Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-11-2020, 06:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

When I joined way back was looking for a place to discuss and exchange ideas, insights, and life, suppose.

While here have met and continue to meet some interesting and wonderful folks.

Have learned about things that I was not familiar with and hooked up with videos, books, and sites that found interesting and expanded my interests.

Have gone through changes, for these just come through living. Have had my moments of taking a break from here. Have found things that I relate to and things I don’t. People here have came and some are still here, while others have gone. Some remember like an old friend, while others just pass by, still others enjoy when our paths cross. Such are the interactions that come along.

Over all still find the forums interesting and enjoy the exchanges and expressing myself.

Thank you for asking Busby

Thanks to all you folks

I enjoyed reading your account.

You bring out your own realism which rings with your truth.

Thanks.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-11-2020, 06:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualFreedom
I'm an OBE Explorer, and I wanted to share experiences, insights, the potential of it.

If you want to share your experiences with friends and family, like "The other day I separated from my physical body, and then I went into another reality plane..." LOL

You can't say this things in public without people thinking that you're weird.

There are lots of advanced souls out there who has amazing abilities to phase their consciousness awareness multi-dimensionally.

But they don't stand in public speaking, they keep it for themselves, and all of their knowledge could get lost instead of helping people out.

That's the best thing about this time in human history, the internet.

Where you can share anonymously worlwide, and if what you're saying it's true, then people can do an experiment and if it works by their own personal experience.

That's my atittude.

I share sdtrategies and tools, so people can test it, and see if it works by their own experience. That's the only way to truly know it. Knowing is exponentially better than blind belief.

Also I am a student, I study other mentors and experiment their strategies and tools.

I am here to help and to learn. Mainly for OBE's & Mindset

It is nice you are here and you share a lot.

Thanks for being you.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-11-2020, 02:07 PM
Master

Perhaps it was curiosity that brought me here but it is the journey of self discovery that keeps me here. One begins to discover and understand what he/she really believes when he is compelled to articulate it, write it down, sign it and be prepared to explain and defend it. The caveat is, that in the back of your mind, is the knowledge that your beliefs are subject to change and that you can be humbled......that is all good because truth and honesty should be the ultimate goals in discourse. If one can sacrifice his ego to uphold this goal of truth then the benefit is universal.
Old 28-11-2020, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Perhaps it was curiosity that brought me here but it is the journey of self discovery that keeps me here. One begins to discover and understand what he/she really believes when he is compelled to articulate it, write it down, sign it and be prepared to explain and defend it. The caveat is, that in the back of your mind, is the knowledge that your beliefs are subject to change and that you can be humbled......that is all good because truth and honesty should be the ultimate goals in discourse. If one can sacrifice his ego to uphold this goal of truth then the benefit is universal.

Eloquent testimony, indeed.

Old 28-11-2020, 02:48 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advaita_Vedanta

Sruti (scriptures), proper reasoning and meditation are the main sources of knowledge (vidya) for the Advaita Vedānta tradition. It teaches that correct knowledge of Atman and Brahman is achievable by svādhyāya, study of the self and of the Vedic texts, and three stages of practice: sravana (perception, hearing), manana (thinking) and nididhyasana (meditation), a three-step methodology that is rooted in the teachings of chapter 4 of the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad.

I consider much of my posts as the middle step (manana). In a traditional setting with a guru it's an interactive process where questions might arise from this step and presented to the guru for elucidation. The only gurus available to me are through two YouTube channels so I cannot directly interact, however I do find most of the questions I might have are raised in Q&A segments.

It's still very valuable for me to post my understanding here. If what I post is questioned and I can't explain to my own satisfaction then I'm missing something. What I usually find is any questioning results in a closer examination via contemplation and the answer reveals itself. If it doesn't I go back to texts and lectures.

In any case articulation, whether verbal or written, is an invaluable practice in furthering understanding.
Old 29-11-2020, 03:40 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze

I do both.

The annoyed and frustrated aren't going to make themselves obvious. It wouldn't look good for their "image." But i can sense it even in their silence.

The people i appeal to are usually more of that "free spirited" type. Or who are more honest about their journey.
Babe.....me and you same.... At the end of the day I couldn't give a to*s about anything !!!
Old 01-12-2020, 03:51 AM
Master
I have no idea why I am here ???.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:21 AM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I have no idea why I am here ???.
Psychoslice! Long time my friend!
Old 01-12-2020, 05:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It's still very valuable for me to post my understanding here. If what I post is questioned and I can't explain to my own satisfaction then I'm missing something. What I usually find is any questioning results in a closer examination via contemplation and the answer reveals itself. If it doesn't I go back to texts and lectures.

In any case articulation, whether verbal or written, is an invaluable practice in furthering understanding.

I resonate with this part you wrote.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:05 AM
Deactivated Account
Why am I on SF? There are times when I ask myself that very question!

But seriously my reasons are that old habits die hard but also to enjoy the challenge and stimulation of occasional well-presented, well-articulated thoughts and ideas I read from some contributors.....