Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 20-08-2021, 03:56 PM
Master
The age old debate as to who is more spiritual............
probably can be resolved if people would only live on air and only air.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 21-08-2021, 12:55 AM
Master
the point was, we let go of many thing as we evolve, including certain foods.
if we let go of something is not a measure of where we are.
Old 21-08-2021, 04:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
the point was, we let go of many thing as we evolve, including certain foods.
if we let go of something is not a measure of where we are.

There is no point to it in relation to veganism. Humans evolved as omnivores and every human civilization or hunter-gatherer group ate/eats animal food. Meat, fish, dairy, eggs. You can't get enough plant protein in the wilds. Vegans also depend on stuff made in the factory, like vitamin pills and fortified foods. Is all that dependency a sign of being more evolved? I don't think so. It's even more maddening if we know that farming practices have made the world less biodiverse.

We've become more out of tune with nature and foolishly we think it's made us more spiritual.
Old 21-08-2021, 04:34 PM
Master
Your reply has very little to do with what I have stated.
As well your replies are as old and outdated as the hunter and so on you mentioned.
But never mind, there is a path for all of us in this wonderful game we are playing, so play well.
Old 21-08-2021, 04:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Your reply has very little to do with what I have stated.
As well your replies are as old and outdated as the hunter and so on you mentioned.
But never mind, there is a path for all of us in this wonderful game we are playing, so play well.

So how is it more ''evolved''? Lets hear it then.
So far all you are saying is I'm vegan therefore I'm more evolved.
Old 21-08-2021, 11:07 PM
Master
Perhaps go back and read again and again what I said, and perhaps at some point you will understand what I said, perhaps.
Old 22-08-2021, 06:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Perhaps go back and read again and again what I said, and perhaps at some point you will understand what I said, perhaps.

Yeah... you believe vegans are higher dimensional beings, higher vibration, and that giving up animal food a sign of spiritual development.

People from every culture have depended / still depend on animal food: meat, or dairy, or eggs... or a combination. This is true for the monks, the priests, the guru's, the yogi's. Those that taught or did something spiritual still ate either meat/fish/eggs/dairy or drank cow or goat's milk.

Why are people, that depend on modern factories making supplements and fortified foods, suddenly more spiritual than everyone else? Why is dependency on plant protein that can't be found locally and needs to be shipped from another continent suddenly more spiritual? Our bodily needs haven't changed in all that time. Calling it ''the past'' doesn't change the nature. So how can a vegan be a higher dimensional being, more vibrational and spiritual?
Old 22-08-2021, 08:10 AM
Ascender
The subject is complex, because none of the animals we now consume are genuine animals, all of them are raised to be eaten. Fed on what, with which supplements or antibiotics ... ?
If we take a spreadsheet with the average content in this and that vitamins, we can do maths with food but, unfortunately, that's absolutely not how it works in reality.
Nothing adds up, there are tons of interactions between foods, not all vitamins or sources are equal, we have all a different metabolism ...
And we have many beliefs about what we need.
Old 22-08-2021, 07:20 PM
Master
It's just a very complex topic, Guillaume. But I too believe the treatment of farm animals is abysmal. It is a system of mass production and another example of the efficiency and scale of modernity. That however does not make animal food bad in and of itself. Modernity is full of ironies: it claims to fix disease and hunger but it creates bigger populations and more pressure on resources. Fossil fuels charge our tech and civilization, but pollute our air. Veganism claims to be there for the animals, but depends on modern farming and technology. Modernity itself is the disease. It creates more materialism and wealth but at what cost? Another irony is I'm posting all of it using a computer.
Old 29-08-2021, 04:05 PM
Master
My spiritual( for won't of a better word ) instinct / gut reaction tells me Rah nam is correct in what he says.
in places where others do not.