Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-12-2020, 07:42 AM
Elfin

.....And he does "get me ".... More than the rest of you do...
Old 16-12-2020, 04:24 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Does God exist?... I wish you could have all witnessed what I am about to tell you. Even now I can't believe it happened. When my firstborn was just 2years and 3months old we were preparing to go to a christening. Terrified that my child would either be noisy/want to run around/or throw a tantrum I tried to explain that because we were going to church and it was God's house, we had to sit still and sit quietly. Thinking he wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about imagine my shock when he calmly announced that God talks to him! He never even looked up from his toy cars as he said this. I asked gentle questions and the answers were that God does not wear glasses and has long hair like mummy. God talks at night time and during the day he is up in the sky....... And then my little boy carried on playing and mummy had to sit down for a while to take it all in.
My firstborn.... And on Sunday I will attend his wedding ( at a distance and wearing a mask).... And next year , end may/ beg June , his first child will be born....( God willing ).... He's 34 now. And i am so very proud of him....he's a headteacher in a primary school here in UK...And I Love him beyond Love.
Old 17-12-2020, 05:14 AM
Elfin

....So in a sense it's coming round full circle .... Bit like the lion king , where the daddy holds the baby cub up to show the world... Like my son's daddy did on the day he was born.... And as my boy will do, when his child is born soon....although his own dad will watch from "afar" and will not be here to witness in the physical sense as he died in 2016..... And if I'm lucky I can hold my grandchildren again... Both of them... Isaac , who is already in my life... I was lucky enough to be able to hold him in this lifetime .... To cuddle him.. in his Grandads image... To be able to hear him call me ""Grandma"".... How wonderful was that?..... And I hope and pray, God willing... That I will live long enough to hear my unborn grandchild call me "grandma" too.... Not for my sake.... But for my son's sake..... I pray more than anything , that he can at least experience his child calling one of his parents by their chosen grandparents name..... Jonathan... Bless you my precious son... As you go forward with your new wife... And your beautiful child..... Full circle .... As it should be.... I LOVE YOU....
Old 03-01-2021, 03:57 AM
Newbie ;)

Amazing. I am still asking that question myself. It sounds like your son has a connection!
Old 03-01-2021, 07:14 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoliPsychCo
Amazing. I am still asking that question myself. It sounds like your son has a connection!
....Hi... Oh he definitely had a connection... In so many ways up until being about 7 ish. But he's not really overly religious just now. He tells me it was all "twaddle" LOL...!!!!
Old 17-01-2021, 11:54 AM
Elfin

....And so .......... Does God exist ?
Old 17-01-2021, 01:17 PM
Master

Quote:

Elfin, my dear, I'm going to tell you another story - a true one of course.

Never told it before, but - for you!

As a child in Newcastle I was surrounded by aunts and uncles who were very strong Jehova's Witnesses. In fact I'm sure I learned to read from the copies of 'Awake' and 'Watchtower' that were spread around all over the place. (the 'Dandy' and the 'Beano' were also reading materials). Through this I know that for me JWs are very loving and kind people and unlike many others are prepared to fight for their beliefs. There are always exceptions.
As I moved through life I was faced with all the challenges a young person who is interested in religion and philosophy has to face so after years of all different beliefs and sources I was absolutely confused and decided to issue any God (if there was one) a challenge. So one day at work in London when there was nothing to do I went down into the building's basement where I'd be alone - I was, I think, 19/20. I was all alone in that basement so I told God just what I thought of him and the difficulty I was having to get a grip on anything religious - then out loud and without pulling any punches I told him that unless he gave me a sign THAT VERY DAY I'd put him out of my mind completely and forever. I made sure 'he' knew that I meant it.

Then satisfied, I went back upstairs to my work.

I went home at my usual time and as usual we, as a family sat down to our evening meal. I was rather surprised when my mother told us two boys that she and dad were going out to the cinema afterwards. Neither my brother or myself could believe it because mum and dad NEVER went out! Never!Anyway they left and my brother went out to meet his girlfriend and I was left at home - quite odd really to be alone in the evening at home.
As the evening went by it became clear to me that my efforts to challenge God were of no avail and would have the fitting consequences - I had really meant what I said.
At 21.30 the doorbell rang (this was a large block of flats) and I, wondering who that could possibly be, went to the door and opened it to find a middle-aged man standing there a man who introduced himself as a JW. Knowing just how JWs could persevere I warily asked him in and asked a few general questions also telling him that I knew about JWs beliefs and a decent question something about him doing his rounds.
He said to me something like 'I was on my way home actually but for some reason I just had to ring your bell the light attracted me!

Had my parents or brother been at home this moment would have been wasted.

I lived on this revelation for many years and, although my understandings of 'God' have changed that moment was one of many that caused me to understand that there are worlds which are invisible to us.

Take care.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 17-01-2021, 03:30 PM
Quote:
100%.
When you've been knocked off your feet experiencing 'Him', this Spirit, up close and personal...you know.

Will that convince or open someone to that? Who knows. That's not in my hands.
I don't see that it makes any diff if one has an exp God or not.
(I mean it did for me.)
Be happy, be kind to others ..make feeling good a priority...and life here is easier.
My 2 cents.
Got any questions about God, Elfin?
Ask me. I know a lot!!!! Hahahahaha...by sheer Grace...no book involved...
and not from my intellectualizing or from quotes of mystics.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-01-2021, 06:32 PM
Pathfinder

My answer is Yes.

I would elaborate, and explain my point of view, but it's late and I don't have time right now. Suffice to say, people should do their own research anyway, to work out what is true and what is not, what they do and don't believe.

This is a spiritual forum is it not? why would anyone even be here if they didn't believe in God.
Old 17-01-2021, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspark
This is a spiritual forum is it not?
why would anyone even be here if they didn't believe in God.
You're new here...you would be surprised...
and it surprises me, still.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru