Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 19-10-2022, 06:24 PM
Ascender
Discussions regarding God

What does God need u for? U want to establish 100 hospitals? God can himself do that in an instant and also in the same instant alter people's memories to think that these have been existing since a long time.

If God appeared in front of you, offering to give u anything u want, what would u ask him?

Should u pray to him at all? What's the best prayer?

Logically tearing out each others' opinions is always welcome in my threads.
Old 19-10-2022, 06:40 PM
Ascender
My logic says to Love God, do nothing else. This can get expressed in many ways, e.g. telling God to help u love him.
Old 24-10-2022, 07:04 PM
Master

do nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
My logic says to Love God, do nothing else. This can get expressed in many ways, e.g. telling God to help u love him.

To love God doing nothing may be ok or no ok depending on the context. This can easily be understood based on our day to day life experiences in our lives.
Give and take is the way of the world. So even in our families if there is no reciprocal give and take, life becomes miserable for everyone involved. So in order to run families successfully, everybody doing their part properly is mandatory.

If however we are say 2 month toddler or we are seriously ill / injured /bed ridden our family member MAY out of sheer love for us help us during our difficult times and during that period 'doing nothing' also is exonerated by our loved ones.

Now the world is an extended familiy and what works in family works also in the world. So above so below - So near so far - So below so above.

So whether 'Doing nothing' is ok or not , only we or our God can decide depending on our equation / situation with God .
Old 25-10-2022, 07:26 AM
Ascender
I say one can take God's personal instructions regarding what is to be done. Like i said (Loving God) "can get expressed in many ways, e.g. telling God to help u love him". God can tell sm1 to do some specific service to the world, that is up to God. Following God's instructions is a way to serve him which is a way to love him.
Old 25-10-2022, 11:28 AM
Master

telling God

Quote:
I say one can take God's personal instructions regarding what is to be done. Like i said (Loving God) "can get expressed in many ways, e.g. telling God to help u love him". God can tell sm1 to do some specific service to the world, that is up to God. Following God's instructions is a way to serve him which is a way to love him.

Telling God to help you love Him is an excellent idea. However how God perceives / believes/considers /appreciates/rewards /punishes it is entirely dependent on Him considering various situation/contexts/pretexts with all underlying variables and depending on thoughts, speeches and actions of people involved. God would not be bound by any simplistic thumb rules.
Old 25-10-2022, 04:26 PM
Ascender
"Telling God to help you love Him is an excellent idea."
Thank you 🙏

"God would not be bound by any simplistic thumb rules."
He is, brother. I think he's bound by faith. I intuitively think that those who are internally powerful take care of those who rely on them. May not be applicable on everyone, but generally speaking. And God does feel like this kind of person. Also teachings of having faith in God by masters like Ramakrishna, Baba Neeb Karori. Ramakrishna:
"Once a person has faith he has achieved everything. There is nothing greater than faith."
Old 26-10-2022, 11:55 AM
Master

Binding God

True there can be some simplistic rules to bind God like be sincere ,honest,diligent, vigilant etc.
But I have not heard/read 'doing nothing' . Hence I don't have much faith in it. Anyways you can believe in it. I have absolutely no issues with that.
Old 10-11-2022, 10:07 PM
dreamt

Quote:
What does God need u for?
I'm not sure the answer to this.
What is your answer?
Old 11-11-2022, 08:03 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamt
What is your answer?
Love God, e.g. by being with him, following his personal instructions, trusting him and therefore giving all your cares to him 🙏
Old 14-11-2022, 04:24 AM
Ascender
"following his personal instructions, trusting him and therefore giving all your cares to him"

Giving one's anxieties to God - No.
Trusting God and therefore stop worrying - Yes.