)
Old 22-02-2021, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
Interesting how 3 out of 3 of us in this one family are all doing so well. In light of the 10% thing.
I wonder if it has anything to do with blood type?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-02-2021, 11:23 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I wonder if it has anything to do with blood type?

My husband has a different blood type than I do. And before covid I used to catch cold or flu? at least once a year and I could be hacking my lungs out, still doing all the cooking, sleeping beside him in the same bed and he never caught whatever bug had gotten me.

Also, I came across a post that talks about Toronto researchers coming to the conclusion that the 'blood type' diet wasn't a workable theory. The post also reference a study by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition stating that there is no evidence to support that idea. https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0115172246.htm

But we're both thriving on a vegan diet and so is my daughter and her partner.
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)