Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 22-06-2016, 12:20 PM
Seeker

The Wise Mans Fear by Patrick Rothfuss, such a lovely, deeply involved series, I'd liken it to drinking Marshmallow topped rich hot chocolate in front of toasty fire, warming and perfect, superb writing.

I'm looking forward to reading the Novella, The Slow Regard of Silent Things, based around a character from his books.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Master
Delores Cannon - The Three Waves of Volunteers and The New Earth
Old 02-07-2016, 12:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
When I was in college I had a course on death (I planned to be a hospice nurse)...and our textbook was called "Our Cultural Approach to Death". I read that book from cover to cover. It was so fascinating... Got an A in that course, not a single test or assignment under 100.

That sounds interesting and, in a similar vein, I would highly recommend "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" by Sogyal Rimpoche, a senior advisor to the Dalai Lama who personally autographed my copy of the book.

On page 6, he talks about how he observed his master raise an elderly monk from the dead to guide him properly through the death process. Sogyal Rimpoche discussed this happening when I heard him speak in NYC and, having had a near death experience myself, it was illuminating to speak with him privately after his talk on the process of death.

In any case, the book is very very good and also addresses hospice interventions as Sogyal Rimpoche was very involved in hospice work.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:38 PM
Master
The Mindful Way Through Anxiety by Susan M. Orsillo, PhD. and Lizabeth Roemer, PhD.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:03 PM
Experiencer
Greetings Everyone,

It was first published in 1908 but I only came across it a couple of weeks ago. I hesitated in buying it because it was specificaly aimed at girl readers - and I'm a 72 year-old guy. I stood there in the shop and read the first - long - paragraph. After glancing through other pages I became hooked on the its first class descriptions of its peoples and surounding lands. I bought it. Every night I would read a chapter or three. I had to. To me it was so good I was disappointed when I finished the last page. It was a delight to read.

The author is L.M. Montgomery ... the book is called: Anne of Green Gables.

JOHNTY
Old 09-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Experiencer
Greetings Everyone,

I should have written that though first published in 1908 the version I bought was last published in 2008 which goes to prove its long term selling ability.

JOHNTY
Old 18-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Master
I just finished listening to an audio book, since in my car gives me the most time to listen and I get tired of the radio..."This Much I Know for Sure" by Oprah Winfrey. I enjoyed it. I've got a lot of books to sit and read or finish reading.
Old 20-07-2016, 06:47 PM
Knower
I'm reading "Lightworker" by Sahvanna Arienta. Good book, very helpful for awakening!
Old 20-07-2016, 07:49 PM
Master
As You Think (revised and updated version of As a Man Thinketh") by James Allen. Little gem I found in a used bookstore with a lovely inscription by a teacher to her student...that in itself is a gem to read and what a gift to give to her student!
Old 22-07-2016, 12:40 AM
Master
Okay I finished and passed on "As You Think" to my son to read, I'm now starting "Creative Visualization" (Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life) by Shakti Gawain. Another find in a used bookstore. :-) I started reading another book which I go back and forth with...I should just finish the other but I'm anxious to read this one. :-)