Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-01-2023, 08:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
What was there before the beginning, before the Word?

Energy, imo.
Old 04-01-2023, 09:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Aknaton,

Answering this question is dependent on the assumption that there was a beginning…..:). This is opposed to the consideration of the possibility of eternity. ‘Beginning’ implies an ongoing process of formation. As mortals we can understand and accept formation. Eternity is a harder concept to grasp.
Old 05-01-2023, 02:16 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
God is jealous if we worship other God's? Why would God care?

Words are just a limited method of sharing ideas. The word "idol" is just an idea. The idols in the Bible are not to be taken literally, but metaphorically. The stories in the Bible, such as Exodus are also ideas. The idea of worshiping a God is depicting an idea of giving one's power away to another. It is a way of creating separation. All who are in the spirit know we are one. We do not worship one another. We honor one another.

As a side note, you may want to consider that all manifestations are made of energy and they do exist. Even a statue may hold great power if many have given their power to it. As inspiring as the Bible is, it is not the word of God. There is nothing wrong with thinking it is until it is considered exclusive. Then it becomes an idol.

Many blessings,
Z
Old 05-01-2023, 02:19 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Any such contemplation is an expansion of the truth. The question is whether or not the minister should be disturbed by my expansion……:).
Thank you for the clarification! I understand your point now! :)

That happens to me all the time, especially when I am listening to preachers. They are meaning to say something in a literally way, but I understand it metaphorically, and to me that makes a lot more sense.

The minister will most assuredly never be disturbed if you keep your understanding to yourself. In my experience at least. lol.
Old 05-01-2023, 03:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
The minister will most assuredly never be disturbed if you keep your understanding to yourself. In my experience at least. lol.
Zastrakoza,

Thanks for your response. This is the logical response being the expedient thing to do. At the same time it is troublesome. It is the thought and the awareness that we are reluctant to and cautious to share things that seem of genuine value to us. It can nag at our conscience. If it is true for you and for me then we must assume that there are many that experience this same dilemma.

The reality is that many of us have become ‘closet’ Christians to some degree. It will always remain a personal decision whether or not to come out of the closet. The beauty of the rainbow lies in its many colors, it’s commanding presence and visibility in the sky…..it is available for all to share.
Old 06-01-2023, 04:54 PM
Experiencer
I think we can know when to share and that is usually when it can be received. It seems that ministers are rarely receptive to expansive thoughts by their "flock" because it is inappropriate to them. I find this a sad state of affairs because they have the voice to change traditional religious thought into a more fluid, open, and heartfelt way of living. And also the influence to hold people back from a greater truth.
Old 27-10-2023, 11:08 PM
Newbie ;)

Universe is the voice/word of God

The word is the universe. It was the first thing created. The universe was referred to as the word as well as the son of god. The son of god is called the son of god bcause it was the first dimension created using familial terminology. The "man" made in the image of God is also the son of god, the first dimension, and through that first dimension all other dimensions were created. The son of god means that the dimension below god came from god. The son of man comes from the son of god, which is 'man'. It's a way to undersand dimensions.

When Jesus taught to become a conceived child of god, if you 're a male, like jesus, then you are a son of God, but that is different than the Son of God, the first dimension.

It is through the word of god that we are saved, so prophets like Jesus help save by showing us what the universe is, called giving sight to the blind, so we can learn how directly from the mouth of God via creation.
Old 27-10-2023, 11:39 PM
Master

anymore i try not to 'share' stuff that isn't being asked for. Otherwise my ego gets involved and I'm trying to push my own will on others by picking and choosing what they see... better that I give answers that seem actually useful to them, than that they have to live with MY choices for what views to look at, in my view.

And I also try to not overshare any more which was another problem I had. but otherwise i don;t have a problem sharing even if it makes me look like a fool... I'd rather be a fool sometimes anyway than try to remain that thing people so cherish, respectable. Respectability is a hard thing to get and a costly thing to maintain... and it can be gone in an instant. Much easier just to go out and smell the roses and ignore all the people clamouring that you act 'proper' before they will acknowledge you.
Old 27-10-2023, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderon
The word is the universe. It was the first thing created. The universe was referred to as the word as well as the son of god.
Welcome here - your first post!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-10-2023, 01:11 AM
Newbie ;)

God came before the word

Quote:
I believe the answer to this question is God. Answering, "In the beginnning of what", would help to define this. If "in the beginning" refers to the beginning of the universe, and the universe is the Word of God, then the universe is God speaking. Before the word would be God who has yet to speak. God is a lifeform, and the word is the expression of that lifeform. The life form is what would have existed before the word/universe. Uni = one. Verse = voice. One voice. God's voice.