Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 26-11-2020, 07:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
That's interesting.... Not heard of that technique before. Another one to remember.
What I described is called “sound meditation,” and it has been around for centuries, although it is not widely practiced. When a person uses a mantra, chanting while meditating, they are using sound to distract their mind and distance themselves from their thoughts. Well the same thing can be done by focusing on the sounds that are within us; especially the nonverbal sounds. There is a lot on the web about sound meditation, and using sound to reach inner silence.
Old 27-11-2020, 03:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
This is very interesting.When i cover my ears with my hands,i get the same result as well,and i hear something like bineural beats from the inside of my brain.I don't know what it is,but it's a little scary.
It's almost like an engine pulsating at high speed.
Seek inner silence and the fear will dissipate.
Old 27-11-2020, 11:54 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
A simple breathing exercise that can still the mind.

Turn your head to the left,take a deep breath and exhale.
Face forwards,take a deep breath and exhale.
Turn your head to the right,take a deep breath and exhale.

It works well for me,and i think it's easy and safe for everyone to try.
I think it's a good start before your meditation sessions.
Thank you for sharing lomax
Old 15-12-2020, 04:29 PM
Master
Now do the same exercise,but this time you'll use the mind as well.
When you breath to the left,be aware of it.Then repeat the same with the other two directions.(forward and right)

Spend some seconds breathing at each direction,knowing what and where you doing it.
Old 15-12-2020, 04:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tim
Thank you for sharing lomax
Cool
Old 15-12-2020, 04:56 PM
Explanation of the sounds people hear can be found in 2 books:

"Naam or Word" by Kirpal Singh

"The Ringing Sound: An Intro to the Sound Current" by Eric Gustafson

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-12-2020, 08:42 AM
Seeker

Still the Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Meditation is one thing and the technique is another thing. Techniques help us practice meditation, but we may try to be in, and stay with, the meditation experience even when we are not using a technique. Techniques are used in formal meditation practice, but meditation does not stop just because we are not using a formal meditation technique.

A technique which will help quiet your mind, is to put your thumbs in your ears and listen with all of your attention to the sounds, ringing, etc., that is inside of you. For me, in time the ringing goes away, and so does the chatter, and what remains is a thick silence. I do not measure how deep my experience is because it is immeasurable.

Interesting and I will try this.

I have always had a racing mind and problems with sleep. My mind at night seems to race and whether it be work, family or "trying to still the mind" - I have random thoughts racing about? I just cant seem to shut it off--- like now it is 3:38 AM and I am awake. Any advice on how to still the mind and connect spiritually?
Old 19-12-2020, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman

A technique which will help quiet your mind, is to put your thumbs in your ears and listen with all of your attention to the sounds, ringing, etc., that is inside of you. For me, in time the ringing goes away, and so does the chatter, and what remains is a thick silence. I do not measure how deep my experience is because it is immeasurable.

That is a standard yoga technique and common to other traditions as well.

It is effective.