Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 01-01-2023, 06:12 PM
Master
Book1 Books you read?

I just finished the trilogy of his dark materials … I watched the series on BBC’s one player.. online streaming …

It was exactly as the book more or less…

I enjoyed it took me 5 days to get through them all through Christmas and new year.. I started on the twilight today, and so far first 6 chapters are the same as the movie,

But have people say it’s different to the movie so maybe further on into the books..

A long read four of the books!!

What have you read this year? Or this coming year?

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 10-01-2023, 12:28 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
What have you read this year? Or this coming year?

I got recommended His Dark Materials a while ago by an atheist, but watching the first film put me off and I didn't look at the books. I'm currently re-reading The Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson. I'm kind of enjoying it, but it's a bit of a struggle to be honest because the style is rather chaotic and the narrative jumps around between numerous sub-plots in a random fashion.

It contains information about various secret societies and conspiracies, although unless you're a real expert it's hard to know which are based on real history, which are possibly true, and which are complete fiction. Perhaps that's the point as I'm constantly being thrown off balance just when I'm beginning to grasp some thread running though it. I can't decide whether to continue reading it all or just give up in frustration, but there are some good parts which keep me going.

Great idea for a thread btw, I'll try and follow up with my next book when I decide what it is (& I'm a very slow reader!).
Old 10-01-2023, 04:08 PM
Master
It has been many years since I read a book. Almost all of my reading is on the internet these days.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-01-2023, 10:55 PM
Seeker

I seem to read more in the Spring, Summer and Autumn when i can sit outside. When im indoors i find too many other things that need doing and so cant sit and read a book.

Will definately add my reads as i do them once the weather warms up (im in the UK so a few weeks to go!).
Old 16-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Master
Manifesting Books I've Read...Manifested Proof I've Experienced

All,

I've been reading the following sources to compare their very interesting, and interrelated, perspectives on how Manifesting REALLY works.

Very revealing! Hope these help you and our colleagues.

The Edinburgh Lectures on Mental Science by Thomas Troward (available as PDF)

Your Invisible Power and Attaining Your Desires- Genevieve Behrend (available as PDF) She was Thomas Troward's, only student.

"Law of Assumption" - Neville Goddard (available as PDF)

Reference: Proof of how effective Thomas Troward's methods are: https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...&postcount=147 My wife and I actually lived in this beautiful home for two wonderful years, before we relocated. https://www.compass.com/listing/8656...1029627024001/

Reference: Proof of how effectively Genevieve Behrend APPLIED what her Teacher, Thomas Troward taught her in Your Invisible Power . The secret? "God, or Universal Mind, made man for the special purpose of differentiating Himself through him". https://www.google.com/books/edition...c=frontcov er

Reference: Proof of how effectively Neville Goddard learned how to utilize the "Law of Assumption" to manifest a return trip for Christmas to Barbados after an absence of 12 years (having NO job, NO money and NO prospects for any during the Great Depression): https://www.giancarloserra.org/you-a...qMJ_Jix-2hWWE8
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 17-01-2023 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Clarify input
Old 16-01-2023, 06:25 PM
Master
Just finished "Sepulchre" by Kate Moss. Currently reading a book on the pelvic floor by Eric Franklin (Franklin Method).

Since we read so much online all day long, I don't read many books anymore. If I do it's mostly books on personal development, or like now, on the pelvic floor as I need & want to work on that.
Old 14-02-2023, 08:36 AM
Experiencer

Biographies, self development, spiritual
Old 14-02-2023, 03:37 PM
Ascender
I read several at one time
psychic stuff ~ witchcraft stuff ~ yoga stuff ~ self development ~
Old 06-01-2024, 11:16 PM
Seeker

One of the things I need to do this year is read more "books". I already read a lot but its mostly comic books and magazine articles. I have a stack of novels that has gone untouched that continues to grow and more on my wish lists.
Old 06-01-2024, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
All,
I've been reading the following sources to compare their very interesting, and interrelated,
perspectives on how Manifesting REALLY works.
You're just like me. Just gaining more knowledge, knowledge!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru